Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don't know that it will work for an AFL season just because it works for a limited series State of Origin in rugby.

There's a lot of practicality issues with it.

Getting to one grand final is hard enough. Wouldn't be easy to find people who can get to all three. So most people would pick and choose which grand final they go to. Who wouldn't pick the third and potentially deciding one?

There's the logistical side of it, in that it would essentially be adding three extra games to two teams' seasons, a pretty substantial disadvantage in regards to the following year's preparation.

And then there's just the enjoyment factor. What if the teams are just really badly matched and all three games end up as bad as the first and only GF? What if it's all wrapped up and decided after the first two and the third is just one big, expensive dead rubber?

Yer i know the cons to it just 2022 was devastating to end it like that idk i dont have a solution just think something needs to happen to equal out the disadvantage.

Just watching 2 equally balanced sides tonight and the spectacle is amazing

See thats why its best to have a best of 3 GF's it generally evens out your team getting blown away and unable to get back in the game.

Origin 2 QLD was Sydney of 2022.

The reason for best of X games is desirable, isn't because of the sporting spectacle, it's because of the $$$.

You get to broadcast/sell tickets/merch etc for more than 1.

The NFL would also absolutely love to do a best of X as well, but the players association won't allow it because it's very demanding.

The reason for best of X games is desirable, isn't because of the sporting spectacle, it's because of the $$$.

You get to broadcast/sell tickets/merch etc for more than 1.

The NFL would also absolutely love to do a best of X as well, but the players association won't allow it because it's very demanding.

I dont watch NFL at all is it more demanding then AFL you reckon?

Yer i know the cons to it just 2022 was devastating to end it like that idk i dont have a solution just think something needs to happen to equal out the disadvantage.

Just watching 2 equally balanced sides tonight and the spectacle is amazing
2022 was devastating but imagine if we had to re-live it all over again the following week. Or we got a glimmer of hope by winning the second one and then got belted again in the third because Geelong were just better than us.

No doubt something needs to change to create more equality in grand finals. There is no secret what the solution is, but the AFL won't do it, and in fact double-downed on it when they signed their last MCG contract.

**** them.

2022 was devastating but imagine if we had to re-live it all over again the following week. Or we got a glimmer of hope by winning the second one and then got belted again in the third because Geelong were just better than us.

No doubt something needs to change to create more equality in grand finals. There is no secret what the solution is, but the AFL won't do it, and in fact double-downed on it when they signed their last MCG contract.

**** them.

But we beat the same Geelong side a few months earlier by 6 goals do you think we would of gotten belted again by 80 odd if there was a second game?

But we beat the same Geelong side a few months earlier by 6 goals do you think we would of gotten belted again by 80 odd if there was a second game?
I don't think the Geelong team we beat at the start of 2022 was the same Geelong team we faced in the GF. They didn't win consecutive games until round 11 of that year. We beat them in round 2 and they weren't in the top 4 on the ladder until round 12 of that year.

They had a slow start and then morphed into the clear best side of the year, so yeah maybe we'd handle the occasion better a second time around, but I think there was a big class difference that meant there would've been a fair chance the outcomes were no different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the worst song in living history being popular

Joe Daniher with his stupid chewing on bubblegum and pretty boy hair never out of place

Let’s not get me started on the city itself. Sweet your arse off just sitting

Why is it that footballers have such shit tastes in music for?

Discuss!!!

I thought this board needed this thread

Seeing Double Laugh GIF by The Wiggles

I just don't know that it will work for an AFL season just because it works for a limited series State of Origin in rugby.

There's a lot of practicality issues with it.

Getting to one grand final is hard enough. Wouldn't be easy to find people who can get to all three. So most people would pick and choose which grand final they go to. Who wouldn't pick the third and potentially deciding one?

There's the logistical side of it, in that it would essentially be adding three extra games to two teams' seasons, a pretty substantial disadvantage in regards to the following year's preparation.

And then there's just the enjoyment factor. What if the teams are just really badly matched and all three games end up as bad as the first and only GF? What if it's all wrapped up and decided after the first two and the third is just one big, expensive dead rubber?
NHL Stanley Cup final is best of seven.

Could it hurt for a teammate to scruff Joe Daniher’s hair at least once?
Missing out on Joe was a real sliding doors moment.

Would have costed us Papley and Logan. We definitely got out better from not getting that trade through

NHL Stanley Cup final is best of seven.
So too are the MLB World Series and NBA Finals

The thing with these sports is that they are far less strenuous, and the games are far far shorter. so you can play many more games in a season.

NBA: 48mins/game, with 82 games/season
NHL: 60mins/game , with 82 games/season
MLB: 1,000,000 hours/game but like cricket most of it is nothing happening, with 162 games/season

NHL, MLB and NBA often play games on consecutive days.

A seven game series is not so bad if the sport allows it physically.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back