B Section Premier B - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, would you two please either jump in a boxing ring, or get a room, i don't care but this is insanely boring

Not me FB, the 10 month troll made an accusation about a great ammo club which when challenge could not verify in terms of who had not been paid, OTP professionally brought him to account and now he is just squealing and making immature comment and accusations.

Like me please ignore him and don't feed the Troll, he brings nothing to the thread but angst and he will go missing again.

Best thing would be for the Mods to just delete his post as he continues to bring these threads down into the gutter

Looking forward to a fantastic B Grade 2012 - strong clubs and alot of big signings coming through.

Coaching ranks evenly split, newbies and those that have begged to stay - should be interesting

Cheers

CC

Okay Carl, here is your chance at redemption, please tell us who the lots of big signings are….dont let me down!

Okay Carl, here is your chance at redemption, please tell us who the lots of big signings are….dont let me down!

No way, sworn to secrecy at this stage

hey aren't you me or me you -hey hey! - now I'm confused

I do know that Robbins has caught some BIG Fish down at Hasting's, but I'll keep that up my sleeve for the C Grade thread. His haul includes same massive names and may cause a double drop for a certain team.

Cheers

CC

No secret there! Martyn and Fletcher G.O.N.E, a few more to join them I hear, could be in strife down at Hampton.

I also hear you're old mob Beauy have a couple of Sandy boys back full-time, they will be good this year IMO. We (OH) will be good I think as will OM's and Old Brighton, who have McGuiness back I am told.

My tip for top 6
OM's
OH
OB
OI
Beauy
Oakliegh

No secret there! Martyn and Fletcher G.O.N.E, a few more to join them I hear, could be in strife down at Hampton.

I also hear you're old mob Beauy have a couple of Sandy boys back full-time, they will be good this year IMO. We (OH) will be good I think as will OM's and Old Brighton, who have McGuiness back I am told.

My tip for top 6
OM's
OH
OB
OI
Beauy
Oakliegh

st kevins????

Re St Kevin's, my stuff up, sorry about that. Ill have them top 4 then lose the finals…do they have any recruits apart from Coughlan? Max, surely Chris Scott would be the preferred twin?

Carl, how did you PM Phil when he has had a red card for a couple of weeks?

No Chance .

New coach will resign after round 3 due to work commitments;
Chairman of Selectors will drown in forward pocket of TH King;
Players threaten to mutiny unless Brad Scott is appointed coach;

:D:D

Very funny Maxie.

The mutiny might follow because they got the wrong Scott.:p:D

No Chance .

New coach will resign after round 3 due to work commitments;
Chairman of Selectors will drown in forward pocket of TH King;
Players threaten to mutiny unless Brad Scott is appointed coach;

:D:D

Hopefully Robbins hasn't got Dowds, Brick etc mobile numbers:D, could be in more strife:D:D

cheers

CC

Publications of clearances should be up last week in February:thumbsu: should make fascintating reading:rolleyes:, well for some clubs anyway:mad:

Hopefully the newbies will be able to bring some much need talent to their sides and the competition:)

Wishing all clubs the best in their recruiting pursuits for 2012:thumbsu:

Cheers

CC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My tip for top 6
OM's
OH
OB
OI
Beauy
Oakliegh

Well if that's true and the rumoured other good players moving on then the question remains: has one decision or one man brought a club to its knees more than the Robbins appointment??.

As stated when they appointed him, was not concerned with the appointment, just how they went about it. By asking for and receiving some great applicants the ego took over and they appointed Robbins the day after applications closed.

Obviously there was no due diligence performed and they just treated the applicants with total disdain by not even interviewing them and this must be the worst selection process in ammo history. The people on the selection committee must feel they have some blame to carry in regard to the situation the club is in with the playing group as it is now.

Where are they after 3 years:
> Robbins comes to Sunday training worse for wear
> Club makes him stand down mid season
> He commits to playing with the club and they make a big 'hoopla' in the media stating this only for him to walk out on them prior to season and leave them - followed by a number of other players
> Club perfoms poorly and goes to C Grade
> Rumour has it now that he has elicit the transfer of a number of their best players across to his current team further weakening the playing group at boss.

