Premier B 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vafa has put out an email about the behavior of supporters behind the goals, saying there was some bad behavior at several games.

The vafa has put out an email about the behavior of supporters behind their keyboards, saying there was some bad behavior on several forums.

Charlie Dillon from Parkdale Vultures has won the 2016 VAFA Premier B B&F award.

The top 3 vote getters were:

1. C. Dillon (Parkdale Vultures) 16
2. H. Hill (Old Brighton) 15
Tied for 3rd:
D. Bisectto (Fitzroy Reds) 14
R. Angiolella (Fitzroy Reds) 14

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beaumaris are through to the 2016 VAFA Premier B Grand Final and will play St Bedes Mentone Tigers next Saturday at Sportscover Arena.

The Sharks defeated Old Scotch 16. 13 (109) to 12. 3 (75).

Beaumaris are through to the 2016 VAFA Premier B Grand Final and will play St Bedes Mentone Tigers next Saturday at Sportscover Arena.

The Sharks defeated Old Scotch 16. 13 (109) to 12. 3 (75).

More reliable than VAFA Live Scores Jase.

Good work by you.

I'm not sure that Scotch will ever get out of B.
Finals footy requires a lot of extra courage and hardness.

I'm not sure that Scotch will ever get out of B.
Finals footy requires a lot of extra courage and hardness.
Funny you say that again (for at least the 3rd time in the past 2 weeks). Thought Scotch were harder at it, just got cut up when they turned it over.

Last edited:
Having the grand final at Sportscover Arena might favour Beaumaris, because of the wind factor and also the playing surface, which is not that flash compared to Trevor Barker Oval, Sandringham. And if it rains next Saturday, that could be an advantage to the Sharks as well.

Funny you say that again (for at least the 3rd time in the past 2 weeks). Thought Scotch were harder at it, just got cut up when they turned it over.

I'm a bit of a predictor. No they were softer. Was the difference in the end.

The VAFA instead of putting up an increase in admission prices for the finals series to pay for their representative matches and their 'holidays' in New Zealand and Ireland, could have the money better spent on the clubs in most need of financial assistance.

Oh, and getting a new scoreboard at Sportscover Arena as well. The current scoreboard which has been used since 1986 could go on the blink sooner rather than later. In fact the worst nightmare for the VAFA could be if the scores are really close next Saturday (ie scores level, 28 min in the last quarter, scoreboard goes off without warning, and there is no backup plan in place to restart the scoreboard).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The VAFA instead of putting up an increase in admission prices for the finals series to pay for their representative matches and their 'holidays' in New Zealand and Ireland, could have the money better spent on the clubs in most need of financial assistance.

Oh, and getting a new scoreboard at Sportscover Arena as well. The current scoreboard which has been used since 1986 could go on the blink sooner rather than later. In fact the worst nightmare for the VAFA could be if the scores are really close next Saturday (ie scores level, 28 min in the last quarter, scoreboard goes off without warning, and there is no backup plan in place to restart the scoreboard).

How many times has that scoreboard gone on the blink in the past 30 seasons Jase?

The weather forecast could be a big factor in teams selection on Thursday night, with showers increasing on Saturday. And that could favour Beaumaris.

The weather forecast could be a big factor in teams selection on Thursday night, with showers increasing on Saturday. And that could favour Beaumaris.

Ah yes. Sharks do like water. Nice pick up Jase.

Why Jase, do you think that would favour Beaumaris?

If it's wet as expected on Saturday, the softer surface would more suit Beaumaris because the Sharks are not as quick compared to St Bedes Mentone Tigers, who are lighting fast on dry tracks. However, don't be surprised to see two things happen on Premier B Grand Final Day:

1) The final lineup of both teams won't be known until virtually the last minute, because I would imagine both Beaumaris and St Bedes Mentone will be waiting to see just how wet it would be underfoot before bringing in the players who can adapt to the greasy surface.

2) If St Bedes Mentone win the toss, they could do what they did back in 2008 by kicking against the breeze (ie if it's a 5-6 goal wind going to the Social Club End).

If St Bedes Mentone win the toss, they could do what they did back in 2008 by kicking against the breeze (ie if it's a 5-6 goal wind going to the Social Club End).

They could also do what they did back in 2008 and bring Luke Beveridge back to coach the GF couldn't they?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back