C Section Prem C 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

This a joke? They are in C grade and miles off promotion. More likely to get relegated next year then play finals… thats how big the gap is.

Previous coach did a wonderful job, let’s not act like they are a powerhouse club or will be any time soon. Are a d1/C grade club alongside many others.
No one suggested GE are a powerhouse club. Not bad though with 4 senior teams (3 men and 1 womens) and 2 under 19s. Very well sponsored and supported. Great effort in C grade unlike the other side that came up from D1. Also the only team outside the 4 to beat a side in the 4 during the season. So not a powerhouse but a successful season with potential for 2025.

This a joke? They are in C grade and miles off promotion. More likely to get relegated next year then play finals… thats how big the gap is.

Previous coach did a wonderful job, let’s not act like they are a powerhouse club or will be any time soon. Are a d1/C grade club alongside many others.

Absolute potential to become a powerhouse club. Which would be exciting for any candidate. This is not a club on the decline or hoping to hang onto past success- it is a club on the rise.

Go have a look at the quality of clubs up the top of the VAFA Championships/winners since this become a thing.

Then look at the form line.

It will take work and an ambitious coach to help us get there- and we will.

You might laugh at that but people laughed when we said we would become a premier club.

No talent lost from the list for next year, in fact already added to.

Off the field plenty of returning and additional support also been added.

Predictions of our demise from you lot have been spouted for years now. You were as wrong then as you are now.

Absolute potential to become a powerhouse club. Which would be exciting for any candidate. This is not a club on the decline or hoping to hang onto past success- it is a club on the rise.

Go have a look at the quality of clubs up the top of the VAFA Championships/winners since this become a thing.

You might laugh at that but people laughed when we said we would become a premier club.

Predictions of our demise from you lot have been spouted for years now. You were as wrong then as you are now.
No talent lost lol

Not buying what you are selling mate. Can chat at end of 2025 though and happy to be proven wrong.

You blokes crack me up.

As I mentioned you've both been wrong about us consistently so it doesn't really matter what you're buying, you're assessments in this area lack credibility.

It is strange to me this narrative you're pushing re Jon, I've had to defend him to you more than once and I was clearly talking about on field talent.

Jon was a great coach, no doubt about it. Seven years is a long time and it is the right time to look to the future.

I dont expect you to understand. Perhaps if your club was able to evolve you would still be in premier.

You blokes crack me up.

As I mentioned you've both been wrong about us consistently so it doesn't really matter what you're buying, you're assessments in this area lack credibility.

It is strange to me this narrative you're pushing re Jon, I've had to defend him to you more than once and I was clearly talking about on field talent.

Jon was a great coach, no doubt about it. Seven years is a long time and it is the right time to look to the future.

I dont expect you to understand. Perhaps if your club was able to evolve you would still be in premier.
Nice ouch at the end.

Perhaps like the "retrograde" step that the super coach took to take the combine from D3 to the premier divisions. That's called a sense of achievement.
Following the dissolution of the marriage between SKOB and JE after his short stint as head coach it was rumoured he was extra keen on the role at Dairy Bell but apparently the feeling wasn't mutual. Because JE wanted to continue with the craft he took what was on offer. And to his credit, he did a sterling job at the glued-together outfit. Perhaps part of the reason he has pulled the pin is he feels the club has peaked and the time is right to move on.

The view expressed by Jimmy/James that there is a treasure trove of people wanting the job really adds quite some spit and polish. A club with a treasure trove of applicants doesn't put out feelers to every Tom, Dick, and Harriet.

Whomsoever the new head coach is it's important he likes a tipple so the BF scouts can keep the board up to date on the happenings there.:thumbsupv1:

And the bit from J/J that the club could be a powerhouse is mockworthy. Consolidating in Prem 'C' was laudable but the glued-together pack was a mile off the top teams.

If the club needs someone in the promotion role J/J is the man. No one can confect and spin a story like he can.

Following the dissolution of the marriage between SKOB and JE after his short stint as head coach it was rumoured he was extra keen on the role at Dairy Bell but apparently the feeling wasn't mutual. Because JE wanted to continue with the craft he took what was on offer. And to his credit, he did a sterling job at the glued-together outfit. Perhaps part of the reason he has pulled the pin is he feels the club has peaked and the time is right to move on.