Sad situation for HR and we wish them well however end of the day it has to come back to that fateful day when they appointed him so quickly and treated others so poorly, all for the sake of getting photo's in the paper and sending a big Rasberry to the good folk at Ormond.

No wonder Uncle Mick and his 'mates' have moved on and not made supportive comments on the situation anymore as I know he was upset with it at the time.

i also believe Kid Boga is very concerned with this situation as well

Hopefully they can recruit some talent or get some U19's coming through to stop them doing the double drop.

I doubt if Robbins will be invited back to Boss Oval for awhile

Cheers

CC

Obviously there was no due diligence performed and they just treated the applicants with total disdain by not even interviewing them and this must be the worst selection process in ammo history.
CC

What due diligence would you have performed Carl and what would it have found at the time?

What due diligence would you have performed Carl and what would it have found at the time?

If I was paying someone $XXk to take over the team/ I would have made contact with persons at the previous club to get their view on the applicant e.g. playing ability, injuries, personal life e.g. stable, all good at home etc etc and their own personal thoughts.

One thing standing out to me would have been "so why is this guy keen to leave Ormond?" has there been a falling out, not good enough, caused disruption etc etc - fairly easy Q&A I would have thought.

But I suppose those things take time to complete and as the club needed to make an appointment as soon as applications closed then I suppose they were not completed - don't know, do you??

I'm sure there are guy's at Boss would have known some guys at Ormond on a personal level

Hopefully Brayshaw maybe able to provide this guidance, when he is around!

all the best

Cheers

CC

Well, well.... you go away for a couple of months and what do you know...? Not much changes - except CC has deepened further into the mire by snitching on other posters. Can't say I'm surprised.

Let's clear a few things, shall we?
The "worse for wear at a Sunday training session" is fallacious at best. Standing him down even moreso.
Due diligence was done. "On a personal level" many of us know Ormond people. Research went into him and no one could have accurately predicted things would spiral the way they did. I'm not here to speculate on his personal life and frankly it's no one else's business to either. Some challenges he faced many people would struggle to deal with.
The decision for him to leave Ormond wasn't made lightly. He harboured ambitions to coach and we were keen to take him on. We gave him an offer, he went back to Ormond and they weren't prepared to make a decision in the time we'd given him to make a decision to coach our club. My understanding is it caused a division among some at Ormond that they didn't give him the nod. Some might say it worked out in their best interests.
As far as our processes, that's another clasp at straws by a certain troll to discredit the club. I'll bet he can't come up with one name that applied for the role.
As it turns out, Robbins' networking that got him to Hastings was one of our own. So, holding him accountable for the players we've lost is inaccurate - again no surprise as 'you know who' only goes on what he can see online with no reliable sources. It's an unfortunate situtation for HR, but the club is bigger than any individual (or handful of individuals in this case).
Lastly, Fletcher has not gone. He was proactive in the club implementing measures that would encourage the players to stay and followed up with meetings with these players. Unfortunately for Fletch and the club, it was to no avail, but it's a testament to his character that of the lot leaving he's arguably earnt the biggest price tag on his head, yet decided to remain true to HR.
Disappointed the banter will be taken down to the C Section thread, but such is life. Good luck to all sides in B Section for the coming season. With any luck it won't be long before my 45 aliases are back on deck to joust with forumites on the best thread in the business.

Well, well.... you go away for a couple of months and what do you know...? Not much changes - except CC has deepened further into the mire by snitching on other posters. Can't say I'm surprised.

