Review Postmatch discussion/positives & negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry but your nuts must be numb, they allowed us to do some thimgs within the parameters of their game plan, after Goldy missed that free kick they knew they had us ....

There were only 2 goals scored in the second quarter, one apiece. There were 8 scored in the second, 3 for us 5 for them (including one in the dying seconds). We were drawing even with them for those two quarters.

Never said they were shit, they smashed us in effciency, just stated two of their players committed sniperish acts and Rioli tends to get a lot of lets say easy possessions as does Bruest on ocassion, though my original comments on Bruest aren't majorly justified.

I wou;d have liked 2 of of our boys to come out and target mitchell and brusst regardless of the consequences. Hawls play Giants next week and a week off for what they did tonight shows great forward planning IMO

I wou;d have liked 2 of of our boys to come out and target mitchell and brusst regardless of the consequences. Hawls play Giants next week and a week off for what they did tonight shows great forward planning IMO
Probably, their kicking skills is something to aspire to, they just kept hitting target after target.

+ve - nothing
-ve - everything else. But honourable mention to Swallow and Goldstein accepting apologies on field from Hodge and Lewis on field. For Christ sake, save that to tomorrow morning's text message. Both should have been put on their arse right there and then.

Hodge: Hey Lewie, I've just punched their captain in the face and he just accepts it.
Lewis: Yeah, we can do what we like to these guys and they'll just take it!

Game over.

I'm not a Scott knocker,far from it, but that quote screams "I was crappy tonight".

He was.

Lewis and Hodge will probably sit on a porch as old men and reminisce about all the heroic, manly things they did

I wish they played for us

Posters on here having a dig at the Hawthorn players are misdirecting their anger. Yeah Hodge and Lewis took a couple of cheap shots but how did we retaliate? That concerns me more.

As upset as I am at the loss, I did find myself marvelling at the way the Hawks played. They are a great side and showed us up again.

Unless Scott makes some changes we are going nowhere.

Yeah nah yeah nah...............nahhhhhhhhhhh
The stats are the stats.

How many times during the second and third did you groan or pull some hair out because we ****ed up an awesome play with an unforced skill error or with plain old bad decision making that either cost us a shot at goal, or resulted in them getting one against us?

We were balls deep in the game from the second quarter through to when we surrendered 2/3rds of the way through the 4th.

He was.

I wish they played for us

Posters on here having a dig at the Hawthorn players are misdirecting their anger. Yeah Hodge and Lewis took a couple of cheap shots but how did we retaliate? That concerns me more.

As upset as I am at the loss, I did find myself marvelling at the way the Hawks played. They are a great side and showed us up again.

Unless Scott makes some changes we are going nowhere.
My anger ain't misguided. I was there. I think I know what I am allowed to be angry about and what I'm not. Thanks. They were the better side but I didn't "marvel at the way the played". And no, I don't wish they played for us.

Yeah look Hodge is a c*** but he's a c*** with 3 premiership medals.

Perhaps rather than being afronted with the fact he and Lewis clearly acted outside the rules of the game, perhaps we should be asking why our players are all too willing to accept half hearted efforts.

Absolutely disgraceful acts on the footy field. Couldn't believe Hawks fans cheering the two of them in the last quarter. They should be embarrassed!
Yeah, I'd be embarrassed too coming off back to back flags with one of them having two Norm Smiths to his name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely disgraceful acts on the footy field. Couldn't believe Hawks fans cheering the two of them in the last quarter. They should be embarrassed!

Really? If we had two players like Hodge and Lewis in our side I'd love them to bits. I'd hate what they did tonight but embarrassed by them? I've seen worse from North players in the past - one incident by the bloke who now coaches Hodge and Lewis comes to mind.

Really? If we had two players like Hodge and Lewis in our side I'd love them to bits. I'd hate what they did tonight but embarrassed by them? I've seen worse from North players in the past - one incident by the bloke who now coaches Hodge and Lewis comes to mind.

A dog act is a dog act, no matter who you are!

I reckon Boomer is nearly finished and should be played as a sub.
Atley needs a spell when the LMac comes back. His turnovers are too frequent and painful.
Black needs to get more involved.
Our kicking into F50 is ******ed. You could clearly see a massive difference between the two teams going into F50.
Our backline kicking and having no options when the ball is kicked in from a behind is very bad.

One major positive is that it's only round 5 and we've clearly been shown what's required to step up to the major league. Make no mistake, we were mauled literally and figuratively by a monster team. After the Swallow and Goldstein episodes our guys were hearing footsteps every time they went for a mark. It's not all bad. They'll learn a lot from this, jeez I hope they do. No point in giving crap to Swallow and Goldstein for shaking hands after the game, They had no other option. Imagine the laughing stock they would be if they sulked!! We take it on the chin and be prepared the next time and all the next times. Remember how we used to maul Essendon in the late 90's? Boy, did they pay us back in spades later. We got jumped, we weren't prepared for it, end of story. Remember the week they had - Port Adelaide + Clarkson. They were primed and angry and are the benchmark of the competition. We should have been prepared, but we weren't. Not many teams would be ready for your captain + ruck to basically get king hits in the first quarter. Hell, the Hawks treated the game like a Grand Final. They didn't care if the whole team got rubbed out this week. How do you compete with that?

I played a lot of footy in my younger days (I'm not going to say I was a superstar....) and I was always taught that no matter what on the field, give as good as you get. If you wear one, so be it. But always square up.
They did not even try to get them legally - it's weak as ****ing piss. brad no more "you're better than that champ" - get barassi i n there at half time

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Postmatch discussion/positives & negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back