Preview Pre-match discussion Round 13 Carlton V Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

OUT:

Browne - he just doesn't do enough. his 3rd year at the club and, while he has balls, he isn't damaging with disposal and you barely notice him.

Hadley - good in the packs, but useless in general play. McLean is at least semi useful in linking up counter-attacks etc.

Joseph - needs a run in the 2s, he's lost form since last year

IN:

Bower - goes without saying

Yarran - need him back in the forward line desperately

McLean - does Hadley job but better

Knocked knee but Judd OK

Icke said it was unlikely the injury would require a scan. ''I would be surprised if anything comes with that knock on the knee,'' he said.

Judd had 23 disposals against the Kangaroos in a fascinating head-to-head battle with Daniel Wells.

While Judd appears likely to play against the Dockers, emerging hard nut Mitch Robinson has a strained quad and is in doubt.

Knocked knee but Judd OK

It must be a coincidence that another player has pulled up sore with a quad strain after a game at the Docklands.

Knocked knee but Judd OK

North Melbourne coach Brad Scott said the Blues' forward structure, based around marking target Jarrad Waite and goalsneak Eddie Betts, had set up as he had expected.

''I thought they tried to play the way we thought they would. It's just that when you are controlling the footy, it makes it pretty hard for the opposition to do anything other than defend,'' he said. ''I thought they would try our defenders up the ground and get out of position and beat us on the way back.''

Knocked knee but Judd OK

Where the game was won unfortunately. North's defenders kept their structure and didn't follow their man up the ground. Congestion through the midfield meant we couldn't spot up a pass across CHF and bombing long into the forward line played right into North's hands.

Bring in Ellard and he shall repay the faith :D

40 touches, 10 clearences and 8.1 on the scoreboard :thumbsu:

On a more serious note get rid of Joseph for a month or so and make him want to kill someone for his spot back:cool:

IMO we should bring in an extra tall for a bit more versatility, in case of injury or a KP player having a shocker. How about Hampson to have a go at Sandilands? As far as talls go I'd bring in Hampson, Henderson and Bower and drop the Irishman and maybe one of Thornton /Kruezer/Jacobs.

I was on a bus and missed the game and can't say I'm in a hurry to watch a replay, I can only go on the dreaded stats and what I've seen so far this year.

Seems that a lot of you want Bower to replace Thornton and I agree that Bower (if 100% fit) must come in. But he has been out a long time and even at his best always seems to be hurried when disposing (fascinating that when someone is out they become the great white hope).

Thornton though (at his best) is poised and has more time to deliver. I know he's not at his best but think we should give him time to work into form. As I said I agree with a fit bower in but to complement Thornton not replace him.

Also stats say that Kreuzer and Jacobs had 67% and 56% of game time, for ***** sake they couldn't have been on the ground together very much. WTF's wrong with resting Kruez in the FF line for a while, only has to take a couple of grabs and might as well bludge there as on the bench.

Don't know who else should come in but think Mclean and Hendo are a must and should stay there, I also think those that want Hoops out are talking crap

Time to swing the axe. Treat them mean and keep them keen....

OUT:
Robinson (injured)
Kruezer
Browne
Thornton
Joseph
Hadley

IN:
Hampson
Henderson
Bower
Grigg
Yarran
McLean

IN: Hampson, Ellard, Lucas, Bower, Yarran
OUT: Jacobs, ??, ??, Thornton, Browne

i like this idea...however, question lies on whether ellard can replace hads and provide more value. cant see him fitting in anywhere else unless someone from our mids is injured.
from all reports this kid deserves another shot, question is when.....

I think 6 changes maybe a bit over the top just quietly. Perhaps making only 1 this week was a mistake. Don't change a winning formula is a crap notion. Play your best team!

Robbinson would be the one to go. When our forwardline has worked really well this year (ie V Geelong and St Kilda) it has been like this:

HF: Houlihan, (Hendo/Waite) Yarrran
FF: Betts, O'Hailpin, Garlett

With Murphy and Simmo also rotating through there. All the hype about Setanta's little helpers was true to an extent, but only because there were 3 of them, and that is what really unbalanced the opposition. They can lock down 1, or one and a half, but not 3. Currently, Robbinson is probably better in the midfield (especially at Etihad), so he is more challenging with the likes of Hadley, Scotland, McLean, Grigg, Lucas for his spot.