The "worse for wear at a Sunday training session" is fallacious at best. Standing him down even moreso.
Due diligence was done. "On a personal level" many of us know Ormond people. Research went into him and no one could have accurately predicted things would spiral the way they did. I'm not here to speculate on his personal life and frankly it's no one else's business to either. Some challenges he faced many people would struggle to deal with.
The decision for him to leave Ormond wasn't made lightly. He harboured ambitions to coach and we were keen to take him on. We gave him an offer, he went back to Ormond and they weren't prepared to make a decision in the time we'd given him to make a decision to coach our club. My understanding is it caused a division among some at Ormond that they didn't give him the nod. Some might say it worked out in their best interests.
As far as our processes, that's another clasp at straws by a certain troll to discredit the club. I'll bet he can't come up with one name that applied for the role.
As it turns out, Robbins' networking that got him to Hastings was one of our own. So, holding him accountable for the players we've lost is inaccurate - again no surprise as 'you know who' only goes on what he can see online with no reliable sources. It's an unfortunate situtation for HR, but the club is bigger than any individual (or handful of individuals in this case).
Lastly, Fletcher has not gone. He was proactive in the club implementing measures that would encourage the players to stay and followed up with meetings with these players. Unfortunately for Fletch and the club, it was to no avail, but it's a testament to his character that of the lot leaving he's arguably earnt the biggest price tag on his head, yet decided to remain true to HR.
Disappointed the banter will be taken down to the C Section thread, but such is life. Good luck to all sides in B Section for the coming season. With any luck it won't be long before my 45 aliases are back on deck to joust with forumites on the best thread in the business.

Welcome back Unca. Informed and fairly put. Having posters with your genuine club based knowledge gives the board authenticity. Bedford among others as well.

A mate of mine is connected with a club down the coast. From what he tells me Pinto was more of a find for Hastings than Robbins last year.

Thanks UM for taking the time to reply.:thumbsu:

1) not snitching but if a troll wants to only post about me then Ill put him up:p
2) are you sure Robbins didn't roll up to training a bit worse for wear at one stage?:confused:
3) Ill go with all the stuff on the DD & Ormond you have posted then.:thumbsu:
4) not sure where online it tells me the players which have gone - a source from your own club told me that + 2 other great players who have left, both surnames start with same letters (not sure that they are heading to Hastings so I would only be speculating & their reasons why, but I think you know why )- but thats fine.:)

Good to see you did not object to notion that you were peeved off with the selection process to appoint 1 day after applications closed ( I know privately how PI55 you were:mad:) and how he walked out on a commitment - so basically 80% correct:)

Good on Fletch:thumbsu:

All the best

Cheers

CC

1) not snitching but if a troll wants to only post about me then Ill put him up:p
2) are you sure Robbins didn't roll up to training a bit worse for wear at one stage?:confused: 100% certain of it.
4) not sure where online it tells me the players which have gone - sources told me that - but thats fine.:) It was posted elsewhere by others before you claimed to know of it.

Good to see you did not object to notion that you were peeved off with the selection process to appoint 1 day after applications closed ( I know privately how PI55 you were:mad:) and how he walked out on a commitment - so basically 80% correct:) You may know who I am, but you certainly don't know me and don't pretend to be correct about the information you've provided. Other than him walking out on a commitment you are way off the mark.

All the best

Cheers

CC

2) are you sure Robbins didn't roll up to training a bit worse for wear at one stage?:confused: 100% certain of it.
4) not sure where online it tells me the players which have gone - sources told me that - but thats fine.:) It was posted elsewhere by others before you claimed to know of it.

Good to see you did not object to notion that you were peeved off with the selection process to appoint 1 day after applications closed ( I know privately how PI55 you were:mad:) and how he walked out on a commitment - so basically 80% correct:) You may know who I am, but you certainly don't know me and don't pretend to be correct about the information you've provided. Other than him walking out on a commitment you are way off the mark.

All the best

Cheers

CC

UM

I posted something on it #128. Can you direct me to an earlier post ANYWHERE on BF and I will stand corrected.

You stated earlier that you club wanted Robbins to make a decision before applications closed, even more sad really. Could have saved heaps of paper and time for other applicants - two I did know and posted to BB if you remember.

SO no comment on the other 2 players? - must be correct then.

You have posted before how peeved you were on the selection process so you cant deny that, but your not the only HR person to feel that way.

Cheers

CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back