Old GeelongMazenodOld Geelong
1st SEMIFINAL
FREARSON OVAL, MONASH UNI
11:40am SAT 10/9
vsvs
Monash BluesOld IvanhoeMazenod
Old Ivanhoe

Last edited:
Another possibility for the Grand Final is...Port Melbourne. No match in the AFLW is slated for the ground that weekend. And given the $1.25 million lights in place, it has to be in the thinking.
What about Punt Rd Oval, Richmond, home of the mighty Tigers?

Interesting day at the traditional home of the Hammerheads , even tree roots growing on the oval !
Feel for the UHS club , tough without a home ground .
Bedford can you confirm this. One of our players asked one of the umpires yesterday as to why he was not given a free kick for a particular incident, the umpire is supposed to have said to our player that the standard of our play didn’t deserve free kicks. Your number 7 (I think it was) from what im told, approached the umpire and said that was unfair and not his job to say that only pay frees if it was deserved. Or words to that effect. Our boys were talking about it after the game.

Bedford can you confirm this. One of our players asked one of the umpires yesterday as to why he was not given a free kick for a particular incident, the umpire is supposed to have said to our player that the standard of our play didn’t deserve free kicks. Your number 7 (I think it was) from what im told, approached the umpire and said that was unfair and not his job to say that only pay frees if it was deserved. Or words to that effect. Our boys were talking about it after the game.
Never heard anything about it , the umps did miss a couple of things .
No one signed off on the condition of the ground and someone could've broken something with the tree roots .

Never heard anything about it , the umps did miss a couple of things .
No one signed off on the condition of the ground and someone could've broken something with the tree roots .

You mean the might C Grade Ormond forgot to get together and do a ground report and then complain!
Who was the Ormond team manager on the day? Failed in their duty as well.
Takes two to tango ffs.

THE "BEDFORD NEEDS A TOTAL OVERHAUL" EYE

:thumbsdown::eek:
Edit: Removed offensive line - OTP

Last edited by a moderator:
You got one so "WHY WHINGE?"

Every week the opposition appears to do things wrong.

What job did you do Saturday or were you the usual Ormond behind the fence wowser?​

A little harsh I would think, he’s a volunteer who works hard from what I’ve seen and heard .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You got one so "WHY WHINGE?"

Every week the opposition appears to do things wrong.

What job did you do Saturday or were you the usual Ormond behind the fence wowser?​
Very harsh. Bedford has volunteered for many years at Ormond, seniors and juniors, both men’s and women’s. He also backs it up in cricket season with a local VSDCA club. Sure, he can come across a bit cantankerous and is certainly one eyed, but community sport could use more people like him.

I have had my ‘back and forth’ with him several times on here. Our respective clubs were sworn enemies for years and for reasons of geography still compete for players. However, you could never question his commitment to local sport.

Very harsh. Bedford has volunteered for many years at Ormond, seniors and juniors, both men’s and women’s. He also backs it up in cricket season with a local VSDCA club. Sure, he can come across a bit cantankerous and is certainly one eyed, but community sport could use more people like him.

I have had my ‘back and forth’ with him several times on here. Our respective clubs were sworn enemies for years and for reasons of geography still compete for players. However, you could never question his commitment to local sport.

I would say that the intent has nothing to do with his volunteering at Footy/Cricket. He has clearly got their opponent in the gun for some reason. Haven't had to deal with him directly but he just is so negative on bigfooty. Appears as though he/they got the team sheet by his words. Sometimes clubs have to pull someone out of the reserves so sheet delayed. As long as they got it before the game big deal. Ormond and UHF maybe didn't do a ground sheet? Both at fault if that's the case. Normally Mr B comes firing back without much thought but just maybe on this occasion he was the team manager [who knows] and responsible to do the ground sheet. Might explain his silence. Clearly asked did he have a role on Saturday?

He probably did have a role, but specifying his role will give away his identity.

bedford like all other posters is entitled to his privacy and anonymity. He can be cantankerous but so are many others on here (you should see me on a good day!).

