Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not entirely happy with the deal, but one thing I do like is our picks.

Doesn't Sound to bad to me, I'm also pretty certain Lyons and Kerridge are going to be traded, also maybe wright

9, 13, 28, 32
At this stage, we've only got 2 list spots free. So 9 & 13 not bad to take in the draft.

Use 28, 32 and players to complete any more trades to come.

At this stage, we've only got 2 list spots free. So 9 & 13 not bad to take in the draft.

Use 28, 32 and players to complete any more trades to come.

We must keep 9 & 13 for the draft - we need to take the long-view

At the end of the day pick 14 wasnt enough. To get 9, 28 and a player that improves the list somewhat is better than 14 alone. That was the goal.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk
all depends on what we make of the picks now, draft for the first 2 and trade the rest perhaps (with maybe lyons and kerridge involved)

His source appears to be from Carlton. Other than Bryce Gibbs, I'm not sure who they have that would be considered a Big fish. And I can't see Gibbs happening at all.
This has been my secret hope for the last fortnight. Gibbs is still a serious talent who brings exactly what we need, brilliant disposal and calmness under pressure off half back. He is obviously jaded at Carlton and they really need to rebuild from scratch so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst it's prob only putting sauce on a shit sandwich, it is what it is, we had little bargaining leverage and anyone who thought otherwise was looking through red, yellow and blue glasses. The task now is to bring in more pieces. I'm of the belief we have enough top end talent even without Danger. It's our guys in the 15-25 range that need improving and in the end we may come out with a more balanced list. With a new coach, Capt Tex there's a lot to look forward to :thumbsu:

I think it could have been worse, but I can't help but feel short changed.

Geelong have come out and made commitments to all sorts of players which require reasonable draft picks. As soon as Henderson was going to Geelong we were never getting 2 first rounders (even though we definitely should have been entitled to two).

WE NEED TO PUT OURSELVES FIRST. AFC should have asked Geelong to come up with a late first or early second (17-20) or made them turn 28 into a player we wanted (Anderson). I remain hopeful that we accepted this trade because there is something further in the fire for that pick.

And our third rounder back. ******* brilliant.
Look, I know it's not worth a whole lot in this draft, but obviously Geelong, A COMPETITOR, want it for something. It has some value, and likely could have helped secure other targets.

This is really below standard.
Makes sense when you think about it. Geelong have given up their first two round picks. Their first pick (pending future trades) is round 3. They get two round 3 picks (in a draft with little depth) and we have 2 x first round picks and 2 x second round picks. Although I would argue that we should not have given them our 3 round draft pick....we now have 4 picks under 33 (thus far) and would probably not use that pick 50 anyway.

Geelong will have to be very lucky or strategic with their first two picks (44 or whatever) and pick 50 to land decent long term talent.

I would have loved Geelong's first round next year too, but damn it is better than what the AFL were prepared to give us. Glad it is over and now we close out the Dangerfield period.

At the end of the day pick 14 wasnt enough. To get 9, 28 and a player that improves the list somewhat is better than 14 alone. That was the goal.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk
No. Forget about gore, he's steak knifes ands value is nothing. So we get pick 9 and 28 for one of the best midfielders in the competition and the the deal gets done before lunch time on day one.

Absolutely pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back