Review Postmatch discussion/positives & negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Pos : Brown, Tarrant, Wood

Neg : No pressure on the ball carrier, allowing them to use their footskills
Corralling and zoning off is the best example of this
kick ins..... disgraceful
handballs, slow, high, loopy and usually well telegraphed, a lot of our field kicks also fit these criteria
centre clearances, we seem to be very static, reactive, and slow to use 1st option
allowing opposition a loose man, much prefer man on man accountablity
opposition red time goals, a far too regular occurrence
team selection, poor again

What the **** is wrong with us?

We shit ourselves when under pressure and when we have a clear pathway to run and carry we overuse the ball and we DON'T TAKE THE FIRST OPTION.

I don't mind, in fact, I like us taking it on but when you are under pressure you take the first ******* option.

McMillan on his left foot casually was disgusting. We have time and space so why use your opposite while transferring play inboard?

Tried to cut down on smoking but I've already rolled my first J. Who's in?

Make sure it's about an eight paper job like a ****ing didgeridoo - I hated this performance worse than Adelaide - where are our
Gladiators

Negative - why when I upgrade from a North membership GA to level 1 did ticketek put me bang smack in the middle of the Hawks cheer squad. Cheers for there being no info anywhere about which end is our home end on the Internet.

Too tired and disappointed for a detailed critique.

I saw a genuinely rubbish side last night at the MCG. North is far from that bad, which is why a performance like that is so disappointing. Horrible decision-making and worse execution, over and over - and then a period and pieces of play that remind you how good they can be, and make the next bit of crapness even more annoying.

I know Hawthorn have to get credit for a lot of that, by their pressure, but a lot of the pain was self-inflicted. And Hawthorn could have played much better and kicked straighter.

Just home. Not even drunk.

And to the c*** down the Eastern Fwy who had no headlights - go f*** yourself you piece of f*****g shit.

Bloody weak as piss effort on field too - Hawks play unsociable footy but by geez they have the skill set to back it up.

Our forward line looked like a brothel. Struggled to take marks regularly inside 50, and whenever it'd spill to the ground the Hawks had plenty of numbers to either clear it or apply plenty of pressure. Around the ground the Hawks did this well too.

Say what you like about Hodge and Lewis.....they play like c***s but they play to win - three premierships each says it all. Win at all costs mentality. Wasn't overly annoyed about what they did - had the result been our way and a couple of our boys clobbered a pair of Hawks, we'd all be applauding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne ‏@NMFCOfficial 9s10 seconds ago
Scott: Our forwards got caught too far up the ground at times and we lost a bit of organisatiin #NMFCMedia #aflnorthhawks

We didn't think of addressing that in the game? Before the game?

This is the first year I've heard JB starting the crank up some expectation around the team's performance including condemnation of round 1.

Brad has been a terrific engager in the North Melbourne culture but some of the lacklustre efforts and regressive development of some players are going to start catching the eye of the board sooner or later.

Too tired and disappointed for a detailed critique.

I saw a genuinely rubbish side last night at the MCG. North is far from that bad, which is why a performance like that is so disappointing. Horrible decision-making and worse execution, over and over - and then a period and pieces of play that remind you how good they can be, and make the next bit of crapness even more annoying.

I know Hawthorn have to get credit for a lot of that, by their pressure, but a lot of the pain was self-inflicted. And Hawthorn could have played much better and kicked straighter.

After the first quarter we actually controlled large parts of the game. We nullified Hawthorns momentum. But as you say, time and time again we took the wrong option or just plain old ****ed up. At no stage were we able to actually get the momentum going for us, because we kept letting Hawthorn off the hook.

Even half way through the 4th when we were 5-6 goals down, I thought we were capable of coming back if only we suddenly fixed the rot (and maybe if we got a bit of luck).

I'm no where near as pissed as a lot of people seem to be. I am very disappointed though.

It wasn't Hawthorn that won the match, it was us that lost it.

Harvey had 30 disposals, don't think I've seen a less impactful 30 disposals in a game. Can't remember seeing him much tonight. Probably one of our only "good players" but I can't even remember what he did.

Really missing the class in the middle with Wells and Dal Santo out. :(
Shit himself a couple of times and should not be played in the backline anymore. Half forward from now on. Why are we trying to reinvent a 37 yo?

And to put on that sort of display and get done by 10 goals in front of our 1975 premiership team is a f*****g disgrace.

After the first quarter we actually controlled large parts of the game. We nullified Hawthorns momentum. But as you say, time and time again we took the wrong option or just plain old stuffed up. At no stage were we able to actually get the momentum going for us, because we kept letting Hawthorn off the hook.

Even half way through the 4th when we were 5-6 goals down, I thought we were capable of coming back if only we suddenly fixed the rot (and maybe if we got a bit of luck).

I'm no where near as pissed as a lot of people seem to be. I am very disappointed though.

It wasn't Hawthorn that won the match, it was us that lost it.

Sorry but your nuts must be numb, they alloowed us to do some thimgs within the parameters of their game plan, after Goldy missed that free kick they knew they had us ....

Mate which game were you at? They fing reamed us a new one. I would take any one of those blokes over at least 10 of ours tonight :thumbsdown:
Never said they were shit, they smashed us in effciency, just stated two of their players committed sniperish acts and Rioli tends to get a lot of lets say easy possessions as does Bruest on ocassion, though my original comments on Bruest aren't majorly justified.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Postmatch discussion/positives & negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back