Premier B 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At near full strength the Cardinals are quite capable of giving the finals one hell of a shake. Doubt Hedgey has seen 'em play once.

Haven't seen them at all as I ended up playing most of this year (in D1).

Probably the least educated/pure stats analysis opinion, but it's mine and I hope I'm proven correct as seeing Scotch remain in B for 2017 would be good for the soul.

Probably the least educated/pure stats analysis opinion, but it's mine and I hope I'm proven correct as seeing Scotch remain in B for 2017 would be good for the soul.

I stick with my prediction OS getting into the Big Dance.....but I share your sentiments and hope Im proven wrong.....one year in B is not enough..

Now we’ve established your opinion is based on prejudice we can progress.:)

If Beauey have all their moneyball players available and St Bedes are up and about you’d have to have them as the most likely to be there at the big dance. However if the Cardinals can get back on the park close to the team they had in the first few rounds and on a spacious ground they are quite capable of doing some damage.

Don’t fret too much Hedgey as your team is highly unlikely to be running around in the same grade as the Cardinals in the foreseeable future.:)

Don’t fret too much Hedgey as your team is highly unlikely to be running around in the same grade as the Cardinals in the foreseeable future.:)

The way we are tracking, we might have to do a Mount Lilydale or SFX and move to Clubbies to get a fair shot at a flag. Maybe we can play the Old Scotch 6ths for some silverware

The way we are tracking, we might have to do a Mount Lilydale or SFX and move to Clubbies to get a fair shot at a flag. Maybe we can play the Old Scotch 6ths for some silverware
Things can turn around reasonably quickly Hedgey.

Any truth in the rumour I think kicked off by you sometime back of Gilham returning to his old alma mater as playing coach. Perhaps bringing a Skevvy or two with him?

Things can turn around reasonably quickly Hedgey.

Any truth in the rumour I think kicked off by you sometime back of Gilham returning to his old alma mater as playing coach. Perhaps bringing a Skevvy or two with him?

No truth whatsoever. I was just poking fun at everyone's favourite BF nemesis.

Was planning to go and watch the Premier B 2nd Semi Final between Beaumaris and St Bedes Mentone Tigers.

That is, until I saw the admission prices the VAFA announced this week for the Premier B Finals Series.

Adults: $15, Concession: $8, plus cost of the Amateur Footballer: $2!

Surely it would be better to have adults at $6, Concession $4, Children under 10 free?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Was planning to go and watch the Premier B 2nd Semi Final between Beaumaris and St Bedes Mentone Tigers.

That is, until I saw the admission prices the VAFA announced this week for the Premier B Finals Series.

Adults: $15, Concession: $8, plus cost of the Amateur Footballer: $2!

Surely it would be better to have adults at $6, Concession $4, Children under 10 free?

Better for who though Jas?

HQ have to pay for their interstate and international jaunts during the year you know...

I do like how the price for Premier C and below is $12 and the price for divisions above that is $15. And also that U19 Section 2 is $12 but U19 Premier section is $10.

I'd like to see the metrics used to determine the correlation between quality of football played and the price point at which to gouge punters.

St Bedes Mentone Tigers have booked a spot in the Premier B Grand Final and also got promotion to the William Buck Premier Section for 2017, when the Tigers defeated Beaumaris 14. 8 (92) to 9. 11 (65), at Trevor Barker Oval, Sandringham.

The Tigers led by 1 point at 3/4 time, but then kicked 7.3 to 3.1 in the final quarter to win by 27 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotch got out of jail after a Monash onslaught got them a goal up with 10 minutes to play. TBO continues to be an unhappy venue for the Ashes. Brave effort but ultimately not good enough against a strong opponent.

Bad luck Les. Super run from the Blues this year.
Hoping Scotchies can get back to A. Milne a big danger.
Not much in Ammos is bigger than a B Grade Prelim with our wonderful relegation and promotion system.

You only have to read Paul Daffey's excellent book 'Local Rites', a book about a year covering local football, and especially the part about the 2000 A Section Preliminary Final between St Kevin's and Old Xaverians, to get an idea of why preliminary finals are the hardest game to be involved in-both physically and mentally.

And why is the Premier B Preliminary Final the toughest game to win in all of VAFA football?

1) A spot in the Premier B Grand Final;

2) The last chance for a club to reach the biggest stage of all in the VAFA: A Section/William Buck Premier, to play against the likes of Collegians, Old Xaverians, Old Trinity, and also be on the 96.5 Inner FM Match of the Day for 2017.

. and also be on the 96.5 Inner FM Match of the Day for 2017.

Now there is a huge incentive for promotion. I can imagine the impassioned plea from the coach at 3qtr time.

"Cmon fellas do it for me, so I get a chance to be on the wireless on 96.5 next year!"

Last edited:
Monash really impressive. Their taller players very athletic and move well. Both backlines were very good. Cards will need to life a level though to get Beauy I feel.

Monash really impressive. Their taller players very athletic and move well. Both backlines were very good. Cards will need to life a level though to get Beauy I feel.
Grover had a busy coaching weekend - Scraggers women's team on Saturday night and Ashes on Sunday.

Done a great job with the Ashes. Not easy to replace.

Now there is a huge incentive for promotion. I can imagine the impassioned plea from the coach at 3qtr time.

"Cmon fellas do it for me, so I get a chance to be on the wireless on 96.5 next year!"
Kanis sends his regards.;)

Which reminds me. Wrong thread but any truth in the story Fields chased him to coach the ones this year Scruff top? Didn't want to return to coaching but recommended Simon.

The VAFA has announced that the Premier B Preliminary Final between Beaumaris and Old Scotch will be at Sportscover Arena.

Spot on re our talls AF. Ruckman is 18 and was our best, CHB is 19 and dominated the back half of the year. Our number one ruckman didn't play with a busted thumb. Plenty to like at Monash, a plumb coaching job to be had I reckon.

Spot on re our talls AF. Ruckman is 18 and was our best, CHB is 19 and dominated the back half of the year. Our number one ruckman didn't play with a busted thumb. Plenty to like at Monash, a plumb coaching job to be had I reckon.

Note for Scotch from yesterday - put a muzzle on the mouths behind the goals. Real ordinary offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back