B Section Premier B - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Paul McCormack got his marching orders from old brighton on Friday.

Can any one confirm this?

Very good man - would be a shame if its true....

Not a fan of McCormack's due to his coaching box fever, where his demeanor to all and sundry (including his own) is poor....HOWEVER!!

If your statement is true, which I doubt , then Robbie and some lads may have to assess their positions after they stated:

Committee members were unanimous in their decision to reappoint Paul McCormack, Ross Stewart and Adam Pirrie for the coming season.

“Macca, Roscoe and Pizza each have their own unique style, and each has done an outstanding job in 2011 “ said Jakobi.
“We had no hesitation in reappointing them. Given that they have now worked together for two consecutive years, we’re expecting to see a strong and integrated coaching program in 2012.”

I know OB boys were chuffed with the coaching drama's 2k East of their ground so Im sure they would not cause an even more embarrassing situation on Beach Rd by above announcement and then sacking or maybe a newbie is making a play, who knows.

Cheers

CC

Unbelievable news.

Lets go through the press release on previous decision and see how astonishing this turn around is for this club and lets see if any 'management' at the club will also be standing aside due to this embarrassing situatiom:

Old Brighton’s coaching panel is shaping up spectacularly well for 2012, according to president Rob Jakobi.

Committee members were unanimous in their decision to reappoint Paul McCormack, Ross Stewart and Adam Pirrie for the coming season.

“Macca, Roscoe and Pizza each have their own unique style, and each has done an outstanding job in 2011 “ said Jakobi.
We had no hesitation in reappointing them. Given that they have now worked together for two consecutive years, we’re expecting to see a strong and integrated coaching program in 2012.”

When asked about his focus for the year ahead, Macca indicated that he’ll be looking for senior players to take more responsibility for planning and decision making, both on and off the field.

Roscoe could be forgiven for taking the “ if it ain’t broke don’t fix it “ approach, but in fact that is far from the truth.
“There’s only one thing harder than getting to the top, and that’s staying there “ said Ross “ the perfectionist “ Stewart.

Adam Pirrie will focus on getting good numbers involved in the pre – season program so that his Under 19’s can be " fitter, stronger and better drilled than any other team in the competition."

Sadly Simon Williams was not available for reappointment. Punchy will seek to broaden his coaching experience elsewhere, perhaps returning to Beach Road in the future. Jakobi expects to announce Simon’s successor as Assistant Coach within a month.

Similarly, Ted Window is unable to continue as Thirds Coach primarily due to the demands of a new business venture.
“Ted has done a great job in only one year as coach “ said Jakobi, “ Ted would normally be a great loss, but fortunately we have a ready made replacement in Tom Buntz.”

The charismatic Buntz returns to Beach Road after a two year sabbatical. Tom coached the Under 19’s with great success in 2009.

Shane Young and Marcus Barber will again be available in an advisory capacity to assist all coaches. Shane and Marcus will join Jakobi on a Football Operations Sub Committee to be formed after the November 22nd Annual General Meeting.

Read into that as you will.

CC

1st night back on the track
232 players trained
100 new players
Beep tests off the charts
The ball never hit the deck.
Then I woke up.
Bring on 2012

I dream of Mrs. Leader

Have I missed something re OBFC? Why the change of coach?

It's interesting if you just hop onto the VAFA site and look under Ammo Nation. OBFC looking just a bit bi-polar between the first piece announcing the new coach, and then two paragraphs down announcing that the old coach is gearing up for an exciting season.

After speaking with a couple of guys at the races on Saturday they believe the OB merry-go-round is even more complicated.

Apparently McCormack, even though appointed as senior coach with all the hoop-la for 2012 was also looking at a higher gig at Sandringham as well, so he had eggs in both baskets. OB couldn't wait any longer so changed to williams and cut Macca loose and the Sandy gig for him they believe has now fallen over - apparently

The whole situation is a catch 22 mess as how could a coach try to go to a higher level without cutting strings with his current club whilst waiting on a response. The club can't be expected to wait around for another club to make up their mind so OB in this case has apparently made the decision for him.

The boys reckon OB will honor the payment to Macca even though he is not there next year which is honorable.

Macca now in a position that he could be out of a gig next year and then try and snag a job at higher level - good luck.

Sets a precedent for aspiring coaches and clubs in the future though.

Winner is obviously Williams

Cheers

a confused CC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, how did Ryan Semmell go up the bush last year?

They have signed him again so I guess he must have gone ok. If the rumoured figure he is getting is correct then there must be plenty of $ in bush footy. Admittedly Semmel goes ok but how a club can fork out that much for a bloke from B grade ammos who has no AFL or senior VFL experience staggers me. No slight on the player. If that’s what they are prepared to pay then good luck to him but its little wonder that money is killing some country and suburban clubs.

Hmmmmm, don't believe everything you hear CC!!!

yeah but as you and the majority of 'peepers' on the VAFA threads know, 80%-90% of what I hear and report is correct and my sources are adamant that this is the situation.

As you know I did post a few weeks ago that a coach would be dropping out (I PM'd Philmecavity Macca's name as well) but I will admit, not under these circumstances.

Have you heard differently?

