B Section Premier B 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauy definitely "gonski". Bernies not much better, Jones as good as he was, at 34!!! coming out of retirement, pleeeease. Having said that though, should play finals..only because those out of the 4 are "no wheresville".
Blacks for me in a canter.....
All this is quite funny really. It is only February!
I know i am missing a couple of sides below, however, for example, the jungle drums are beating for Caulfield with strong recruits and returning players, AJAX no longer have their 'jewish faith' rule which with Choco's network should strengthen a solid side, Carey have added Jaksch and have a strong U19/school leaver group, Monash were a good young group who can only improve unless hurt by uni leavers, Mazenod seem likely to benefit from the end of the development league and were a different outfit when they had access to their VFL players last year.
It will be fascinating to see how the end of the development league will play out. Certainly some will go for money, but we should also see fringe senior players playing VAFA. St Bernards in particular with quite a few on lists, may have a very different side from week to week and see quite a few VFL listed players playing. Uni Blacks had a terrible u19 side so will need to hold onto their A grade list and recruit to be as strong as suggested. They may well do this, but this early in the year i hardly think the result is a fait accompli for the blacks.

On that note, is there any 'real' news from sides other than the Snowdogs, Jaksch to OC, and a couple of people pumping up the Blacks tires?

Last edited:
I know i am missing a couple of sides below, however, for example, the jungle drums are beating for Caulfield with strong recruits and returning players, AJAX no longer have their 'jewish faith' rule which with Choco's network should strengthen a solid side, Carey have added Jaksch and have a strong U19/school leaver group, Monash were a good young group who can only improve unless hurt by uni leavers, Mazenod seem likely to benefit from the end of the development league and were a different outfit when they had access to their VFL players last year.
It will be fascinating to see how the end of the development league will play out. Certainly some will go for money, but we should also see fringe senior players playing VAFA. St Bernards in particular with quite a few on lists, may have a very different side from week to week and see quite a few VFL listed players playing. Uni Blacks had a terrible u19 side so will need to hold onto their A grade list and recruit to be as strong as suggested. They may well do this, but this early in the year i hardly think the result is a fait accompli for the blacks.

On that note, is there any 'real' news from sides other than the Snowdogs, Jaksch to OC, and a couple of people pumping up the Blacks tires?

RR, Understand all that, but the fact remains (in my opinion) UB's going down would account for both OB and OS coming up, as at the end of play last year. Bear in mind these two teams were well clear of the pack in 17. So there is a gap...The reasons you listed for assorted teams will also apply for UB's as well in their own way. So if you keep the "status quo" (the gap),and all things being equal, UB's will be well clear...

RR, Understand all that, but the fact remains (in my opinion) UB's going down would account for both OB and OS coming up, as at the end of play last year. Bear in mind these two teams were well clear of the pack in 17. So there is a gap...The reasons you listed for assorted teams will also apply for UB's as well in their own way. So if you keep the "status quo" (the gap),and all things being equal, UB's will be well clear...
That's fair enough, and a logical assertion, though my opinion is that Blacks, whilst having a good top end, were not streets ahead of OB or OS. We will never know because they didn't play each other. I'd certainly expect them to be very strong in B, but also think they need some handy recruiting as it wont come from their u19 last season. My early money would be on St Bernards, from blacks and Caulfield, with OC and Monash nipping at their heals . Time will tell. Maybe an OH or Parkdale will surprise us all.

Last edited:

That's fair enough, and a logical assertion, though my opinion is that Blacks, whilst having a good top end, were not streets ahead of OB or OS. We will never know because they didn't play each other. I'd certainly expect them to be very strong in B, but also think they need some handy recruiting as it wont come from their u19 last season. My early money would be on St Bernards, from blacks and Caulfield, with OC and Monash nipping at their heals . Time will tell. Maybe an OH or Parkdale will surprise us all.

Yep, all in the hypothetical realm at the moment. Cant bounce the ball fast enough....

Worthwhile checking clearances re Mazenod, seems as though they’ve lost those VFL players to cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worthwhile checking clearances re Mazenod, seems as though they’ve lost those VFL players to cash.

Good pick-up, two gone. Goy Lok would be the other i think,he'd be a very handy inclusion, and there may have been one other?

On that note, is there any 'real' news from sides other than the Snowdogs, Jaksch to OC, and a couple of people pumping up the Blacks tires?[/QUOTE]

Tires? Really?

Blacks smashed Xavs to the tune of 90 odd points in round 17 and had SKOB on toast in the last round. Their best was very competitive and they have never really relied on unders to feed their seniors. They will be very hard to beat.

Thank you Captain Obvious for your superlative editing work. Apparently, you have appointed yourself to the role of head honcho in the Bigfooty grammar and spelling police. You are a doyen of the web and I will take note. Before posting to this superior literary forum i will ensure my tyres do not tire, and my theirs are there.

Thank you Captain Obvious for your superlative editing work. Apparently, you have appointed yourself to the role of head honcho in the Bigfooty grammar and spelling police. You are a doyen of the web and I will take note. Before posting to this superior literary forum i will ensure my tyres do not tire, and my theirs are there.

Good to see you took the feedback on board without getting upset.

Good pick-up, two gone. Goy Lok would be the other i think,he'd be a very handy inclusion, and there may have been one other?

Quite possibly might have, they were the ones that stood out for me. Has Lok gotten another VFL Clearance for 2018?

Monash Blues are advertising for a last minute Under 19s head coaching role. Refer Coaching vacancies board for details.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea about OH losing players to coin. Can only say that they would not be the only ones.

Ashes v Old Trinity this Saturday. What are the other fixtures? Some movement on the Premier B board would be welcome...

Our mail on OH is they have not recruited too many and have lost a few. No idea if to cash.

SFL clubs (St Kilda City & Mordialloc) have been recruiting pretty heavily through VAFA clubs.

VAFA website has 10 clearances from OH to SFL.

I don't know why people do it, it is a crap league.

Nice post, Bentick would be ready for super rules also? The standard of A grade was insane last year, especially the top end, some would have been middle of the road to lower VFL teams. I can’t help but think St Bernard’s we’re lucky not to come up this year, but playing these old types is surely short term thinking?

Scotch and Brighton are in for a shock when you consider Trinity were seen as a dominant side two years ago and didn’t recruit but most of their GF teams played every week last year and they were nearly relegated.

So stay in B grade and rebuild is my advice.
Vince the VAFA is a great standard but a looong way below VFL. SKOB would be beaten by 20 + goals by any of the VFL teams I witnessed last year. Any Bernards people want to comment on the chances this year? I understand the school is still producing plenty of footballers.

Old Trinity had the wood on Monash all day last week. OT a very good unit, and great skills in the windy conditions. Was an.entertaining contest. Monash have St Mary’s Salesian this week - don’t think we have played them since 2003. Not the perfect hit out I would think, but I am assuming they will be some way off - might be wrong.

Frearson a clear contender for best surface in VAFA. Monash will have had 3 practice games on it this preseason, and it’s pristine.

See Carey landed Henry Schade. Handy bookends with him and Kristian Jaksch added.
So that means both Schade and Gorringe have left Balwyn since Eade came on board. He was the one to delist the both. Interesting to see if they try and block departures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back