Game Day Port v Bulldogs @ Adelaide Oval - Round 17, 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angry Half Baked GIF

I’m glad you included (and others)
That group are a long long way from leaving and that’s why real change is many years off.

For today a loss would go a long way to ending our season,a win puts us in touch with the top 4.
Reality can be scary for everyone.

This simply isn't true. You get rid of Ken and marginalise (if not get rid of) CD, you can completely reverse the fortunes of the footy department pretty quickly.

On form this should be a loss. If we lose it's the closest we'd have ever gotten to Koch being forced to act (whether he would, even in such an obviously untenable situation is questionable at best).

Therefore, given every time we get to this precipice Ken gets yet another reprieve, Port will win this. In an unconvincing fashion, that convinces no one things have changed at all, but gives Koch and co. the cover they are so desperately after.

Prove me wrong Bulldogs, prove me wrong.

I’m in Malbun for the weekend.

Saw various arriving Dogs at the airport yesterday. Darcy, Richards, Liberatore, West (and Lade) among them. They looked in good spirits. Refrained from imploring them to smash us.

After I arrived in Melbourne I saw three immaculately dressed 30-something ladies, all in Carlton scarves, heading in the other direction presumably raring to see their charges in Sydney.

The sheer hope and excitement in their faces. The joy radiated by their expressions.

I miss that. But then I’m at fault for not being a mindless ‘Yay Ken’ zombie, I guess.

All the booing BS and sacking Hinkley stuff aside, this is a massive game for both clubs and we actually match up well.

Midfield is even if we turn up or dogs slightly ahead.

If Alir plays well and keeps us organised we can negate their forwards. Naughton worries me with his ability to work up and down. Darcy’s height requires someone to get back as a second man to spoil him, otherwise he will kill BZT. Our small and medium defenders need to be on point so we can run it out of defence.

Our forwards have a great opportunity with no Jones. Very much on them to win this as they should get good supply.

I think the midfield will go slightly to them. Our defence will have to be well organised and we will have to attack from defensive fifty. Farrell, Bergmann and Houston will have to drive us forward quickly and accurately - do this and we should win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the preamble for this weekend's games on fox last night the voice over promoting our game (I think it was Jono Brown) began with a big pussy kiss for our `Kenny!' :rolleyes:

What does this bloke have that makes him so immune to any criticism, it's obviously not looks or charisma, so WTF is it?
Maybe those who have suggested he is seen by those over the border as poor, down trodden Ken who is being unfairly treated by us feral Port supporters are onto something.

He's like the fuzzy little mascot who everyone knows is clinically mentally incompetent, but he's the little underdog battler they can root for, and they don't care that's he's done nothing because it isn't their club he's ruining.

Sack Hinkley

This simply isn't true. You get rid of Ken and marginalise (if not get rid of) CD, you can completely reverse the fortunes of the footy department pretty quickly.
They are going to get rid of Ken and replace him with one of the boys.
To quote a popular BF saying, shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.
Anyway time will tell.

In the preamble for this weekend's games on fox last night the voice over promoting our game (I think it was Jono Brown) began with a big pussy kiss for our `Kenny!' :rolleyes:

What does this bloke have that makes him so immune to any criticism, it's obviously not looks or charisma, so WTF is it?
Maybe those who have suggested he is seen by those over the border as poor, down trodden Ken who is being unfairly treated by us feral Port supporters are onto something.
Basically if he was coaching a Vic side especially a big one the vibe would be completely different.
Have a think about it, supporters of other non Vic clubs like West Coast and Crows want there coach gone but it gets very little press from outside there state.
They don’t give a rats arse about what’s going on outside Victoria, we are only there to make out that it is a fair and totally national competition.

Ken, is a nostalgic figure for the VFL commentators harking back to simple amateur country coaches where everyone was mates and nostalgic good times, amateurism , a punt, ciggy at halftime. Everyone went back to the club for a booze up after and the simple coach just razzed up the players with simple goading , tactics weren't a thing or basic , just go in hard boys- ie work hardery for longery.

Ken, is a nostalgic figure for the VFL commentators harking back to simple amateur country coaches where everyone was mates and nostalgic good times, amateurism , a punt, ciggy at halftime. Everyone went back to the club for a booze up after and the simple coach just razzed up the players with simple goading , tactics weren't a thing or basic , just go in hard boys- ie work hardery for longery.
The mutt doesn’t even drink, I’d respect him more if he did.

This is the day, I can feel it in my bones. Beautiful sunshine, I'm in a corp box sipping free piss and food. It's just got that feel of a new beginning.

Bulldogs by 17.

I'll be booing from the boxes at full time.

Hinkley sacked on Tuesday.

Get It Good Times GIF by The Brummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back