B Section Premier B 2011 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Constructive criticism is always welcomed by any umpiring group. Throwaway one-liners about how crap they are resulted in just that - it got thrown away.

OTP, I have been a fan of yours, but stick with doing the tipping ladder please. No throwaway one liners, have watched a game every week and I can honestly say there was one performace by umpires I hae seen where atfter the game you can say they did a great job. That was because you didnt notice them and they paid the obvious free kicks.

If there is an opportunity to provide constructive criticism, let us know and we can all turn up to a forum somewhere and discuss it. But no theres none.

I think the votes speak for themselves and everyone has commented on it.

You blokes need to get a grip, I'll rephrase for you…''Well done to the young lad from Oakleigh Amateur football Club on winning the medal''….

Chazz, probably just as sad that you read it! Is it me posting there on that forum or my son??? Don't assume things Chazz my friend.

If there is an opportunity to provide constructive criticism, let us know and we can all turn up to a forum somewhere and discuss it. But no theres none.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=230

Go for your life.

I have a lot of respect for most if not almost all of the guys who post here, including you. But as a mod - not as a "thin-skinned umpire" - your post was a pointless slur that contributed nothing and was deleted. If you'd said the same about a coach or a player, the same rule would apply.

Now let's get back to discussing who is doing what this weekend.

You blokes need to get a grip, I'll rephrase for you…''Well done to the young lad from Oakleigh Amateur football Club on winning the medal''….

Chazz, probably just as sad that you read it! Is it me posting there on that forum or my son??? Don't assume things Chazz my friend.

Sometimes I think its your son posting here Brian, there's a real lack of maturity and insight.

Moving on to the Semi's.

If these two finals were played 3 weeks ago, I would have tipped say Caulfield and Old Brighton. However, things change quickly in football and I would be very surprised if either of those sides won this weekend. More on matchups later.

Let's hope 2nd semi final day at Sandringham's Trevor Barker Oval isn't as windy (while it's a fine day) as it was at the 2009 C Section Grand Final. There was a 7-10 goal wind heading towards the Can Hill end of the ground, and which team (either MHSOB or Oakleigh) that would win the toss would almost certainly win the game.

MHSOB won the toss, decided to kick to the Can Hill end of the ground, and that was it. Game over.

Let's hope 2nd semi final day at Sandringham's Trevor Barker Oval isn't as windy (while it's a fine day) as it was at the 2009 C Section Grand Final. There was a 7-10 goal wind heading towards the Can Hill end of the ground, and which team (either MHSOB or Oakleigh) that would win the toss would almost certainly win the game.

MHSOB won the toss, decided to kick to the Can Hill end of the ground, and that was it. Game over.

What about last year's C Grand Final...7 goal wind to can hill end that Caulfield kicked to first, yet beauy win by a point after being 45 points to 0 down at quarter time.
If you are good enough and mentally strong, you get up and win...
So its not always the case...Caulfield need to win this week more than Skob do, otherwise they face the prospect of another straigh sets exit like '09 and/or another GF defeat like last year. They need to bury a few finals demons. Full credit to them though - no one actually thought they would be in this position this year to even challenge for the flag. So good luck!

Gee it's gone reeeeeal quiet on here one day out from Finals Footy... is it because the most vocal BF members' teams' aren't playing finals, or are those involved in September action trying to keeping a lid on it?

Who's got goss, an inside word, a hunch, anything..??!

Will Perrett and Hendra lineup to give the Brighton midfield an edge over the Snow Dogs? They were both doing running prior to the SKOB game, Hedra was flying, Perrett not so much.

Will they stop Merrington? Dicko's a strong unit and both aren't getting any quicker so that will be a huge matchup, probably from the goal square.

Has Caulfield named their big guns under BF injury clouds - Sheetz,Sinclair and their half forward? Carboni getting a jab today, but one would think if he plays it'll be from the square. Who replaces Hammond?

Has Gino's hammy come good, did Simpson recover after his big hit last weekend? Big news is Chivers has come from nowhere to put his hand up for selection - that's a huge in if so.

For mine i think Bernies are on the march and will be too good for a brighton without Perrett. Snow Dogs, who AREN'T STRUGGLING ANYMORE, by 3 goals.

SKOB look to have turned their injuries around, whilst Caulfield may not risk the remainder of their finals campaign on playing their big guns. SKOB in a close one.

Anything can happen in finals, 4 good teams who deserve to be there.

I have a sneaky suspicion that St Bernards may have spent all of their petrol tickets just to qualify for this week. Should be a great game!
OB by 12 points.

Caulfield go into the first game favorites due to their amazing season coming up fron C.
What an outstanding winter they have had to not only survive but to win a heap of games. SKOB are ready to go to A, they have done a long apprenticeship in B, SKOB in a tight one for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard on the grapevine that SKOBs are very confident of doing the double over Caulfield in both the Seniors and the early dawn game.

Caulfield's injuries have hurt and you can't replace that sort of quality and class. But saying that finals can be about something more than that and we have seen bigger shocks.

As for Sunday's game. St Bernies look the goods and are the form team going into the finals. Only query is will the wind make Merrington's influence less?

cant wait for the weekend...massive!

Ressies
ST B v OB
Caul v Ivan

Seniors
Caul v StK
ST B c OB

Me thinks its going to be a bad weekend for Brighton and Caulfield.

Looking forward to a good weekend of football with, unfortunately, some teams dreams shattered for this season.

