U19 Premier 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
17 year olds just out of under's footy already often struggle stepping up to 19's I think the gap is already too big? If you raise the age you will have more kids drop off who just can't compete at that level?

That's what the under 18 comp is for... St Bedes beauy and de la(who all seem to have super young 2's sides) can field a u20 and u18 side...

beauy have about 10 players who play 19 prem who are still u17 players and most of these players are up to the level after a few games but these are the best of the 17s who play most of rest often round out the 2s sides after the finish u17s..look for beauy to have a huge jump next season

beauy have about 10 players who play 19 prem who are still u17 players and most of these players are up to the level after a few games but these are the best of the 17s who play most of rest often round out the 2s sides after the finish u17s..look for beauy to have a huge jump next season

Interesting comments from Xavs match report about beauy ...

‘Keeping the foot on the throttle’ was the main message to come out of the main break and that was certainly the case as a woeful away outfit were falling like flies and could only run out the game with 15 fit men. Never the less, Xavs kept to disciplines and structures to ram home the advantage with a 10 goal to nil second half. Loui Denton continued his strong game and Pat Monti was gutsy diving in furiously to win first ball all day. Steve Berengo joined in the party with 3 late majors to have him sitting within striking distance of the ‘Coleman’.

i think beaumaris did well to keep the margin to 104 points as i said b4 they had 18 because they are mostly young players with 10 u17s players out due to playing u17 finals the next day . so they had to call upon 5 south players. so to think xavs played well isnt all that correct as effectivley were playing a depleted side.obviously having 15 players on the field having 3 loose backman no teams are going to score so that score board isnt that fantastic tbh

i think beaumaris did well to keep the margin to 104 points as i said b4 they had 18 because they are mostly young players with 10 u17s players out due to playing u17 finals the next day . so they had to call upon 5 south players. so to think xavs played well isnt all that correct as effectivley were playing a depleted side.obviously having 15 players on the field having 3 loose backman no teams are going to score so that score board isnt that fantastic tbh

Sounds like excuses to me! I'm sure if the ground was in a better state then Xavs would have won by more.... Age shouldn't be an issue! Look at De La and St Bedes... Pretty sure they have younger players too!

Sounds like excuses to me! I'm sure if the ground was in a better state then Xavs would have won by more.... Age shouldn't be an issue! Look at De La and St Bedes... Pretty sure they have younger players too!

Totally agree MUF!!

really dont understand why next week the top 4 sides are playing becasuse the only difference is for xavs v dela is who ever looses plays in the white shorts and its the same for beds v bernards its basiclly a waste of time and a dead rubber

really dont understand why next week the top 4 sides are playing becasuse the only difference is for xavs v dela is who ever looses plays in the white shorts and its the same for beds v bernards its basiclly a waste of time and a dead rubber

Xavs vs De La in the 19's is never a dead rubber.

I expect the ice cream machine to take care of Xavs. Could potentially beat them 3 times in 3 weeks.

terrible news coming out of the snake pit with the tragic passing of harry overman

harry was a vital part of the bernards u/19, being a part of last years premiership team, u/19 comp bnf the year before and made his senior debut last year.

a terrific player and even a better bloke, always smiling and loved a beer and some laughs with his mates.
the overman name is one of the biggest down at bernards and has hit everyone hard down at the club

will be an emotional game this week down at the pit with both senior and u/19 teams at home. hopefully all teams (including the away teams) can pay their respects in some way shape or form which i am confident will happen

R.I.P Harry Overman

Well said Barney ... My boys were saddened by the news filtering through about Harry on Tuesday night. Its very sad to hear some one being taken so young. Condolences to the family and the boys at Bernards.

terrible news coming out of the snake pit with the tragic passing of harry overman

harry was a vital part of the bernards u/19, being a part of last years premiership team, u/19 comp bnf the year before and made his senior debut last year.

a terrific player and even a better bloke, always smiling and loved a beer and some laughs with his mates.
the overman name is one of the biggest down at bernards and has hit everyone hard down at the club

will be an emotional game this week down at the pit with both senior and u/19 teams at home. hopefully all teams (including the away teams) can pay their respects in some way shape or form which i am confident will happen

R.I.P Harry Overman

Extremely sad news about the passing of what ever one says was a good man. Condolences to the Overman Family and their friends. May he Rest in Peace and the Bernards boys find some of his good spirit to come out this week and for the rest of the season and give the premiership a good shake. RIP

Tips:

Beaumaris vs Fitzroy - Beauy should be winning this easily as I'm gathering they are building to 2013, the bogans by 80

Old Scotch vs Old Melburnians - Should be a cracker of a game down at Camberwell! Could go either and I'm tipping OM's to get up by under a kick!