The view expressed by Jimmy/James that there is a treasure trove of people wanting the job really adds quite some spit and polish. A club with a treasure trove of applicants doesn't put out feelers to every Tom, Dick, and Harriet.

Whomsoever the new head coach is it's important he likes a tipple so the BF scouts can keep the board up to date on the happenings there.:thumbsupv1:

And the bit from J/J that the club could be a powerhouse is mockworthy. Consolidating in Prem 'C' was laudable but the glued-together pack was a mile off the top teams.

If the club needs someone in the promotion role J/J is the man. No one can confect and spin a story like he can.

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm aware of three of the candidates. Putting out feelers extensively is what a good process looks like. Even when you have strong candidates already.

No one said we would be a powerhouse as soon as next year. Simply that there is plenty to indicate we can/will become one. These days too many people think about the next 6 months instead of the next 3+ years.

If I'm forecasting for you.

2025: 4th to 6th
2026: 3rd to 5th
2027: Promotion

Why the negative spin on AMP-Balaclava-Glenhuntly- St Kilda-South Caulfield- Glen Eira-Ormond McKinnon Old Boys? They’ve done a sterling job and sound like they have put a few noses out of joint, including yours AM?

FWIW(sorry FWIW) I think Marto would be ideal, he lives locally and is probably over the high stakes of A Grade, where there are no easy kills, even in practice matches.

I for one hope they continue on their rise, however far it is.

Last edited:
Why the negative spin on AMP-Balaclava-Glenhuntly- St Kilda-South Caulfield- Glen Eira-Ormond McKinnon Old Boys? They’ve done a sterling job and sound like they have put a few noses out of joint, including yours AM?

FWIW(sorry FWIW) I think Marto would be ideal, he lives locally and is probably over the high stakes of A Grade, where there are no easy kills, even in practice matches.

I for one hope they continue on their rise, however far it is.

Not sure they will have 19s in 2025 . For all my bagging of the super coach you can’t knock his record, very hard to replace a coach like that . Also they are pumping up the facilities, really are not that good apart from the undercover area .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The referenced ‘dissolution’ between JE and SKOB occurred in 2016, by which stage Paul Satterley was a few years into his tenure as the DLS coach. Satts was lauded at the club for not only keeping a moderately talented list (by comparison to others) in ‘A’ grade but for also playing finals in 2 of his 4 years, The position was not vacant so JE could hardly have been rebuffed for a role that did not exist. When it did become vacant Jon was already a year or two into his highly successful tenure at GE.

As an aside Jon was warmly welcomed at the club for a home game lunch in Rd 18. The lunch was a reunion for the 2009 and 2010 U19 Premier teams that Jon coached to back-to-back flags. If my fading memory serves the team was undefeated across 2 seasons and knocked over a couple of very talented OX U19 teams in each of those years. His coaching record speaks for itself. He has worked wonders at GE, and I hope he enjoys whatever comes next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure they will have 19s in 2025 . For all my bagging of the super coach you can’t knock his record, very hard to replace a coach like that . Also they are pumping up the facilities, really are not that good apart from the undercover area .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Incorrect on all counts

The referenced ‘dissolution’ between JE and SKOB occurred in 2016, by which stage Paul Satterley was a few years into his tenure as the DLS coach. Satts was lauded at the club for not only keeping a moderately talented list (by comparison to others) in ‘A’ grade but for also playing finals in 2 of his 4 years, The position was not vacant so JE could hardly have been rebuffed for a role that did not exist. When it did become vacant Jon was already a year or two into his highly successful tenure at GE.

As an aside Jon was warmly welcomed at the club for a home game lunch in Rd 18. The lunch was a reunion for the 2009 and 2010 U19 Premier teams that Jon coached to back-to-back flags. If my fading memory serves the team was undefeated across 2 seasons and knocked over a couple of very talented OX U19 teams in each of those years. His coaching record speaks for itself. He has worked wonders at GE, and I hope he enjoys whatever comes next.
AM and GI are frequently ill-informed re GE matters.

At least Bedford normally does some research/has a few sources.

Remove this Banner Ad

C Section Prem C 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back