Premier C - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know about the C grade side. A poster that 'may have been heavily involved in higher grade flags' is though... but who knows, maybe a long term mediocre C grade club is jealous of a club that has experienced sustained success

I can safely say if you poll all teams in C section and gave them a choice of staying in C or drop down 3 sections and win 3 lower grade flags, I can guarantee all clubs would stay in their current grade.

To suggest a higher grade club is jealous of lower grade premierships is just plain dumb. Sorry!

I can safely say if you poll all teams in C section and gave them a choice of staying in C or drop down 3 sections and win 3 lower grade flags, I can guarantee all clubs would stay in their current grade.

To suggest a higher grade club is jealous of lower grade premierships is just plain dumb. Sorry!

Kew didn't have this choice. They were in D3 and then won 3 flags. I'm sure they too would now be keen to stay in C Grade for as long as possible. Sorry doesn't make up for your post. It was the dumb one.

Kew didn't have this choice. They were in D3 and then won 3 flags. I'm sure they too would now be keen to stay in C Grade for as long as possible. Sorry doesn't make up for your post. It was the dumb one.

You are right mate, my apologies. I complete forgot when I was in the Nodders rooms a couple of weeks ago and overheard some of the players saying "sh1t, I wish I played 25 years ago as I would give my left testicle to play in that F Grade flag"

You are right mate, my apologies. I complete forgot when I was in the Nodders rooms a couple of weeks ago and overheard some of the players saying "sh1t, I wish I played 25 years ago as I would give my left testicle to play in that F Grade flag"

Apology accepted. Just try and lift moving forward.

Gee interesting few pages of reading, gotta love BigFooty eh...

In regards to the premiership w*nkfest that's gone on, all I'll say is that anyone who's ever been involved in a senior premiership knows how hard they are to come by. I don't expect anyone to be jealous of Kew's success, or any clubs success at any level to be fair. You chose your local club because that's the club you love, at least in the VAFA you do, success or no success. I know everyone at Kew is extremely proud of the fact that we've been able to bring the club from D3 to Premier C in such a short timeframe. Whether it's SFL div 3 all the way to A Grade VAFA, a senior flag is still a senior flag.

In regards to C grade this year, you know the actual stuff that goes on on the field, Ivanhoe's dip in form has left the door slightly ajar for Willy or Kew to make an unlikely run, especially with all three teams on similar %.

Amazing that Old Camberwell have two great weeks against the top 2 and then get belted by Marcellin to sit outright bottom, and the Monders have a great win and find themselves still in relegation, albeit only by %. Going to be a tight finish for all clubs 4th onwards I think. Top 3 are set.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does and it wasn't.
Loving the greater use of the word genius on here lately.
I great word that has become a great part of this C Grade thread.

Yes im enjoying the use of the word Genius have been called one earlier along with "Mastermind"....

Would like to see more of " Nuffy" used though....plenty of opportunities I think.

I noticed that on Saturday the Farkew team had the word "Brutal" written on their warm up tops. Quite fitting I reckon, The flogging they copped was absolutely brutal!

That's fair , the club's going much better under Simon. Oswald was not a good teacher , had a bit to do with him at Sandy Dragons and he is a very weird fellow. I would think you will go through undefeated from now till finals.

Oswald was a big mistake. However as Kerry Packer once said you only get 1 Alan Bond in your life.

Great thing is that the club moved on and appointed a real champ. A number of past players have returned in support roles or just to support and the feeling around the joint is great. Would think finals are on the cards, but with key injuries and a young group time will tell.

Old Camberwell are heading down, not sure who'll join them.

Come on Beamsy. We share love here. Not hate. Pump up...don't put down.
Things were beginning to get too nice on this forum. I needed to bring back some genuine sledging & distain. Mission accomplished! Don't think that it's only Kew that I don't like. I don't like any other team.

Beamsy, I thought you must have been from Oakleigh because you were commenting on the game v Kew. But looking back on your posts, I can see lots of posts on D1 in 2015, C in 2014, Club XVIII (South) in 2011. Shouldn't the focus of you and your fellow Ormond committeemen / supporters be on their own club and the desperate situation you are in, rather than potting other clubs (ie Marcellin, Oakleigh, Old Ivanhoe, Kew etc etc), trying to drag them down. Reflects terribly on the Ormond brand.

So
Beamsy, I thought you must have been from Oakleigh because you were commenting on the game v Kew. But looking back on your posts, I can see lots of posts on D1 in 2015, C in 2014, Club XVIII (South) in 2011. Shouldn't the focus of you and your fellow Ormond committeemen / supporters be on their own club and the desperate situation you are in, rather than potting other clubs (ie Marcellin, Oakleigh, Old Ivanhoe, Kew etc etc), trying to drag them down. Reflects terribly on the Ormond brand.[/QUOTE You must have too much time on your hands. So what club are you from , very easy to take potshots at others.

you can't pick what division you join a team in, particularly district clubs. A lot of Kew's current side joined in Division 3 including Brazzale, Henderson, Leeds, Allman, Kinsella, Waters, Balme, Brough, Delbridge etc. They weren't out to win just at a lower level but Lo and behold they did, and then they won again and again. It's special at every level for the club and community - honestly, it takes 22 plus about 200 others to get there so that's enough to be proud of.

As per usual, it's also a warzone lower in the VAFA where sides should be attempting to strengthen together to one day somehow usurp the bastards up the top. Any day of the week I would play with my mates rather than a side with a bunch of lads who collectively make up a flog horn. It's been a special few years at Kew, but just as relevantly 2016 is now a wonderful challenge for the club. Who knows what will happen. All I can say is that we all know how good it is at the top, but it is when the going gets harder that the real legends are born. We will see what mettle the young Kew lads are made of. As one of the three timers (wish they were all A grade, or VFL, or even AFL - we always want something bigger, right?), I couldn't be prouder of the club that was just about ready to fold six years ago.

But that's just me. I'm biased. As Beamsy just floated, no one likes other clubs. Always a good time to acknowledge that VAFA footy isn't too bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back