Possible trades & rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are going after a ruckman, set the bar high I say.

Mackie and 2nd rounder for Cox and 4th rounder would do me.

Allow's Simpson and Vardy time to develop without being thrown into deep end and allow's Cox another shot at a flag before he retires

Yeah but that would all depend on if Ottens retires.
If he doesnt, why wouldnt you blood a young ruck along side him?
There is no point trading for old players, we need to introduce some young blood to keep everything rolling along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but that would all depend on if Ottens retires.
If he doesnt, why wouldnt you blood a young ruck along side him?
There is no point trading for old players, we need to introduce some young blood to keep everything rolling along.

Otto doesn't in tend retiring. And Dasher wants to go around again too according to Cookie tonight. He said the list management team will have some big decisions to make at seasons end - ie whether there's another tilt at the big dance left in this group or to go for youth and a rebuild.

Otto doesn't in tend retiring. And Dasher wants to go around again too according to Cookie tonight. He said the list management team will have some big decisions to make at seasons end - ie whether there's another tilt at the big dance left in this group or to go for youth and a rebuild.

Is this the triple m interview? because I only caught the tail end of it so I heard the stuff about the rebuild I just didn't hear whatever he said about Otto. So Otto has decided to go on 1 more year?

Perhaps with champion players around him he would flourish? He's only 26 and with a change of scenery he may just be a handy asset.

Some club will snap him up, just not sure whether or not you guys would be interested with Simpson, Vardy and the rest coming through.

Hale for Djerkurra or Hogan worth a look?

It's been obvious for a while that several players are coming to the end of their careers even though they are still playing pretty good footy. If Geelong wish to continue being a force for the next 4 years, while they still have Ablett and Bartel at their peak, its time to think about the next generation of footballers and offload some of the almost coming to an end/gone mob. These include:
Mooney (Almost at the end of his days) -Use Pods and Hawk to play FF and CHF
Ottens (Ditto) - Fast track West or Simpson next year
Milburn (Ditto) - use Gillies/Drum.
Scarlet (2 more years and time to bring on a replacement)
Wojo (worth another year after the past few games but Taylor Hunt can take his spot permanently in 2012)
Corey (another year or 2 on Half Back)
Max (another year?)
Ling (another year and move him forward to play on best running defender like Goddard or Fisher. Still tagging but he's a good kick for goal)
Move Taylor Hunt into the tagging role
Chappy (Keep him going as long as he can)

If Ablett stays, Otto, Mooney and Milburn will free up some cash and although we may not be they same force, we won't lose much in the transition and still be around the mark until we can develop our list for the future. We have a window left of perhaps 5 years with our midfield and backline. If the Pies and saints can be their with their young list of developing talent, we should be also close.

Jees some people are harsh. I wish I could be a hack that kicked 8 in game of AFL.Having said that Hale is not Ottens. I don't see any real advantage in recruiting in guys struggling for a game at their club. If we get anyone it must be worth the effort. Of course It will make us look rather limp wristed if we go hard at a ruck just 12 months after letting Mumford go.

My personal preference would be to give the guys on our list a go. Vardy looks to have high potential and we just need to be patient. Lets face it , if your on ball is strong enough you don't need to have the best ruck.

My area of concern would be quality tall players , especially backs. Just who do we have that look anywhere near good enough in our young group. Hawkin's will be there and Mitch Brown may come good. Vardy may be Ruck /Forward so we we have a few options forward.

But down back we are very mature with many immediate replacements. Taylors fine but after that we are downing in light weight talls.Lonergan is still a light weight in body and talent , Mackie is not the guy I want to see on Johnno Brown. Im not convinced on Gillies. Is Drum it , not sure on that either.Laidler another Milburn..... It would be nice to have Hurly ( Ess) on the Geelong list.

I think we should go after Nathan Brown from Collingwood. I like how he goes about it and would flourish in our defence under Scarlett.

He doesnt seem to be getting a regualr spot and looks as if Reid has gone past him.

What does everyone think?

I think we should go after Nathan Brown from Collingwood. I like how he goes about it and would flourish in our defence under Scarlett.

He doesnt seem to be getting a regualr spot and looks as if Reid has gone past him.

What does everyone think?

It will be Presti's last year so I'd think I doubt he'd be getable. Reading Cook's quote we will not have money chase players so we may have to look at VFL or other state League players for ready mades. If Pods and several other have made it , others can as well.

If the list management group want to create some space in the salary cap, I think they should trade Andrew Mackie, Josh Hunt and Mark Blake for top end draft picks.

We have to release some premiership stars at the end of the year. Mackie has some currency and he is worth a first round draft pick and I would not mind the Cats trading him to GC17 for a top 10 draft pick.

Josh Hunt is pass his best whilst Mark Blake is the most overrated ruckman at Geelong since Ian Bluey Hampshire.

Would not the Bulldogs love to have Mark Blake?

THE GOVERNOR

If the list management group want to create some space in the salary cap, I think they should trade Andrew Mackie, Josh Hunt and Mark Blake for top end draft picks.

We have to release some premiership stars at the end of the year. Mackie has some currency and he is worth a first round draft pick and I would not mind the Cats trading him to GC17 for a top 10 draft pick.

Josh Hunt is pass his best whilst Mark Blake is the most overrated ruckman at Geelong since Ian Bluey Hampshire.

Would not the Bulldogs love to have Mark Blake?

THE GOVERNOR

I don't think anyone would love to have Mark Blake.

Mackie may be worth a top ten pick to the GC but he is not worth a top ten pick to anyone else. Considering Mackie was a top 10 pick and is a good player for us, why would you trade him for a top 10 pick who may not be a good player for us?

Hunt - well yes but this assumes we have someone else to play small defence. As far as I have seen we do not.

Laidler is the perfect replacement for Dasher if or when he pulls the pin.
Gillies should hopefully get some senior game time next season to see if he can one day take over from Scarlo.
It would be nice if Drum could string a few together next year and atleast play 1 senior game..
I'd also like to see Simpson get a good run next year..i rekn he would become an awesome player..

basicly, Djerrkura, Gamble are definatley gone and I would move Blake on aswell..

I can't see the cats wanting to cut anyone else on the list loose

Remove this Banner Ad

Possible trades & rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back