Uni Blacks vs St Bedes/Mentone - The Tigers to tie up 4th spot and do it in style! St Bedes by 120

St Bernards vs De La Salle - Game of the round! St Bernards will be playing for Harry Overman and with the advantage of the snake pit aswell it will be going a long way to decide the outcome... Will be close all day in a slog on a heavy track with the snowdogs getting up by 12

Old Xaverians vs Uni Blues - Blues season seems to be over but that won't stop them coming out firing against a Xavs side trying to finish off their last home game in style! Won't be the 150 point blow out like it was in round 1... I'm tipping it to be close for 3 quarters before xavs pull away to win by 30

Thoughts??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips:

Beaumaris vs Fitzroy - Beauy should be winning this easily as I'm gathering they are building to 2013, the bogans by 80

Old Scotch vs Old Melburnians - Should be a cracker of a game down at Camberwell! Could go either and I'm tipping OM's to get up by under a kick!

Uni Blacks vs St Bedes/Mentone - The Tigers to tie up 4th spot and do it in style! St Bedes by 120

St Bernards vs De La Salle - Game of the round! St Bernards will be playing for Harry Overman and with the advantage of the snake pit aswell it will be going a long way to decide the outcome... Will be close all day in a slog on a heavy track with the snowdogs getting up by 12

Old Xaverians vs Uni Blues - Blues season seems to be over but that won't stop them coming out firing against a Xavs side trying to finish off their last home game in style! Won't be the 150 point blow out like it was in round 1... I'm tipping it to be close for 3 quarters before xavs pull away to win by 30

Thoughts??

Beauy need a new coach!

What do you base this on ? the coach is nothing beauy need to review!

Mate, instead of posting crap all the time and looking like a muppet how about you tell me how he can keep his job! You lost to Fitzroy today!! Side played finals last year and will only avoid relegation due to the VAFA not forcing blacks back to div 2 this year!! Don't give me rubbish about kids either as several posters have pointed out other clubs get can make it happen!! What do Beauy need to review then? Something isn't right...

Mate, instead of posting crap all the time and looking like a muppet how about you tell me how he can keep his job! You lost to Fitzroy today!! Side played finals last year and will only avoid relegation due to the VAFA not forcing blacks back to div 2 this year!! Don't give me rubbish about kids either as several posters have pointed out other clubs get can make it happen!! What do Beauy need to review then? Something isn't right...
:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

rumors are down at dela that callum cathcart after coming back from a knee is dropped from sandy this week and playing down at dela this could be the added x factor that they need to win the flag.

Don't know where you would hear this from. Considering he actually broke his leg and isn't even registered to De La Salle, i really doubt he will be playing for them.

rumors are down at dela that callum cathcart after coming back from a knee is dropped from sandy this week and playing down at dela this could be the added x factor that they need to win the flag.
Sounds like an extreme case of wishful thinking! Cal not likely to be dropped from Dragons or play for De La!!!!
Do you think they need an x factor ?????? Xavs, Bernies and Bedes glad to hear that.......
Well done to Bernies taking the points after the tough week they had!!!!

ive been told by a very truthful source that callum has had a huge falling out with the dragons and has been giving permission from the VAFA that due to his injury and fallingout he can play finals for DELA - watch out.

ive been told by a very truthful source that callum has had a huge falling out with the dragons and has been giving permission from the VAFA that due to his injury and fallingout he can play finals for DELA - watch out.

And in breaking news the vafa have given xavs permission to play Browne, Golds and Richards :cool:

good on ya MUF all for your garbage that comes out of your mouth. And in Breaking news, charlie haley and harry haley i heard had a tussle at home, was broken up by their older brother jack and are currrently not talking to each other. 2 massive x factors of the under19 comp have bad chemistry which is seriously distracting the wider dela team and the dela community in winning another flag.

off to nic a few tellies! massive LCD comin me way with installed blue-ray!

peace

i told you that there undermanned due to the 17s playing finals and essentially having a south side ,apart from about 10 and st.bedes only have 2 under 17s that play premier so your false with your claims their boys !! i would be extremely disapointed if beauy didnt keep the coaching panel the same as you can only do so much with the cattle you have !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back