Pre Season Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ashley Sampi

I would rather Jetta in as our second small forward because it sounds like hes been putting in the hard yards since he has got his injury right and how would he feel if a bloke who has been delisted because he didn't show to a fitness test took that spot...

Jetta will be a midfielder. Genuine small forwards are hard to get. IF he gets his head right he is well worth a punt. Honestly what do we lose, if he stuffs up we delist him, if he works he dead set could be the Rodan steal of this years draft. Naturally gifted, well worth a punt. Just make sure his contract stipulations are very direct.

We need a small forward if Monfries is going to play on the ball... alternatively Sampi has the pace and skill to be a premier onballer IMO!

He has plenty to offer... he has more skill than most players on our list IMO! Naturally gifted!

Wouldn't worry about Sampi being a on-baller but as a small forward, well worth the punt!:thumbsu:

We have enough midfielders (add Palmer this year to that lot)- small forwards are very hard to find. Sampi is worth it, his problems were mainly off the field. As a result he didn't want to play footy, and thats where it went downhill. Now he wants to play again, and I say lets have him. The worst that happens is we offer him a 1 year deal and we delist him if he fails! Heck Dyson got 2 years FFS!

One wants to play footy (MJ) who knows what Sampi wants to do

MJ may want to play footy, but he is past it! Sampi had a lot of things going on in WA off the field. He is well worth a punt, it is clear he wants to play otherwise he would not be coming back!

MJ may want to play footy, but he is past it! Sampi had a lot of things going on in WA off the field. He is well worth a punt, it is clear he wants to play otherwise he would not be coming back!

• Cousin died
  • issues with an ex-girlfriend, he refuses to admit he is the father to her daughter... he then (allegedly) threatened her and her sister with a knife.
Hmmm... perhaps that second point... I may reconsider my first thoughts on drafting Sampi! :D:D:D

Forget Sampi . I would have thought the whole Cupido experience would have been enough to warn you all away from head case's.
We have just removed Sheedy , why would we want to continue on with his policy of trying to same the wild beasts.
Lets just have a rest from it for a while and concentrate on players with commitment and work ethic.

I think getting away from footy wa sthe best thing for him. IF his head is right and the Essendon FC will have to assess that, then I say draft him. We have nothing to lose with this. If it turns out well we could have a steal of the draft! If friken Ricky Dyson gets a 2 year contract, Sampi deserves a look at!

I think getting away from footy wa sthe best thing for him. IF his head is right and the Essendon FC will have to assess that, then I say draft him. We have nothing to lose with this. If it turns out well we could have a steal of the draft! If friken Ricky Dyson gets a 2 year contract, Sampi deserves a look at!

At least you know Dyson will turn up for training every week.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least you know Dyson will turn up for training every week.....

And Sampi will if you told him "this is your last chance". Offer him the basic contract, 1 year deal. I tell you what I sure as heck would rather Sampi than Dyson..at least SAMPI might make it, Dyson is useless!

And Sampi will if you told him "this is your last chance". Offer him the basic contract, 1 year deal. I tell you what I sure as heck would rather Sampi than Dyson..at least SAMPI might make it, Dyson is useless!

I would sooner Jetta be playing every week myself. Dyson is on the list for midfield rotations anyway so it is hardly worth comparing the two.
If we can get Jetta and Lovett up and running consistantly we have no need to take risks with Sampi . It is all about "IF" we can get him going. How much consistant footy has Sampi ever played anyway ?

More than Dyson has in his career! Sampi could really add to our side, we don't have a crumming forward.

We dont have a crumming forward ? Jetta , Davey , Lovett ;)

I would sooner Jetta be playing every week myself. Dyson is on the list for midfield rotations anyway so it is hardly worth comparing the two.
If we can get Jetta and Lovett up and running consistantly we have no need to take risks with Sampi . It is all about "IF" we can get him going. How much consistant footy has Sampi ever played anyway ?

2003-2005.

http://www.finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1280

We dont have a crumming forward ? Jetta , Davey , Lovett ;)

You'd want at least Jetta and Lovett in the middle, I like Davey up forward, great forward line pressure, I believe IF his head is right, Sampi could provide very similar presence, imagine this:

Lucas, Lloyd, Gumbleton, Neagle, Davey and Sampi! That is one heck of a potent forward line do you agree?

Middles would be Jetta, Stanton, Watson, Lovett, Dempsey, Hislop, Monfries and possibly Dyson IF he comes good! Knights obviously has a lot of faith in Dyson, his late goal against the Crows was a beauty!

Jetta will be a midfielder. Genuine small forwards are hard to get. IF he gets his head right he is well worth a punt. Honestly what do we lose, if he stuffs up we delist him, if he works he dead set could be the Rodan steal of this years draft. Naturally gifted, well worth a punt. Just make sure his contract stipulations are very direct.

Small forwards are a dime a dozen and you can pick them up anywhere in any draft.

So far you have wanted Collard, Cousins and now Sampi.

Are you trying to turn us into a half way house for head cases?

FFS

Wouldnt say he was consistant.
20 goals in 19 games in 2005 is hardly sparkling stuff for a perminant forward.
32 goals in 22 games in 2004 was a good return but he did have 11 games with just 1 goal or less.
31 goals in 21 games for 2003 was also good but the same as 2004. 11 games with 1 goal or less.
And all of this is 3 seasons ago.
Yep lets make Essendon the number one place for those who have gone off the rails :thumbsdown:

Meh. I would give him another chance here. I mean who else can we get in the PSD. Draft isnt so strong so i wouldnt just go for a un-drafted player.

EDIT: Plus his got a mad name
SAMMMPIIIIIIIII lol

Small forwards are a dime a dozen and you can pick them up anywhere in any draft.

So far you have wanted Collard, Cousins and now Sampi.

Are you trying to turn us into a half way house for head cases?

FFS

Collard is a nice bloke, met him in Perth at a nightclub- so granted I am a bit bias there. Cousins I didn't say either way but if he wanted to come to Essendon I would look at him, whether I'd sign him is a different story! Sampi I believe will help our forward pressure, would be a great get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back