Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

The Marlion Pickett Medal - Someone who shouldn't have been playing but played well.

The Billy Frampton Medal - Someone who shouldn't have been playing.

The Spangher-Renouf Medal - Someone.

Best display of crowd participaton in a Grand Final - Helen d'Amico Awatd

Best (non) umpiring decision to affect outcome of a game - Wayne Harmes Award

Best performance in a Grand Final by a player who now hates the club (to be awarded retrospectively) - Andrew McLeod Award

haha - Sturts finished 3 games clear of Central and just lost to them - now one of Sturt or Gnewg will be eliminated next week.
Must admit, was over Centrals winning all those flags. But it beats the shit out of pretty much everyone else winning bar maybe West Adelaide.

Must admit, was over Centrals winning all those flags. But it beats the shit out of pretty much everyone else winning bar maybe West Adelaide.

Souths don't seem capable of doing anything other than producing AFL draftees. Stupid Rowe is probably hoping he lives long enough to see his N0rd pass Port's premiership tally - only six to go!

Derek Kickett medal - player inexplicably dropped for a GF
Bob Murphy medal - injured captain of the winning team, must gatecrash the dais to be eligible
Braden Maynard medal - player who should've been suspended but cleared through some legal loophole
Converse to the Maynard medal they can have the Dan Houston medal for the player who's had their suspension massaged out to ensure they can't play in the finals (only players from non-vic teams are eligible though)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing a style of football that even Ken Hinkley can shutdown and turn around a game in the second half?

This is where I see the loss of Houston having a minor benefit for us.

We need to actually have a Plan B.

We all know how bad it usually goes when Plan A is shut down.

Looks like the crows released a story on Lachie Murphy too soon. Top of my Twitter feed as I opened it was a ‘Club Statement: Lachie Murphy’ post which disappeared as soon as I hit refresh.

Hawks are a million times better now than that round 10 game. That was almost 4 months ago.

They are on a great run but haven't beaten much either.
Hard to tell if they will get shut down or be able to run and gun in finals.

Main board has a discussion on Herald Sun's best 40 players under 24.

I've copied and pasted the top 10 from that thread, but full list is shown on the thread on main board.

10th. Will Day
9th. Max Holmes
8th. Caleb Serong
7th. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
6th. Chad Warner
5th. Jason Horne-Francis
4th. Harry Sheezel
3rd. Errol Gulden
2nd. Zak Butters
1st. Nick Daicos

Anyone got a view on the relative merits of players named at 4 versus 5? 😃

Main board has a discussion on Herald Sun's best 40 players under 24.

I've copied and pasted the top 10 from that thread, but full list is shown on the thread on main board.

10th. Will Day
9th. Max Holmes
8th. Caleb Serong
7th. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
6th. Chad Warner
5th. Jason Horne-Francis
4th. Harry Sheezel
3rd. Errol Gulden
2nd. Zak Butters
1st. Nick Daicos

Anyone got a view on the relative merits of players named at 4 versus 5? 😃
Probably figured North supporters need something to make them feel better after their season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back