There are some who take no big steps to preserve the distance between their online and offline identity, and leave a trail of clues that people can follow if the mood strikes them, and can meet up at games etc. Others want to remain an enigma. We know Bedford as a strong Ormond follower and volunteer, who speaks for himself and not Ormond, lets leave it at that.

The guessing game is now closed.

I would say that the intent has nothing to do with his volunteering at Footy/Cricket. He has clearly got their opponent in the gun for some reason. Haven't had to deal with him directly but he just is so negative on bigfooty. Appears as though he/they got the team sheet by his words. Sometimes clubs have to pull someone out of the reserves so sheet delayed. As long as they got it before the game big deal. Ormond and UHF maybe didn't do a ground sheet? Both at fault if that's the case. Normally Mr B comes firing back without much thought but just maybe on this occasion he was the team manager [who knows] and responsible to do the ground sheet. Might explain his silence. Clearly asked did he have a role on Saturday?
No problems with UH-VU , some great people like most clubs and are doing it tough without a home ground which makes things tough , so i was a bit over the top about the team sheet .
My issue was about the tree roots and someone from either team getting injured and hopefully it gets taken out before Rovers play there this week.
Believe me i can cop it back , but the Eye/whoever is out of line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No problems with UH-VU , some great people like most clubs and are doing it tough without a home ground which makes things tough , so i was a bit over the top about the team sheet .
My issue was about the tree roots and someone from either team getting injured and hopefully it gets taken out before Rovers play there this week.
Believe me i can cop it back , but the Eye/whoever is out of line.
Where was the tree root? Was it mentioned to anyone, this is the first time someone has said something all year.

Where was the tree root? Was it mentioned to anyone, this is the first time someone has said something all year.
It was mentioned to the Umpires and i think the Presidents spoke about it . It's on the right of the visitors coaches box about 10 and 15 metres in , 2 spots

While the 2nd Semi Final match-up is already decided (Monash Blues v Hampton Rovers), the question is who'll be playing off in the first semi final?

With two games left to play in the home & away season, here is how the ladder stands from positions 3-7:

3. Old Geelong 44 pts
4. Mazenod 44pts
5. Old Ivanhoe 40 pts
6. Parkdale Vultures 36 pts
7. Ormond 36 pts

So who do you think will get the last two places in the finals based on those teams mentioned above?

While the 2nd Semi Final match-up is already decided (Monash Blues v Hampton Rovers), the question is who'll be playing off in the first semi final?

With two games left to play in the home & away season, here is how the ladder stands from positions 3-7:

3. Old Geelong 44 pts
4. Mazenod 44pts
5. Old Ivanhoe 40 pts
7. Ormond 36 pts

So who do you think will get the last two places in the finals based on those teams mentioned above?
I reckon it’s 4 and 5 who make it Jase

I also reckon The Eye should shut for a while as it can’t see too clearly.

3. Old Geelong 44 pts
4. Mazenod 44pts
5. Old Ivanhoe 40 pts
7. Ormond 36 pts

To me it all depends who wins between OG and Mazenod this weekend.
OI will finish on 48 points, Parkdale finish on 44
OG need to win this week as I believe HR get 7 VFL players back from this weekend. Just in time for us ( thanks for that). Mazenod can finish on 52 points. OG can win this weekend but will finish on 48 points then it will come down to percentage between OI and OG.

To me it all depends who wins between OG and Mazenod this weekend.
OI will finish on 48 points, Parkdale finish on 44
OG need to win this week as I believe HR get 7 VFL players back from this weekend. Just in time for us ( thanks for that). Mazenod can finish on 52 points. OG can win this weekend but will finish on 48 points then it will come down to percentage between OI and OG.
They don't have 7 VFL players , in fact they have none . OG play Hampton in round 38 , sorry round 20 , it's been a long year

They don't have 7 VFL players , in fact they have none . OG play Hampton in round 38 , sorry round 20 , it's been a long year
We have been misinformed then which, is good to hear. It’s been a really long year and like all clubs we are suffering from injuries and the flu ( no not Covid). Some of the boys just want to get these last two weeks done. It doesn’t mean they won’t turn up to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back