Old GeelongMazenodOld Geelong
1st SEMIFINAL
FREARSON OVAL, MONASH UNI
11:40am SAT 10/9
vsvs
Monash BluesOld IvanhoeMazenod
Old Ivanhoe

Last edited:
Whilst all other grades are enjoying a week off, we are playing this week thanks to ?????

How many players aren’t playing this weekend because they assumed that they would have this weekend off. We have 2.

Interesting umpires appointments this weekend.

Ormond have 9 umpires for the Friday night clash.

3 field and 4 boundary. The smallest ground gets the most umpires.

Also when was the last time Merv Monty would have umpired a C Grade reserve game.

Max “well done Merv” Leader

Whilst all other grades are enjoying a week off, we are playing this week thanks to ?????

How many players aren’t playing this weekend because they assumed that they would have this weekend off. We have 2.

Also when was the last time Merv Monty would have umpired a C Grade reserve game.

Who said it's the smallest ? 4 boundaries tonight on the so called smallest ground (preston) and none for the ressies tomorrow .

Meanwhile in B grade my club is in a 9-week period which includes 5 Saturday’s without a game. Absolutely idiotic decisions made in the off season, particularly on the back of about 7 games in two years. Hard to re-invigorate interest in local footy with that sort of scheduling.

Meanwhile in B grade my club is in a 9-week period which includes 5 Saturday’s without a game. Absolutely idiotic decisions made in the off season, particularly on the back of about 7 games in two years. Hard to re-invigorate interest in local footy with that sort of scheduling.
Caused by 2 clubs who should have just been told !

You would normally see 9 umpires for an AFL game (3 field, 4 boundary, 2 goal) but not in a VAFA match. Wonder if the VAFA is using the Ormond v Hampton Rovers game tonight to trial the 9 umpire system to be used in this year's Premier C Grand Final.

You do realise that some umps actually called in and asked about match payments for this weekend and also in 2020 when covid first struck? Wheres my $100+ for doing nothing? pfft

You do realise that some umps actually called in and asked about match payments for this weekend and also in 2020 when covid first struck? Wheres my $100+ for doing nothing? pfft
And in this INCLEMENT shite weather, why play a game on Friday night?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomorrow will be an interesting watch. With no U19s and no 3rds, will some team not expected to win grab a few guns and pull off an upset

This is true but my own view is that no club should be forced to play in a higher grade and I think it is reasonable that a club that wants to ‘earn the right’ should be allowed to do so. On the other hand I’m not sure a club should demand/dictate that they play in a lower grade, particularly when it creates an uneven fixture as has occurred in B and C grade this season.

I know you have views on Monash but in the eyes of many, Ormond had as much claim to go up as they did. From memory they knocked them off in 2021 before the season came to halt and have just beaten the raging flag favourite’s last night. Good ressies, established U19s and a junior feeder makes them the better candidate for B grade than probably any another club. There was a lot of noise coming from some (not all ) at EE Gunn pre 2021 about how good they were so the decision to decline the offer to replace Parkdale surprised some. As I understand they were one of 3 or 4 clubs given the opportunity to go up pre 2022 and again declined. A decision I support based on my first paragraph.

If there were going to impose promotion relegation based on ladder position at the end of the non 2021 season then they should apply across all grades, not just when it suits. I know a few clubs in lower grades (E’wick and Sth Melb?) chose to up and good on them but it should be exactly that – a choice.

And well done on the win last night.

Your mate's fault Mr Ford, that's why he no longer has a job. Great win by the Monder's last night, I would dearly love to see them back in Premier B or higher, fingers crossed.

Entertaining game of footy at Marcellin today. Monash looked to be holding all the aces but the home side played their hand very well, to hit the lead kicking with the wind in the last quarter. Bulldog Harris and Mac Cameron flicked the switch and Monash kicked 5 goals in 10 minutes. Much needed bye now for the Ashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back