Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dockers have a similar list to ours but have been able to develop their talls a lot better and they 23 is a bit more balanced but they are in the early stages of entering their premiership window.

If the draft is good, I reckon they will just pick up young guys, especially if they can drop in local talent unless there is a can't miss trade.

They also have to work out the Luke Jackson, Sean Darcy ruck situation. If they decided to trade Darcy, that would net them a fair bit as well.

It could be a super off season for Freo.
Bloody Geelong keep picking up diamonds late in Drafts.
This Humphrey bloke was in a WAFL reserves team, and drafted in the 60's last year.
Goes alright.
And Stewart was playing in Barwon Heads or some such minor league when he was drafted.

If you have a good eye for talent, like Wells, you fine quality almost anywhere!

Bloody Geelong keep picking up diamonds late in Drafts.
This Humphrey bloke was in a WAFL reserves team, and drafted in the 60's last year.
Goes alright.
And Stewart was playing in Barwon Heads or some such minor league when he was drafted.

If you have a good eye for talent, like Wells, you fine quality almost anywhere!
No doubt, you can find a few roughies late but it is much easier to grab guys with the early draft picks.

Out of all the recent premierships teams, the rebuild of the Western Bulldogs probably had the least amount of high draft picks. I was quite surprised and it made me soften my opinions on Bevo.

Reported that Collard made homophobic remarks to multiple opponents. He really doesn't want to play for St Kilda any more this year.

Do they never learn?

I don’t even understand why that [or racial slurs] is even remotely a go-to insult.

There’s a beautiful array of words with which you can verbally smoke someone that doesn’t require a tearful career-saving podium apology.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t even understand why that [or racial slurs] is even remotely a go-to insult.

There’s a beautiful array of words with which you can verbally smoke someone that doesn’t require a tearful career-saving podium apology.

Brain Meeting GIF

Yes but the only time in the past ten years have I heard an AFL player refer to reading a book and that was the crows' ruckman wrt Jordan Peterson

On the whole, they're Millennials or Gen Z /A2 or whatever with no attention span, let's not get into the "jocks r dumb" debate (but they generally are)

Yes but the only time in the past ten years have I heard an AFL player refer to reading a book and that was the crows' ruckman wrt Jordan Peterson

On the whole, they're Millennials or Gen Z /A2 or whatever with no attention span, let's not get into the "jocks r dumb" debate (but they generally are)

It’s worse with Aussie rules players, most of them go to private schools on scholarships or with well off parents, so not only are they poorly read, but they’ve actively avoided learning in a prime opportunity 😂.

I like picking on privileged private school silver spoon twats as much as anyone, however I reckon professional sports men are pretty dumb across the board regardless of background tbh it's just a man baby environment.
Olympics starting in a week or so.

Strap in for entitled adult baby tears live on 9…

Looks like to take the piss out of the absurdity that the AFL has become, you have to live 12,000 kms from the action because if you are part of the Vic footy media mafia, nah make that the Oz Footy media mafia, the AFL will send a please explain, or take your accreditation away.

I like picking on privileged private school silver spoon twats as much as anyone, however I reckon professional sports men are pretty dumb across the board regardless of background tbh it's just a man baby environment.
And also because whenever any player (Brodie Grundy, Darcy Moore etc) displays a modicum of intelligence they get labelled a latte sipping ponce.

And also because whenever any player (Brodie Grundy, Darcy Moore etc) displays a modicum of intelligence they get labelled a latte sipping ponce.
Latte sipping ponces are allowed to play AFL though.
Don't think there's anything in the rules of the game to preclude that happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back