THIS!!

Plus.. Our mosquito fleet MUSt all play at every opportunity.

I can't understand why people want Hadley dropped.

Out: Thornton, Browne, Robinson, Joseph
In: Bower, Yarran, Ellard, Hampson

B: Jordan Russell, Michael Jamison, Dennis Armfield
HB: Andrew Walker, Jarrad Waite, Paul Bower
C: Heath Scotland, Richard Hadley, Marc Murphy
HF: Kade Simpson, Setanta O'hAilpin, Chris Yarran
F: Jeffery Garlett, Shaun Hampson, Eddie Betts
Foll: Sam Jacobs, Chris Judd, Bryce Gibbs
I/C: Andrew Carrazzo, Ryan Houlihan, David Ellard, Matthew Kreuzer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Browne, Robinson (injured), Setanta
In: Yarran, Grigg, Warnock

Ratten said yesterday he was very keen to get Lucas back to free up Gibbs but also wants to be careful with him
McLean didn't train last week with food poisoning so doubt he'll come in but may get the nod ahead of Grigg
Warnock frees Kreuzer to play some forward and would know Sandilands style well
Freo aren't tall so give Bower another week to make sure his quad is good to go
I'd love to see Henderson playing Setanta's role. He'll be a better player sharing the forward line with Waite.
Betts may not come up , if so Grigg and McLean may play
I doubt Ellard will be promoted.

originally posted by Ryan Dixon Webb

user_online.gif

totally agree, Hadley was one of the better players on friday and was one of only four who met their internal goals for the night. Joseph had general soreness during the week and you could see it in the match a two week rest with the bye should do him good. Robinson out with injury. Thornton is looking really slow and so is his kicking which cost turnovers and stopped counter attacks, he gave north too much time. Browne is not up to afl standards and really struggled on Friday depite trying so hard. I am not sure having three 200cm plus guys in the team is good, i would like hampson to play just not at full forward but a speel up ther eis good, possibly drop kreuzer who like joseph could use a break, btw there is nothing wrong with that. people have to remember there are hardly any other ruckman his age running around and having such an impact let alone playing 50 odd games in a row. plus he has struggled with Sandilands in the past.

Why would you make that change and send Waite back? :confused:

OUT: Hadley, Browne, Thornton, Garlett
IN: McLean, Lucas, Bower, Yarran

If Robinson's injured then Garlett stays in the 22.

Would also like to see Henderson tried at Full Forward and O'hAilpin given a spell but its not likely to happen.

Time to swing the axe. Treat them mean and keep them keen....

OUT:
Robinson (injured)
Kruezer
Browne
Thornton
Joseph
Hadley

IN:
Hampson
Henderson
Bower
Grigg
Yarran
McLean

I don't think it would really matter that much other than for us to start working on getting our best team on the park.

Only Bower and Yarran make our team all the better and less predictable.
Henderson and Mclean need to be weened into the team, and Hampson and Grigg may just have to sit out this year.

Joseph may just get a rest this week after disobeying coaches orders.
Robinson should stay in front of Grigg.

We'd be best served to put this one down to a bad night and prepare to mess with the purple boys.

thought Garlett was OK
Garlett was great with some of the things he did.

A pass to Betts on the run on his wrong foot was incredible.

Outbodied Greenwood who went to ground and then held his nerve under pressure to maintain possession.

Ratts should show that play to the team to show how hard they need to play.

What is the status of Ellard? seems to be playing regularly well in the VFL and has bulked up considerably since his debut. Is he still rookie listed? I would like to see him play seniors again.

I don't think it would really matter that much other than for us to start working on getting our best team on the park.

Only Bower and Yarran make our team all the better and less predictable.
Henderson and Mclean need to be weened into the team, and Hampson and Grigg may just have to sit out this year.

Joseph may just get a rest this week after disobeying coaches orders.
Robinson should stay in front of Grigg.

We'd be best served to put this one down to a bad night and prepare to mess with the purple boys.
can you expand on this for me please

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Pre-match discussion Round 13 Carlton V Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back