Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Izak and what COULD do but he's got a long way to go to get anywhere near Eddie the great.
At similar development age Rankine is already ahead of Betts so provided his development continue at the same trajectory as him then Rankine will end up being a better player especially his transition into the midfield which we've already seen glimpse last year what he can do.

Betts for the freakier stuff for now, Rankine is a far better footballer that Eddie.
I think the real difference is, and you are right in what you say, is that while eddie was a star of the comp, he was essentially a small forward. Where Rankine should surpass that is he has equal talent as a forward but his real star power will be when he fully transitions to midfield where he has already shown an ability to make the extremely hard look easy. It really will hinge on whether he can get a big enough tank to ensure most of his time is spent around the ball.

I think the real difference is, and you are right in what you say, is that while eddie was a star of the comp, he was essentially a small forward. Where Rankine should surpass that is he has equal talent as a forward but his real star power will be when he fully transitions to midfield where he has already shown an ability to make the extremely hard look easy. It really will hinge on whether he can get a big enough tank to ensure most of his time is spent around the ball.
I see Izak with better evasive skills but Eddie had better ground ball skills. I liked Eddie's set shot better too. Izak will need to claim at least one of the pockets to truly be in the conversation.
Both at elite levels however.

Also...and previously noted by others, Izak still has half his career in front of him so comparing is a bit lop sided for now.

I'm happy however, they both played in the tricolour.

I see Izak with better evasive skills but Eddie had better ground ball skills. I liked Eddie's set shot better too. Izak will need to claim at least one of the pockets to truly be in the conversation.
Both at elite levels however.

Also...and previously noted by others, Izak still has half his career in front of him so comparing is a bit lop sided for now.

I'm happy however, they both played in the tricolour.
Eddie was 27 when he first played for us. Most people including me thought we overpaid for Betts with $2m over 4 years - which is an indicator of where everyone thought he was at with Carlton.

rankine is 23.

something will have to go drastically wrong for Rankine to not only surpass Betts but absolutely eclipse him.

Rankine has the potential to end up in the McLeod / Ricciuto conversation.

we all love Eddie and what he did for the club.

Eddie was 27 when he first played for us. Most people including me thought we overpaid for Betts with $2m over 4 years - which is an indicator of where everyone thought he was at with Carlton.

rankine is 23.

something will have to go drastically wrong for Rankine to not only surpass Betts but absolutely eclipse him.

Rankine has the potential to end up in the McLeod / Ricciuto conversation.

we all love Eddie and what he did for the club.
Still has the best highlight reel of any footballer ever. A star ⭐ by any measure.

May have been posted already

Adelaide is taking its pre-season preparations to the south-east next week, as players continue to build ahead of their 2024 AFL campaign.
Crows players will train at West Lakes on Monday, before spending the next two days in Robe, as part of their pre-season schedule.

The trip will have a focus on team bonding, with activities including a cricket game between players and staff planned, as well as a full training session.
Members and fans will get a chance to watch their favourite players in action during an open training session at Robe Football Club on Wednesday, January 24.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Promising, anyone with knowledge of this type of injury have a guess with how long he might still be out for?
Anywhere from 6months to a year.

Being a professional athlete with access to world class rehab, he probably should be looking to return to competitive footy in the middle of the year and at least provide for us good depth if we make finals, as best case scenario.

Promising, anyone with knowledge of this type of injury have a guess with how long he might still be out for?
The first year back is normally very difficult , you lose alot of power

In some ways it’s harder than coming back from an ACL , you might be playing but you’re not at your best especially someone who relies on explosive first 10 metres

It used to be a 12 months ish thing but I’d expect 9-10 months these days

Round 10-12 onwards I can see him out there but I think it will be very tough for him to make it back to the afl side this

I’m backing Murray to get back into team before Schoenberg

The first year back is normally very difficult , you lose alot of power

In some ways it’s harder than coming back from an ACL , you might be playing but you’re not at your best especially someone who relies on explosive first 10 metres

It used to be a 12 months ish thing but I’d expect 9-10 months these days

Round 10-12 onwards I can see him out there but I think it will be very tough for him to make it back to the afl side this

I’m backing Murray to get back into team before Schoenberg
Would be good for him to get some footy into him though, I originally thought he wouldn’t be playing any footy this year.

At least next year he will be up and running if he doesn’t play AFL this year

Anywhere from 6months to a year.

Being a professional athlete with access to world class rehab, he probably should be looking to return to competitive footy in the middle of the year and at least provide for us good depth if we make finals, as best case scenario.
Usually you'd probably expect the time frame to be 4 to 6 months ( with best practice rehab) for a ruptured Achilles

Gather after mid-season break would be best case, but realistically mostly sanfl with a view to be available for finals.

Gather after mid-season break would be best case, but realistically mostly sanfl with a view to be available for finals.
If we make Finals, him being able to be called up as a depth player getting some games into him at SANFL level would be an asset.

Injuries will happen its inevitable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back