C Section Premier C - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can expect to see a lot of low scoring games on Saturday, considering how bad the weather (and the wind) would be by then.

Good post . Ormond had 7 missing from that 1st game , so that means not much.
Disappointing that the Reserves had to play a kilometre away on a sub standard ground and at the main oval NO canteen , never known that to happen anywhere.
Pennisula Pirates regularly had Seniors 5km apart. Such is life.

Sounded to me like it was a bit of tit for tat.. u had 9 well we had 7 ..

play on then..
Sorry mate , I was just probably going a bit of tit for tat when he said 9 out and I said 7 back . Have a few out for the year like everyone , hope to get a couple of others back before finals. Who will go in to the water post match at Willy this week.

Sorry mate , I was just probably going a bit of tit for tat when he said 9 out and I said 7 back . Have a few out for the year like everyone , hope to get a couple of others back before finals. Who will go in to the water post match at Willy this week.
All good..

Bugger the water.. more of an issue the coaches boxes down end up in the bay.

Hopefully some lacrosse being played next door. Always good for some biff.

Surely Ormond must be setting this up as a big chance. Would a win for Ormond spur willy on or give doubt. Going to be an interesting one.

I’m still on the wellers train. Hampton are putridd. And Marcellin haven’t names McMahon very big out..

All good..

Bugger the water.. more of an issue the coaches boxes down end up in the bay.

Hopefully some lacrosse being played next door. Always good for some biff.

Surely Ormond must be setting this up as a big chance. Would a win for Ormond spur willy on or give doubt. Going to be an interesting one.

I’m still on the wellers train. Hampton are putridd. And Marcellin haven’t names McMahon very big out..
Ajax v OI is massive as well

Round15
Camberwell
Williamstown
Ajax
Mentone
Mazenod

Good luck to all

I hope you have your thermals Bedford

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understand Bedders, I guess my point was that, that game v Ormond first time round was first time Marcellin had most to select from and show they can compete with top teams in Prem C but to have those outs and now McMahon and Robbo not named as well, McKenzie missing as a key back is huge, Kay, Bonato and Wiggins too. Missing 5 of starting back 6 makes it hard to cover. Good to have Howe but unlikely to have others back.

Good luck trying to beat Williamstown CYMS in the Grand Final after slaughtering Ormond today.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Good luck trying to beat Williamstown CYMS in the Grand Final after slaughtering Ormond today.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Great win by the Willy boys today. Neck and neck at half time with the top side flexing their muscle in the second half, a big difference between the two teams today.
Not a great look after the game either with not one Ormond player coming back to the rooms after the game, with the president making the excuse of the players were ‘cold’ and had to go home. Interested to get Bedford’s thoughts after he is always having a crack at teams for not showing their face?

Looked like a big win by Ajax also Max, anything from the game out there?
Marcellin also knocking off Mazenod was a big one. Opens it right up now.

Last edited:
What can I say , you were too good. The after match was agreed on by both Presidents , your blokes go to the beach and we had 2 go to hospital . All sorted out both Presidents I believe.

Well you never like to hear about any players going to hospital, hope everything is ok!
As a spectator it looked extremely physical out there with numerous players from both teams coming off with head knocks/blood rules.

Still would have been nice to see a few unscathed Ormond players/coaches in the rooms for at least one beer, however wasn’t to be. Until next time, maybe the first final!

A few other clubs said they came straight in and waited for over 30 mins for the Willy players to come in and a few were banged up on our side. I went in and there were at least a dozen Ormond people in there and they left and our Pres waited till 5 50 for the presentation. Can't believe I couldn't buy a Carlton Draught , that's unvictorian.

Hmmmm... interesting. Would love to know who these so called clubs are you are getting your mail from? You must have a direct line. Our after match is just like anyone else’s, allowing players enough time to shower after a muddy, cold day and make their way in before starting. They also have draught on tap, which I enjoyed out of a fresh schooner glass. You must have been at a different venue Bedford.

I was there mate , your presentation was at 5 50 pm after your lads had beached and showered . The game finished well before that and at least 3 other clubs have had a problem with the same. Just keep to yourselves , you've had a great season just like last year, enjoy and hope what you deserve.

I sense a bit of frustration here. All I will say is as mentioned before, our after matches are run the same as everybody else’s, timed to allow players to clean up, presenting awards and supplying food for players that played that day, on this occasion however there really was no rush as everyone in the room were Williamstown locals that really weren’t in a rush to get anywhere.
I’ll leave that there, good luck to you guys for the rest of year, might see you in a few weeks.

What im saying is that clubs should not have to wait till your blokes come back from the beach . Every away game we have every player in the oppo rooms , but should not have to wait. Anyhow that's your way and congrats on your season so far.

Completely understand what you are saying, however I will have to respectfully disagree with you in regards to waiting as I distinctly remember some of our players being showered and in the rooms well before some of your players were walking across the oval to head home. Great to hear however that you all get to other teams away after matches. As I have stated before, the after match function where both teams players/coaches/supporters head back into the rooms to converse is a fantastic tradition that I hope remains for a long time to come, I won’t however change my opinion that it was disappointing yesterday that Ormond’s players/coaches didn’t come back, however it’s been and gone now and we move on.

Any thoughts from anyone on the remaining 3 rounds? Very tight from 6th to 3rd. Can Ajax hold on to 4th spot? Should be a very interesting 3 weeks.

I had a drink after the game with the Willy President - of CARLTON DRAFT WHICH WAS ON TAP, and so were stubbies of the same. He didn't know why the Ormond players were absent, probably sooking. Three older (like me, 70 +) Ormond noblemen, with the Willy president, together with Umpire Josh, all of us were enjoying each other’s company.
I would have caught up with you but they said you weren’t here.
The Willy beach is a 1-minute walk from the changerooms; Willy players were in the water for no longer than 3 minutes and were back in the social rooms, showered and changed watching Ormond players heading off.
The presentation was at 5:35 and there was not one single person from Ormond in the social rooms. I left at 5:45, sooked because I didn’t win the raffle and was home at 5:50 as I had promised Madame.

Bedford, what is your Williamstown beef?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back