Autopsy Practice Match, 2022: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

brb just calling vic pol to let them know billings has been found

He's been low key but good. I think he's just always going to be a guy who has 25 uninspiring but important possessions. A lot of the kicking off half back that has broken the lines has been him. I was thinking he was good in that quarter.

Winning and outside of the Webster play/King goal I’ve thought our transition has been ordinary.

We look good at forcing them down the line like we have trained to do all pre season. But when they open us up at our CHF, they just blast through unopposed.

Would really like to see a midfielder get on top now for us.

As an outsider looking at this game, you would see Cripps as a top midfielder, and Steele as a plodder who might struggle to get a game next week. These are the games where a captain needs to stand up and get the team over the line and I would hope he gets a rev from Ratten.
LOL wat?

As an outsider looking at this game, you would see Cripps as a top midfielder, and Steele as a plodder who might struggle to get a game next week. These are the games where a captain needs to stand up and get the team over the line and I would hope he gets a rev from Ratten.
Dude it’s a praccy game, I don’t care if Steele had three touches and no tackles. Let him get miles into the legs and be injury free.

We're clearly a better side, equally clearly we're not super switched on for this one.

They have a bit more high end to bring in and their systems look much better under Voss. I don't think they'll be too bad this year. They don't have McKay or Walsh in for this one, they are easily their two best star players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been low key but good. I think he's just always going to be a guy who has 25 uninspiring but important possessions. A lot of the kicking off half back that has broken the lines has been him. I was thinking he was good in that quarter.
It’s frustrating because you say 25 uninspiring. I believe if he learns to take his chances, you start saying 25 and 1 or 2 goals. That’s all Australian form.

It’s the lack of Billings taking the chances that prevents him from being a gun and leaving him in that underwhelming decent player area.

To steal Gringo's comment, we did well to get back into the game whilst still playing ordinary footy. I don't think Carlton played that badly either. Maybe the free kicks balanced out a bit more? Ha

I said it was "much better", not that it was perfect.

Our first quarter was terrible.

Second quarter we worked harder and more importantly started to use the ball much quicker and this created a lot more opportunity while also interfering with the Blues ball movement which in the first quarter was largely unimpeded.

Sadly our movement into the forward line remains a mystery to fans and players alike.

Winning and outside of the Webster play/King goal I’ve thought our transition has been ordinary.

We look good at forcing them down the line like we have trained to do all pre season. But when they open us up at our CHF, they just blast through unopposed.

Would really like to see a midfielder get on top now for us.

It looks like the Blues are much better at spreading and working into space for each other. We look lazy and disinterested at times when we try to bring the ball back up the ground. Very safe and low risk footy off half back too which makes it a bit slow and boring to watch.

It’s frustrating because you say 25 uninspiring. I believe if he learns to take his chances, you start saying 25 and 1 or 2 goals. That’s all Australian form.

It’s the lack of Billings taking the chances that prevents him from being a gun and leaving him in that underwhelming decent player area.

Yeah, looks like a guy who over thinks everything. Could be anything but his own self belief kills it.

It looks like the Blues are much better at spreading and working into space for each other. We look lazy and disinterested at times when we try to bring the ball back up the ground. Very safe and low risk footy off half back too which makes it a bit slow and boring to watch.
Clubs are going to go with the old fashioned quarter back role, more and more with the stand rule.

I’d almost have a defensive forward on them to just tag the kicker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Practice Match, 2022: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back