Autopsy Port versus an actual football team

Remove this Banner Ad

Rozees mum complaining about our fans booing them off and being negative and ‘not true supporters’ on one of the facebook pages is triggering.

Youre a saints fan whos been part of the club for 5 minutes and want to tell people how to support?

We should give her Brad Symes mums number

Rozees mum complaining about our fans booing them off and being negative and ‘not true supporters’ on one of the facebook pages is triggering.

Youre a saints fan whos been part of the club for 5 minutes and want to tell people how to support?

Lucky she wasn't sitting in front of us last night!

Rozee’s mum is a full blown nuffy. Conor doesn't actually associate with her much. She tries to get involved but trust me, Conor knows how embarrassing she can be.

As much as players’ families just need to steer clear of social media at all times, I’d also give parents a break about getting emo. They feel this sort of thing differently.

Last edited:
In the TV commentary last night, the AFL CEO's brother mentioned that Footscray's previous biggest finals win was 70 points against West Coast in 1998.

What he didn't mention was that their next game after that was a 68 point loss to Adelaide in the PF.

I mention it because I think our 2021 season has been similar to Footscray's 1998 season.

They were coming off a heartbreaking loss in the PF the year before, had a strong season, finished second and earned a home PF with the week off. They seemed to be on a mission to atone for the previous year and went into the PF as heavy favourite against a side that was travelling for the third week in a row. Like Port in 2021, they were blown away early and effectively out of the contest before it had barely started.

It's notable that, after that debacle, it took Footscray a decade to get back to the PF and almost two decades to actually win one and reach the GF. A similar or worse trajectory for Port won't surprise me.
We’d better NOT go down that same path

I would offer him up for trade this year… we traded out Chad and got good returns, rozee hasn’t had a thousandth of the impact Chad has, not even close. Yet I feel we could get a bit for him. Soft and flakey, the very antithesis of what a Port Adelaide player should be.

chop him now.

I was there until the 2nd dogs' goal in the last quarter. Bailey Smith, right in front of me.

At that point it was

seinfeld-no-thanks.gif

My longevity can only be put down to the very entertaining middle aged blonde 2 rows in front shouting like a lunatic all night including zingers such as "BONNER YOU SUPERSTAR" and "MARSHALL YOU LOSER" (admittedly the rest was tried and true 'kick it, hit him, why did you kick it?' etc)

Anyway at least she put in a 4 quarter performance unlike the twats in black on the ground and the coke-guzzling loser in the perspex box.

You're dead right. Since 1997 our finals record, to our historic finals record is a disgrace.

Tonight was worse then the 2007 Grand Final capitulation. That day we were lucky to be there, and against a all time great side our luck run out. Fair enough that happens. Tonight we were $1.40 odd favourites, had a week off, against a battered side and we surrendered in 20 minutes of footy.

Tonight our leaders and senior players proved who they've always been. Great players when there is no pressure, or their backs are against the wall, but when it's all there for them and they have to go out and win the game, and take it by the scruff of the neck they cannot do it, not against the elite sides of the competition, when the pressure comes. 2014, 2020 & tonight are proof of it.

As a club we have to look at it tonight and tomorrow and say right will Ken win us a flag, that's what the game is all about, winning flags, not making finals, or making the community proud or any other bloody load of nonsense. If Ken isn't that man, which after almost a decade, he isn't, then grow a pair as a club and make the move.

That's the only way we can change our AFL DNA, if the status quo remains, the same disappointment and results will occur.
Yep - it simply won't happen under the current regime. Things don't fail 47 times in a row, and then magically start working: a crap system needs to be replaced, not persisted with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know nobody wants to hear this but last night was definitely one of those nights where everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I heard Justin Leppitsch talk during the week about the 2018 prelim where Collingwood beat Richmond and how in reviewing the game they were staggered at how often the ball would just bounce the perfect way for a Collingwood player to get a quick break or a quick hack kick forward would just land straight in a Collingwood players arms, etc. This actually happened to us last night. I'm not planning on watching the game back but if you do I reckon you'll notice how often the ball just falls their way. Sometimes you just have those nights.

Of course, this doesn't in any way excuse our performance. We sucked and deserved to be smashed. But just some context to the bare horror of the margin.

The chicken-egg factor of that lot enabling last night’s hot garbage with their unwavering cheerleading of pedestaled personalities is lost on them.

It's strange, but in the round 23 game I never at any stage thought we were going to lose. Even when we conceded the first four goals and kicked all those points in the second quarter, I thought we were always on top in general play and that it would eventually be reflected on the scoreboard.

Last night was the complete reverse. After they kicked their third goal I was certain the game was lost. Even my wife, who knows nothing about football and has no interest in it, turned to me and said: "Port don't look like they're ready for this game". She then offered to leave the room in the hope that it might bring them some luck if she didn't watch but I told her not to bother as I knew there would be no comeback this time.

It's great that our players got to sleep in their own beds in the lead up to this game but it would have been even better if they'd bothered to get out of them.

From SEN app, Rendell names our pretty boys:

While some Port Adelaide players can hold their heads high - namely Ollie Wines, Travis Boak and Riley Bonner - former AFL recruiter Matt Rendell believes that nearly a dozen of their teammates should be “embarrassed” with their effort.

Speaking on SEN’s FootySA, he named the Power players that need to improve both physically and mentally if the side is ever to reach a Grand Final.

“I’m just disappointed in nearly a dozen of their (Port Adelaide’s) players,” Rendell said.

“Whether they’re physically and mentally tough enough to win a premiership with this team, and I’m going to name names.

“They all had disappointing games last night, in the most important game of the year, they were really ordinary.

“(Connor) Rozee, (Zak) Butters, (Orazio) Fantasia, (Peter) Ladhams, (Ryan) Burton, (Dan) Houston, (Todd) Marshall, (Darcy) Byrne-Jones - what’s happened to your form from last year as an All-Australian – Karl Amon, (Steven) Motlop and (Miles) Bergman.

“They all need to get physically and mentally tougher next year if they want to win the flag.

“It’s alright for them to play really pretty football, and they are really good footballers.

“They play pretty football when there’s no adversity and they’re winning contested ball.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Port versus an actual football team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back