Preview Preliminary final - Hawthorn v Port Adelaide, MCG, 20 September 2014 @ 4.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give 'em a chance, they can't be here 24/7.

And for those who want them to see red, there is a report button under their posts which is far more effective than just bleating to our mods in the thread hoping they stumble upon your post (general statement directed to all rather than you specifically TH).
This! So much, this!

It's quite disappointing to stumble into this thread and find screams of "MODS!" as if that automatically summons us to a thread.

No offence guys, this isn't aimed at any particular poster, but how many times does it need to be explained that if you want to report a post , PRESS THE GODDAAMMMMN BUUTTTOOOONN!

And magically we will get to it.

excited-baby.gif

This! So much, this!

It's quite disappointing to stumble into this thread and find screams of "MODS!" as if that automatically summons us to a thread.

No offence guys, this isn't aimed at any particular poster, but how many times does it need to be explained that if you want to report a post , PRESS THE GODDAAMMMMN BUUTTTOOOONN!

excited-baby.gif
That is a cool kid!

This! So much, this!

But I thought if we said your name five times while facing a mirror you make an appearance. Like the Candyman.

Last edited:
That stat is confusing. It never seems to align with what I think is an assist. One game Rioli seemed to have 5 or 6 and ended up with 1 for the game.

An assist is a kick or handpass to a player who then scores. This much is known to most.

However, for an assist to be counted: the assisting player MUST give a clear advantage to his teammate who scores. Thus, if the scorer has to win a contested possession/contest after the pass, then an assist is not counted.

For instance, Cyril kicks it on top of Roughead's head who is in a one-on-one wrestle with Rutten. Roughead marks it and kicks the goal. This is not an assist. However, if Cyril clearly kicked it to the favoured side of Roughead in the contest and gave him an advantage, it can be counted as an assist. You may note that this presents issues depending on the person interpreting the kick and contest.

Furthermore, despite whether the kick or handpass was advantageous, I believe balls which hit the surface between the pass from the assisting player and scorer are also not counted as assists. For instance, Cyril notices a nice patch of grass behind Roughead and realizes that Roughead has greater leg speed than Rutten. Cyril kicks the ball over the top of both players, the ball bounces, Roughead runs on, collects the ball and slots the goal. This is not counted as an assist.

In short, it is in my knowledge that the assist must go directly from the assisting player to the scorer, without touching the ground, and the scoring player must have either received the ball in an uncontested situation or the assisting player must have passed it in such a way that it gave the scorer a clear advantage.

The whole footy world inc all the media have fallen in love with port and fair enough they have been good.
BUT.....!!!
Let's not forget the mental steel mind set of this hawks outfit at what they have gone through this year and losing their best mate and our best player in Buddy, this group fought hard and stood strong as a team and you can see the belief they now have in one another that I have seen since 08..
Everyone seems to forget that hawthorn is one of the best 2nd half teams in the comp and particular last quarters and if port think they can come back from a 32 point deficit againts us then they are dreaming!

Give 'em a chance, they can't be here 24/7.

And for those who want them to see red, there is a report button under their posts which is far more effective than just bleating to our mods in the thread hoping they stumble upon your post (general statement directed to all rather than you specifically TH).

Thanks MB. Pointing out we only encourage trash posts by responding to them. If we ignore them, they usually go away.

The whole footy world inc all the media have fallen in love with port and fair enough they have been good.
BUT.....!!!
Let's not forget the mental steel mind set of this hawks outfit at what they have gone through this year and losing their best mate and our best player in Buddy, this group fought hard and stood strong as a team and you can see the belief they now have in one another that I have seen since 08..
Everyone seems to forget that hawthorn is one of the best 2nd half teams in the comp and particular last quarters and if port think they can come back from a 32 point deficit againts us then they are dreaming!

The small matter of us finishing less than 2% away from the minor premiership (and no less than 3 games and 10% ahead of Port) seems to have been lost on a few.

I guess that's what you expect when your opponent have played 2 cut throat finals (albeit very impressive performances in Perth and Adelaide) since your last game...

Won't influence the result tomorrow though...

Thanks MB. Pointing out we only encourage trash posts by responding to them. If we ignore them, they usually go away.

I don't mind if you respond. Just report the post(s) and we'll deal with 'em quickly and brutally.

We have started off first quarters slowly in both the 2012 & 2013 Preliminary finals. Inaccuracy may have also played a part. We need to get off to a good start here and put Port under pressure very early, simply because we cannot afford another poor start here and the last thing we would want to do is play catch up footy against a fit side like Port as this won't win us the game tommorow.

BUT.....!!!

Because we have a tendency to kick a few goals from time to time.

It's gonna take something special to knock us off this year. If someone beats us they would have deserved it and i will tip my hat to them. In saying that I have great confidence in us winning it this year. Bring it the game can't come fast enough. The footy world are hoping for miracles. I just say to them just watch how hawthorn plays footy. Its the way football should be played.

Brutal, Tough, Exciting, fast and most of all entertaining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Staggering isn't it, most think Justice Middleton is on the take from ASADA and the AFL.
That board, or bomberblitz if you prefer, would make a very interesting sociology study. Can't say I know much about the subject myself but I suspect there's a scientific name for the phenomenon where groups of people encourage each other to express views that become gradually more extreme as they egg each other on, eventually losing touch with reality altogether.

That board, or bomberblitz if you prefer, would make a very interesting sociology study. Can't say I know much about the subject myself but I suspect there's a scientific name for the phenomenon where groups of people encourage each other to express views that become gradually more extreme as they egg each other on, eventually losing touch with reality altogether.

Unfortunately that is pretty much how the concept of reality works.

BUT.....!!!

Us supporters know how hard it will be.

Apologies if previously posted, but did anyone read Garry Lie-on article in The Beige today? This is the same guy that has crapped on for years about our weakness being an undersized backline, today's article???? Apparently we're now too BIG and will struggle against Ports small forward line.

So IF we win tomorrow (I'm superstitious, I'm not presuming anything) will his article next week be that we are back to being too SMALL for the big Swans forward line???

Seriously, it's scary when Matthew Lloyd has more footy brains and cred than you Garry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back