Review Port vs 31 free kicks to 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Visente with the most centre clearances on the ground and more than double the next guy.

Keep him in for the rest of the year. He was excellent. His ability to follow up the ball and some of his handballs in tight were just exceptional.

He finished the year like that, we don’t need to chase Grundy. He can certainly be a future number 1 ruck to carry us forward.

Oh there's always "circumstances" with this club.

The side we played tonight just had their best 2 out. Everyone has injuries. We were depleted tonight sure but we've been s**t for 6 weeks now and it's not just due to injuries/ilness/umpires

It's due to the dumb * coaching on the bench plus a mentally fragile group.
Some of A, some of B.

For this game we had Lycett, Dixon, Finlayson, McKenzie (early), Aliir, Jones, Farrell, Georgiades, Bergman as probably part of a best 22-25.
Who would play ahead of Visentini, McEntee, Mead, Lord, Jonas, Burgoyne, Evans, Bonner,

Plus losing McKenzie early.

Not counting Fantasia as I think Rioli is ahead of him.

We’ve played A couple of shockers against Adelaide and Carlton who were both in very good form, and run Collingwood close and Geelong in Geelong the same.

We need 5-6 of these back and match fit for finals. I reckon running 4th and playing Collingwood at the G might be the best thing for us Instead of Brisbane in QLD or Melbourne.

Except for the grandad on the sideline watching his grandkids play and hoping he can give them all the “tried hard” award On b&f night.

Hinkley pointed out when asked about a -19 contested possession count, when you're -14 in the free kick count, that goes against your CP count.

Said a lot without saying something.

Lock it in, Collingwood @ the MCG in the first final rather than Brisbane at Adelaide oval.

3rd and facing Melbourne at the 'G a bit more likely. Beat GWS (AO), Freo (O) and Richmond (AO) to lock in at least 3rd. Ignoring all the bloody emotions I still think that's the most probable outcome. ~Half the best 22 out tonight didn't help, of course neither did bad kicking or shockingly poor umpiring.

One stat that sticks out is "time in possession". Despite a bright start to Q4 we drop off in Q4 overall, especially the last 10 when it was still up for grabs, and we have close ones under the belt this year with a fuller list. So one part is the group available and one part lets just call it "deflationary umpiring".

My "what happen Powa?" PTSD is tingling but logic suggests these factors won't all be outliers so far against us in the next three. OK, if we can't get folks on the park next week and can't put GWS away early enough then it may depend a bit on which two of GWS, Geelong & Carlton AFL House "most prefer" to see contesting finals (last round blockbuster "elimination" between Carlton & GWS Marvel looming, with the Cats home game against the Dogs looking likely to be a dead rubber for the Dogs who will be locked into 5th by then). Oops there goes that twitch again.

I’m gunna be more positive about that one. Everything was against us, no key position players really, plenty of injuries, umps being bias, the boys gave a good effort.

I don’t know about anyone else but I thought Geelong looked very average. We lost that game because of mistakes we made, they didn’t win off their efforts

Jackson out on a wing with an occasional run in the middle might have been interesting.

Still, probably heave 5-6 coming back next week so he wouldn't stay.

Visente with the most centre clearances on the ground and more than double the next guy.

Keep him in for the rest of the year. He was excellent. His ability to follow up the ball and some of his handballs in tight were just exceptional.

He finished the year like that, we don’t need to chase Grundy. He can certainly be a future number 1 ruck to carry us forward.

Good pick up.

Visentini was very good, always been a fan and he is coming along in leaps and bounds.

He has real desire to improve too, so expect him to be bigger and stronger next year.

Could really step up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m gunna be more positive about that one. Everything was against us, no key position players really, plenty of injuries, umps being bias, the boys gave a good effort.

I don’t know about anyone else but I thought Geelong looked very average. We lost that game because of mistakes we made, they didn’t win off their efforts
Geelong were as good as they needed to be knowing they would get the rub of the green. If Dixon was umpired like Cameron we'd all be saying "Buddy who?"

I would love, just once, for the Club to make it clear that it is aware of the rubbish we cop week in week out from umpires. The calls and non-calls tonight in the last at critical times were beyond incompetence.

The club is essentially run by the AFL for the AFL so we're just not going to do that are we? I can't bear to watch the presser... call me perversely paranoid but I hope Hinkley didn't have a proper go at the umpiring, because if he did that would tend to suggest he was already feeling secure for next year.

Funny when Rozee expected Jonas to be an afl player and run into space, and then the ball goes out of bounds when Rozee handballs into said space because Jonas didn’t run there. I know we don’t have many options but Jonas must be close to last selected now.

Who the **** does that campaigner think he is laughing and joking with the Geelong players after another painful loss. What is wrong with him, how can he be that poor at reading the ducking room. Your players and fans are hurting you ****wit, oh wait I get it you got your flipping contract.

**** this club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gutsy effort. Can’t question endeavour tonight. SANFL players playing out of their level due to injury, umps fk favouritism.

But don’t forget the same shortcomings that have plagued us for the looooongest time: goalkicking accuracy and leaking junktime goals.

Same $h1+ different year - hinkleyball, betterer for longerer etc etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port vs 31 free kicks to 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back