Premier C 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Just stating facts. Not easy losing 4 of top 5 b&f players in a year and losing leading goal kicker in C grade last yr in Forrest in a season. Let's hope the young kids do the club proud today.
As a long time follower of premier c had forrest well off the pace in total goals last year, needless to say a big loss.

Top four sides very impressive today, obviously happy with Marcellin's efforts, 10 goal first quarter sealed the deal early on. Peninsula early season form following on from previous few years

Just stating facts. Not easy losing 4 of top 5 b&f players in a year and losing leading goal kicker in C grade last yr in Forrest in a season. Let's hope the young kids do the club proud today.

Had a look at the first half Duck and the young PEGS boys had a crack - can't fault the effort. Just didn't have the top end talent which looked the difference. Not only did you look young but short - something that I don't associate with PEGS sides. Really surprised to see the margin at the end. It looked like you guys lost a couple of your prime movers in the first quarter which couldn't have helped.

Les, you talk about humility - not much shown by a couple of your players continually having cracks at young kids when they made mistakes....clearly a better side so what's the point?? Big No.90 looks a good prospect and the overweight fella (#27?) - moves very well for a big guy.

Saw this game also. Pegs undisciplined at times but also short on talent and game plan. Tenacious effort all the same. Umpires sub par. I actually thought Colin Sylvia has returned to the east coast such was the level of fitness of one of the men In white.

Had a look at the first half Duck and the young PEGS boys had a crack - can't fault the effort. Just didn't have the top end talent which looked the difference. Not only did you look young but short - something that I don't associate with PEGS sides. Really surprised to see the margin at the end. It looked like you guys lost a couple of your prime movers in the first quarter which couldn't have helped.

Les, you talk about humility - not much shown by a couple of your players continually having cracks at young kids when they made mistakes....clearly a better side so what's the point?? Big No.90 looks a good prospect and the overweight fella (#27?) - moves very well for a big guy.

Yep there's a couple of good prospects M11. Not sure a bit of verballing ever hurt anyone??

I think the Ashes may have remembered being on the end of some talk from PEGS, particularly ressies I think, last year. No harm in it.

90 was on seniors debut and very happy with him.

PEGS' effort at contest solid all day, but I also noticed PEGS' lack of height, which made it hard for them to keep control of the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Ashes may have remembered being on the end of some talk from PEGS, particularly ressies I think, last year. No harm in it.

PEGS' effort at contest solid all day, but I also noticed PEGS' lack of height, which made it hard for them to keep control of the footy.

Didn't know that, probably explains the verbals. And, correct doesn't hurt anyone.
Really good outside run by Monash, and were able to finish off their work better than PEGS. The nuggetty onballer with the headband (#30?), like the way he goes about it as well.

Not sure why Therry keeps getting tipped against at home. Undefeated now from 21 home games since Round 2, 2013.

In terms of local footy achievements, it has to be right up there.

Being there on Saturday was fantastic. The way the crowd got right into it was amazing. CYs were a bit stiff to go down in the way they did - the match was probably reflective of the 2 finals matches in D1 last year that Willi won.

It was at the 25th minute mark of the last that the scores were level at 15.7.97. Excellent kicking by both teams in that 3 goal breeze to the creek end.

In terms of local footy achievements, it has to be right up there.

Being there on Saturday was fantastic. The way the crowd got right into it was amazing. CYs were a bit stiff to go down in the way they did - the match was probably reflective of the 2 finals matches in D1 last year that Willi won.

It was at the 25th minute mark of the last that the scores were level at 15.7.97. Excellent kicking by both teams in that 3 goal breeze to the creek end.

Very happy for you Pazza. How were the Umpires Rooms? Was there a rub down table or two provided?

