Game Day Port vs Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As flat as I have ever been for a final involving Port all the way back to when I started following them in the early 80's.

Part of me is thinking that a loss would be the best result for us as it will put more pressure on the muppets in charge.

Plus I can't see us getting anywhere near Collingwood next week as our players will get stage fright once again in a prelim.

There won't be any pressure. They'll all go into hiding until the preseason.

This is a great thread title though. Captures the essence perfectly.

I was awake at 11:30pm last night toying with the idea of creating a fantastic game day thread at 12am but I decided to sleep. This will do.

It didn't even have the Game Day thread tag until some happy clapper mod decided to edit it.

As flat as I have ever been for a final involving Port all the way back to when I started following them in the early 80's.

Part of me is thinking that a loss would be the best result for us as it will put more pressure on the muppets in charge.

Plus I can't see us getting anywhere near Collingwood next week as our players will get stage fright once again in a prelim.
You get to a stage where you just want all the pain to end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tribey pulled out a stat that in all knockout finals we've played since 2014, we've been beaten by a side we beat in our last clash that year.

2017 beat WCE in reg season, lost in final
2020 beat Rich in reg season, lost in final
2021 beat WB in reg season, lost in final.

Bodes well

GAME DAY Port vs Giants semi finals are scary but Oppenheimer wasn't built in a day (to season blown up ... LOL get it?) New, Caligula orgy scene inside
Keninly Foodbowl Cwub vs GIANTS, build the bomb (to 1945), playing a little bit girlie (to 2024); new Japanese High Speed Rail Discussion

Yawn.
* sighs *

Well....... we could win. We should win.
We may not win.

Going with #1 son tonight.
Picking us by 11 points in an error ridden, hard to watch scrap.

Not sure what side will take the field - hard nosed, tough, resilient, proactive, team focused, never say die!
Or feeble, lacklustre, reactive, 15 sheep waiting for half a dozen committed wolves to do all the work and get us across the line with individual brilliance?

Do I really care anymore?
Yeah, I probably do. But after 59 years, especially the last decade, I'm hanging by a thread.

It’s toeing the line to be a negative nance on here . Team lovers get derided
Tell us what there is to be positive about. We allegedly exist to win premierships - or at least we used to. But do you honestly think our grand final drought will end this year?

judas-cradle.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back