Cheers

CC "source of knowledge"

They have signed him again so I guess he must have gone ok. If the rumoured figure he is getting is correct then there must be plenty of $ in bush footy. Admittedly Semmel goes ok but how a club can fork out that much for a bloke from B grade ammos who has no AFL or senior VFL experience staggers me. No slight on the player. If that’s what they are prepared to pay then good luck to him but its little wonder that money is killing some country and suburban clubs.

Cost of player is absolutely killing clubs in the bush not only that it also driving down the quality of the footy, would be nothing for a good res player in A / B's to go back to TDFL and get 400-750 per game!!

Cost of player is absolutely killing clubs in the bush not only that it also driving down the quality of the footy, would be nothing for a good res player in A / B's to go back to TDFL and get 400-750 per game!!

What a Ridiculous comment!

Yeah a b grade reserves player is going to make that cash!

Two early leaders for "The Biggest Loser" or 2012

Old Melburnians AFL Queensland Armstrong, Angus Pending 02/02/12
Old Melburnians Old Mentonians Beck, Cameron Pending 01/02/12
Old Melburnians VFL & TAC CUP Campbell, Thomas Pending 02/02/12
Old Melburnians VFL & TAC CUP Dunell, Samuel Pending 02/02/12
Old Melburnians Eastern Football League (EFL) Henley, Nathan Pending 01/02/12
Old Melburnians University Blues Nash, Jonno Pending 02/02/12
Old Melburnians Eastern Football League (EFL) Taylor, Simon Pending 01/02/12
Old Melburnians Gippsland League Young, Phillip Pending 01/02/12
Werribee Districts FC Western Region Football League (WRFL) Addamo, Nathan Denied 02/02/12 02/02/12
Werribee Districts FC Western Region Football League (WRFL) Angelini, Stefan Pending 02/02/12
Werribee Districts FC Western Region Football League (WRFL) Angelini, Tristan Pending 02/02/12
Werribee Districts FC Western Region Football League (WRFL) Clark, Jessie Pending 02/02/12
Werribee Districts FC Western Region Football League (WRFL) Elevato, Louis Denied 02/02/12 02/02/12
Werribee Districts FC Western Region Football League (WRFL) Faranda, Cajetan Pending 02/02/12
Werribee Districts FC Western Region Football League (WRFL) Klein-Breteler, Luke Pending 02/02/12
Werribee Districts FC Western Region Football League (WRFL) Laing, Dale Denied 02/02/12 02/02/12
Werribee Districts FC Ballarat Football League Mclellan, Jesse Denied 01/02/12 02/02/12
Werribee Districts FC Western Region Football League (WRFL) Mcnamara, Christopher Pending 02/02/12
Werribee Districts FC Western Region Football League (WRFL) Petro, Brent Pending 02/02/12
Werribee Districts FC Western Region Football League (WRFL) Radcliffe, Josh Pending 02/02/12
Werribee Districts FC Western Region Football League (WRFL) Scudamore, Chris Denied 02/02/12 02/02/12
Werribee Districts FC Western Region Football League (WRFL) Tausinga, Desmond Pending 02/02/12
Werribee Districts FC Western Region Football League (WRFL) Walker, Ryan Denied 02/02/12 02/02/12

Skinny Max

After speaking with a couple of guys at the races on Saturday they believe the OB merry-go-round is even more complicated.

Apparently McCormack, even though appointed as senior coach with all the hoop-la for 2012 was also looking at a higher gig at Sandringham as well, so he had eggs in both baskets. OB couldn't wait any longer so changed to williams and cut Macca loose and the Sandy gig for him they believe has now fallen over - apparently

The whole situation is a catch 22 mess as how could a coach try to go to a higher level without cutting strings with his current club whilst waiting on a response. The club can't be expected to wait around for another club to make up their mind so OB in this case has apparently made the decision for him.

The boys reckon OB will honor the payment to Macca even though he is not there next year which is honorable.

Macca now in a position that he could be out of a gig next year and then try and snag a job at higher level - good luck.

Sets a precedent for aspiring coaches and clubs in the future though.

Winner is obviously Williams

Cheers

a confused CC

I heard the same story CC. Wanted an assistant role at Dragons but missed out. Brighton players not fussed.

And what's with all the 'denied' transfer requests? What are grounds for denying a player from changing leagues?

And what's with all the 'denied' transfer requests? What are grounds for denying a player from changing leagues?

Transfers are usually denied if the player still owes the club outstanding subs or fees for jumpers/sox/shorts.

Of the Werribee list, only 2 or 3 were regular senior players. The fact they've probably been offerred cash from local clubs and may feel a need to lock in their allegiance may explain the early rash of clearances.

Nothing to get fussed about, Werribee have plenty of talent to be competitive.

Transfers are usually denied if the player still owes the club outstanding subs or fees for jumpers/sox/shorts.

Of the Werribee list, only 2 or 3 were regular senior players. The fact they've probably been offerred cash from local clubs and may feel a need to lock in their allegiance may explain the early rash of clearances.

Nothing to get fussed about, Werribee have plenty of talent to be competitive.

Fair assesment, but OM's appear to be in a little early trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back