Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Robe video has dropped .. 4-5 minutes

Dawson crays were on the menu
That seems like a fantastic camp. A couple of those each preseason would be way better than overseas or interstate ones. Cheaper, learn about the state, meet the extended Crows family, like Daws' parents, Fogs woulda been there too. Still get the bonding. Get to see how much support you have. More people there today than a North Melbourne preseason game at their home ground.

That seems like a fantastic camp. A couple of those each preseason would be way better than overseas or interstate ones. Cheaper, learn about the state, meet the extended Crows family, like Daws' parents, Fogs woulda been there too. Still get the bonding. Get to see how much support you have. More people there today than a North Melbourne preseason game at their home ground.
These community camps are far better than the Birdbrain camps...

Pedlar in another video was happy about it too, with his family from Kingston. Hinge is from down that way somewhere too

Pedlar in another video was happy about it too, with his family from Kingston. Hinge is from down that way somewhere too
Mundulla Tigers.

My Aunty taught all the Hinge boys & close with their family.

Nankervis is the hardest one to place I'm finding

Is he best 22 the whole season? Wing or down back?

Or fringe?

Or permanent SANFL?
Wing at the moment. I would play him round one and get games into him. Has large upside and some serious weapons. Barring injury etc I believe he will make it, and not just as a fringe player. I would have Jones and Nank of the wings with Smith providing the relief and oscillating between wing and half back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nankervis is the hardest one to place I'm finding

Is he best 22 the whole season? Wing or down back?

Or fringe?

Or permanent SANFL?
He's in my best 22.

I like having a group of players who can play HBF & wing as needed - Hinge, Jones, Milera & Nankervis.

Cook likely to play more in the McAdam role up forward, but very capable of playing back or on a wing too.

Same goes with our midfield/forward group.

We are building a more flexible team. The great Cats & Hawks team had players who would switch up different roles as needed.

I thought folk here were pretty hard on him last year

Still think when he was pinged for HTB when tackled by SPP from behind in the goal square was s**t umpiring and influenced peoples opinions

Hope he has a great season
Well, I hope he does too. It's the contested side of his game I think he needs to improve most. I'd like to see him have a bit more ability to win his own ball.

Still think when he was pinged for HTB when tackled by SPP from behind in the goal square was s**t umpiring and influenced peoples opinions

Nah I’d doubt that influenced anyone’s decision, everyone knew it was a terrible call.
His problem is his lack of physicality. Can’t tackle, block or shepherd adequately.

Well, I hope he does too. It's the contested side of his game I think he needs to improve most. I'd like to see him have a bit more ability to win his own ball.

Nah I’d doubt that influenced anyone’s decision, everyone knew it was a terrible call.
His problem is his lack of physicality. Can’t tackle, block or shepherd adequately.
Personally, I thought his games in 2023 were an improvement on 2022

If he can make improvements and become more contested in 2024 it's a win, for everyone

Based on his interview, Nicks has made it clear its an area of his game he needs to work on

I'm not advocating he's an automatic best 22 selection

All I'm saying is he's made improvements to his game year on year since he was drafted, and I get tired of some posters automatically calling him shit based on his performance 1-2 years ago

Physically, it appears he's filling out

Personally, I thought his games in 2023 were an improvement on 2022

If he can make improvements and become more contested in 2024 it's a win, for everyone

Based on his interview, Nicks has made it clear its an area of his game he needs to work on

I'm not advocating he's an automatic best 22 selection

All I'm saying is he's made improvements to his game year on year since he was drafted, and I get tired of some posters automatically calling him s**t based on his performance 1-2 years ago

Physically, it appears he's filling out
I think we'd all like to see our players continue to improve and correct their deficiencies rather than wash out. I don't think he is shit, but imo he does need to improve that contested area if he is to ultimately make it. He's talked the talk, now he needs to walk the walk.

I think we'd all like to see our players continue to improve and correct their deficiencies rather than wash out. I don't think he is s**t, but imo he does need to improve that contested area if he is to ultimately make it. He's talked the talk, now he needs to walk the walk.
Sure .. give him a chance

That is exactly it. He has all of the other attributes, but when players break tackles and get into the open, it is just too costly and happens too often. If he can fix this part of his game, and I sincerely hope he can, excellent, but to date he hasn't shown that he is capable of doing so.

I recall he took a few very strong contested mark in the back line which I've never saw him do and had equal career high tackles very early in the season but faded as the season went on which has always been his weakness due to his still slight frame.
1706312665013.png

I don’t think he makes our best 22 but he’s certainly not one of the first to delist like some on this board would have you believe. He’s decent depth.

I can't help but wonder if you believe some of the rumours that he shopped himself around and then never landed anywhere might've been a bit of a reality check towards where he was at and his weaknesses. Would have to have realised now that he's risking his career if he doesn't get better at the weaknesses. Might also have some drive coming from other guys being picked up by other clubs over him that he makes them want to prove them wrong. All good for us.

Like others have said, I'm pretty sure he's improved every year. Might need to be like TT in that needs to concentrate a bit less on the running and a bit more on the weights for the improvement to keep happening and to sort out the weaknesses. Needs a bit of mindset change as well, a bit more aggressiveness and malice even.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back