PEGS had young CHF Khallouf out injured 6 ft 2. Skurrie FF out 6ft 4 out. Forrest previous competition leading goal kicker and 6 ft 2 out overseas, Flaherty working in WA indefinitely 6 ft 3 out. They had serious tall talent out. Skurrie, Flaherty, Forrest 3 200 plus gamers there out. Might explain lack of height. Thought the young kids, 15 of which were under 23 had a real crack. PEGS have also lost Livori multiple best on ground state player to work interstate and lost their best and fairest winner and captain on baller Josh Pound this year. Flaherty won't be back either due to work, played earlier games this year. Clubs lose players, however very hard to cover those losses. Having said that they pushed Therry, very unlucky against OH. Still to play Willy, Camberwell, Oakleigh, Marcellin.

PEGS had young CHF Khallouf out injured 6 ft 2. Skurrie FF out 6ft 4 out. Forrest previous competition leading goal kicker and 6 ft 2 out overseas, Flaherty working in WA indefinitely 6 ft 3 out. They had serious tall talent out. Skurrie, Flaherty, Forrest 3 200 plus gamers there out. Might explain lack of height. Thought the young kids, 15 of which were under 23 had a real crack. PEGS have also lost Livori multiple best on ground state player to work interstate and lost their best and fairest winner and captain on baller Josh Pound this year. Flaherty won't be back either due to work, played earlier games this year. Clubs lose players, however very hard to cover those losses. Having said that they pushed Therry, very unlucky against OH. Still to play Willy, Camberwell, Oakleigh, Marcellin.

And if my Aunty had a moustache, she'd be my Uncle.. With the greatest respect, Big Duck, whilst it's great to read your frankness in advising the community of PEGS trials and tribulations, the stark fact is that none of these explanations are recorded against any team in the historical results from each season.

I wish you every ounce of luck with fighting your obstacles, but forgive me if I don't shed a tear because I could regale you with the fate my Club has been dealt with in the past.

One of my favourite quotes I will alway remember from an old retired shearer who was a regular in my parent's country pub that I heard when I was 16yo - "You can only piss with the **** that you've got."

Keep trying to piss as far as you can, my friend, but if it's not long enough or strong enough, stick it back in your pants and keep building up and preparing for when you can whip it out and astound the rest of us.

Was a very well umpired game at Therry on Saturday but wasn't sure about the Lions' #28 who was red-carded.
Watched the replay, about 6mins into the second quarter. Reported for striking, the hit didn't even seem to take the wind out of the CYs player.
Has to be thrown out on Wednesday, surely.

I know nothing about Khallouf and Livori to Sydney for work is unfortunate. However, if Pound leaves for the Riddell DFL as your reigning B&F and captain, that's hardly bad luck. Further, pretty sure Skurrie, Forrest and Flaherty (whilst all great servants of PEGs) are close to, if not the wrong side of 30.

Clubs who can survive these types of "rebuilds" by investing in good young players will reaps the benefits later. No point looking at whom you don't have, focus on who you do have, and if finishing 8th with the current list can be achieved, then that may well be a win for the club.

I know nothing about Khallouf and Livori to Sydney for work is unfortunate. However, if Pound leaves for the Riddell DFL as your reigning B&F and captain, that's hardly bad luck. Further, pretty sure Skurrie, Forrest and Flaherty (whilst all great servants of PEGs) are close to, if not the wrong side of 30.

Clubs who can survive these types of "rebuilds" by investing in good young players will reaps the benefits later. No point looking at whom you don't have, focus on who you do have, and if finishing 8th with the current list can be achieved, then that may well be a win for the club.
All valid points above. Don't want to be seen to be making excuses. There may be some people from the outside of the club asking what is going wrong at PEGS. Just stating who we have lost this year, hence why we are last on the ladder. 15 or so young kids played on the weekend, the club needs to get more of the school kids wanting to play for the PEGS old boys. Club couldn't side an U 19 team this year which is a massive worry. Keep losing talent to EDFL VFL and even ST Bernard's. Unless they get more school kids coming through they will keep sliding down the grades. Club has juniors up and running, but won't see the benefits for another 6-7 years. Khallouf Skurrie Forrest and few others back might help results in coming weeks. 2s have only dropped the one game, so there is some young depth and as injuries occur in season, strong reserves team will help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier C 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back