Game Day Port vs Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always want to win, but the strange feeling a loss mightn't be the worst thing is hard to escape.

Just feels like such a pointless occasion. I was 99.99% confident we'd lose to Brisbane and I'm 100% sure we would lose to Collingwood in a PF at MCG.

share discover GIF

I could not give a shit about a pointless finals win. We won 13 on the trot this year. Making the GF becomes a pass mark at that stage. We won't make it there and the year becomes a clear failure again.

The giants had their worst game for about 3 months against us. That isn't gonna happen again.

This is basically a free hit for them, all the pressure is on us.

It's gonna be bad lol.

The fallout will still be non existent though. The AFL media can go straight on to jerking off the prelim finalists, and the club will just go radio silent til pre season again lol. How depressing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is exactly the type of final we win so that we can say “at least we won one! Ken’s a genius!!!” Despite whether we win or lose this we aren’t winning the flag. So I think we win this and get comprehensively beaten by Collingwood. Ports by 38 (Ladhams reference).

As flat as I have ever been for a final involving Port all the way back to when I started following them in the early 80's.

Part of me is thinking that a loss would be the best result for us as it will put more pressure on the muppets in charge.

Plus I can't see us getting anywhere near Collingwood next week as our players will get stage fright once again in a prelim.

This is a great thread title though. Captures the essence perfectly.

I was awake at 11:30pm last night toying with the idea of creating a fantastic game day thread at 12am but I decided to sleep. This will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back