Preview Prelim - Coll vs Sydney - Changes and Prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Didak is a big loss, but dont undersell the loss of McGlynn for them.

Swanny is a huge addition to last time we played them. I agree with the other poster who said Daisy is the key as I truly believe it.
He only played a short amount of time in the previous win over them and played well so I am looking for a big game from him tonight.

Sinclair surely to start the sub.

Possible line up:

B - Toovey Brown Tarrant
HB - Shaw Reid O'Brien
C - Sidebottom Swan Wellingham
HF - Thomas Cloke Fasolo
F - Krakouer Dawes Goldsack
R - Jolly Beams Pendlebury
INT - Blair Johnson Elliott
SUB - Sinclair

I like it. Lets get it done.

True but Dids might be back next week if it all goes well and Sinkers is an ok in against the swans. He can run all game and lay a few tackles.
I don't mind Sinclair by comparison with some like Seedsman, Rounds etc. I reckon he's probably more complete than those guys although he can be inaccurate with his kicking. I just hate that we lose the instinctual footy we get with someone like Dids. No way Sinkers can make up for that loss.

Talking with a few mates and I'm now also quite concerned whether Dawes will actually play. The consensus among my mates, based purely on vision of the incident, is that he's got to be in serious doubt or at best seriously hampered. I certainly don't necessarily just take that on board but if it's true then I've got no idea what we'd do for a second ruck. I can't think of an option that won't seriously put us behind the eight ball unless we were prepared to release Cloke for short stints.

I don't mind Sinclair by comparison with some like Seedsman, Rounds etc. I reckon he's probably more complete than those guys although he can be inaccurate with his kicking. I just hate that we lose the instinctual footy we get with someone like Dids. No way Sinkers can make up for that loss.

Talking with a few mates and I'm now also quite concerned whether Dawes will actually play. The consensus among my mates, based purely on vision of the incident, is that he's got to be in serious doubt or at best seriously hampered. I certainly don't necessarily just take that on board but if it's true then I've got no idea what we'd do for a second ruck. I can't think of an option that won't seriously put us behind the eight ball unless we were prepared to release Cloke for short stints.

True, Dids adds some intangibles that Sinkers can't bring to the table.

That's a very bleak picture you paint with Dawes. I suspect that he was jabbed before training on Wednesday, and that he will likewise be running on 1 "numbed" leg tonight. The guy is putting his body on the line even before the game starts...

True, Dids adds some intangibles that Sinkers can't bring to the table.

That's a very bleak picture you paint with Dawes. I suspect that he was jabbed before training on Wednesday, and that he will likewise be running on 1 "numbed" leg tonight. The guy is putting his body on the line even before the game starts...
Yes I know but what worries me is that as far as I am aware, even at training he didn't do much if any work that would put lateral pressure on the knee. If he can't do that we're better off without him. Of course they may well have just been taking it carefully up until today to see if he can do it but I have serious doubts. Hope like hell I'm wrong.

d

disagre strongly with this.

Brown is needed for Roughead, Reid for Gunston and Tarrant for Franklin.

Maxwell isn't accountable enough for any of these 3. We need all our tall backs available I think.

Heath Shaw must play in defense. With those 3 talls, Toovey, Harry O'brien, Maxwell and Ben Johnson. Shaw can't play down back, and is forced to play either half forward or wing, where he is easily negated.

Personally i just wouldn't play Maxwell, but he will come in.
He actually matches up well with Gunston, The Hawks rarely go through Gunston when Franklin has played, so despite him having low accountability i don't see it being an issue.

Brown will not be dropped for the GF against Hawthorn, not with Roughead to cover in the forward line and Dawes lookiing finished for the year, let alone this week. Maxwell will come back in but not at Brown's expense.

if we win tonight, i will highlight why one of the defenders must go out if Maxwell comes in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Prelim - Coll vs Sydney - Changes and Prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back