Seniors.
First Semi Final
Old Brighton vs St Bernards

Second Semi Final
Caulfield Grammarians vs St Kevins

Reserves.
First Semi Final
Caulfield Grammarians vs Old Ivanhoe

Second Semi Final

Come on, how can Caulfield not be getting any love?
I'll stuck with them, along with St Bernards to easily beat Brighton.

Privateye - 50 West Africans Dinars on the 8s you're giving for Brighton. They're last 2 weeks have been enough for me to believe things are back on track. I think they're a monty to go up.

Sadly, I tend to agree with the school of thought that Caulfield are gone. It's been a gallant effort to come up and perform the way they have with key injuries coming at the wrong time. Will be some deep mental scars at CGS on the back of the last 3 September campaigns if they fail to notch a win in the next 8 days.

As for the weekend's matches, I'll have SKOBS into Old Ben Kenobi (OB1) into Caulfield's Ressies into OB2. Make it another 50 WADs.

Good luck to all sides on the weekend.

Privateye - 50 West Africans Dinars on the 8s you're giving for Brighton. They're last 2 weeks have been enough for me to believe things are back on track. I think they're a monty to go up.

Sadly, I tend to agree with the school of thought that Caulfield are gone. It's been a gallant effort to come up and perform the way they have with key injuries coming at the wrong time. Will be some deep mental scars at CGS on the back of the last 3 September campaigns if they fail to notch a win in the next 8 days.

As for the weekend's matches, I'll have SKOBS into Old Ben Kenobi (OB1) into Caulfield's Ressies into OB2. Make it another 50 WADs.

Good luck to all sides on the weekend.

Like your style there Uncle Mick and I saw you polled 4 votes the other night. If they win the GF they certainly will have earned the trophy.

Looking forward to a good weekend of football with, unfortunately, some teams dreams shattered for this season.

Seniors.
First Semi Final

Second Semi Final

OB
'+' very hard at the contest - love winning the stoppages but biggest advantage is their powerful kicks from behind centre that hit targets after targets

'-' very physical side with a very soft 'emotional' underbelly - if you get around and out muscle the 'Dewar management system' then this leads to an overload of the coaching box and the whole team goes on to mental overdrive. only thing that will stuff OB up is this 'pumped up' chest mentality as their 'bark is bigger than their bite'

If StB go physical on OB straight up then the game plan for OB goes out the door - they become 'bouncer' not 'planner'

STB for CC

SKOB

'+' very structured and balanced however lead up FWD's are left wanting. Backs are unaccountable and predictable with teams knowing their way out.
Hard runnning via midfield is their key domain and should be shut down at all costs

'-' lack of accountability across half back - run off them and you can easliy break into 50. Shut down Dowd and Simpson (he will play to give him a week to recover BS) they are the key as they carry the ball 2 lines and pentrate to the big FWDs. they do not like playing up the wings as they do not have leg speed, so this is an clear area to exploit.

SKOB for me though

why?

OCG to predicable.

Defend out wide then come inside (Boring!). Cover the corridor in rebounds and FWD T/O with hard running and you have clear passage to hot spot. OCG players always are on 'right' side so never turn them the other way as they will kill ya.

Plenty more info, but we can keep that later

all the best

STB & SKOB for CC

Seniors.
First Semi Final

Second Semi Final

OB
'+' very hard at the contest - love winning the stoppages but biggest advantage is their powerful kicks from behind centre that hit targets after targets

'-' very physical side with a very soft 'emotional' underbelly - if you get around and out muscle the 'Dewar management system' then this leads to an overload of the coaching box and the whole team goes on to mental overdrive. only thing that will stuff OB up is this 'pumped up' chest mentality as their 'bark is bigger than their bite'

If StB go physical on OB straight up then the game plan for OB goes out the door - they become 'bouncer' not 'planner'

STB for CC

SKOB

'+' very structured and balanced however lead up FWD's are left wanting. Backs are unaccountable and predictable with teams knowing their way out.
Hard runnning via midfield is their key domain and should be shut down at all costs

'-' lack of accountability across half back - run off them and you can easliy break into 50. Shut down Dowd and Simpson (he will play to give him a week to recover BS) they are the key as they carry the ball 2 lines and pentrate to the big FWDs. they do not like playing up the wings as they do not have leg speed, so this is an clear area to exploit.

SKOB for me though

why?

OCG to predicable.

Defend out wide then come inside (Boring!). Cover the corridor in rebounds and FWD T/O with hard running and you have clear passage to hot spot. OCG players always are on 'right' side so never turn them the other way as they will kill ya.

Plenty more info, but we can keep that later

all the best

STB & SKOB for CC

Tips:
St Kevins tomorrow.
St Bernards Sunday.

My guess is the Saturday game will be a closer result than the Sunday.

Fields win without Sinclair.
Sandringham. Put wind turbines there and Melbourne would never need coal fired electricity ever.

Well done by Caulfield, a thoroughly deserved win after a dominant year, a superb effort to go from C to A in a year.
Oh how I wish the wind wasn't 200 knots, you play all year to be served up with those conditions....

The Fields looked gone at one stage but came home to record a fine win and be not only the first team into the grand final in 2 weeks time, but the first team to be promoted to Premier. Now St Kevins have to negotiate the game regarded by most VAFA people as the hardest to win in all of VAFA football-the Premier B preliminary final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back