Preview Prelim - Coll vs Sydney - Changes and Prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a tough one, I thought Elliot was really effective as the sub last week. Arguably his biggest asset to the side this season has been his tackling pressure and last week it really worked having him come on as a sub and applying so many tackles as well as the perceived pressure it put on their tired defenders. Didak's not going to do this anywhere near as well as Elliot in the GF and if he get up for the GF needs to start imo. Anyway if Elliot stays the sub, comes on and does a good job like last week then it becomes a really tough decision. Maxwell obviously has to play when he comes back in but swapping him for a small defensive forward is pretty bad for team balance imo - especially when that small forward is performing and especially when we have looked top heavy v Hawthorn in defence 3/3 times this season. It would be a tough decision but maybe even replacing Maxwell with a like for like would be the better alternative. Anyway this is all assuming Hawthorn beat Adelaide, that we suffer no more injuries and that Didak is fit for the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He isn't that big a loss, we can cover him easily. Whilst playing well, he doesn't win matches off his own boot anymore..

I like the inclusion of Sinclair, would start him and Elliot sub. Let Elliot try perfect that sub role if we make the GF and give Sinclair the job on R.Shaw/Mattner.

This change can work in our favor. Sinclair loves the physical stuff while Didak doesn't and we are playing against the most physical side in the comp.

Yes it would have been great to play Didak but we have a fit player ready to come in who has had enough game time during the year to be ready to go and I think he will be as a sub. This change has not got me concerned at all.

Can't wait for the game! Go Pies!

I just think Dids has been that x-factor we have need in the recent weeks. He may not be applying much physical pressure, but it's his presence that allows our structures to function properly. Big loss imo!

I just think Dids has been that x-factor we have need in the recent weeks. He may not be applying much physical pressure, but it's his presence that allows our structures to function properly. Big loss imo!
Plus he can actually kick properly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Prelim - Coll vs Sydney - Changes and Prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back