A Section Premier Division 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stewart Loewe playing at Haileybury was pretty large given he was a 300+ gamer, twice AA, St Kilda Team of the Century, etc.

All Boyd has is a premiership medal and a large property portfolio.
I hear ya, but I would respond that Loewe had finished that illustrious career and, with respect, was past it as an AFL footballer (feel a bit ashamed to admit the joy I felt when he pinged his hammy early in the 2006(?) GF).

Boyd is at the peak of his physical powers which makes him such a ridiculously good prospect.

What about the old man skobbers who think the club's current success defines them? As opposed to their playing careers in C/D grade?
My post was in reference to old mates lack of respect for Boyd, mainly centred around the fact that he chose another club over his.

Three way go for Ryan Schoenmakers I'm hearing between Xavs, Scotch and OM's...
On top of Kerr and Boyd i'm also hearing SKOB looking at getting back 1 pointers in Jarryd Cachia and Tom Nicholls...

Three way go for Ryan Schoenmakers I'm hearing between Xavs, Scotch and OM's...
On top of Kerr and Boyd i'm also hearing SKOB looking at getting back 1 pointers in Jarryd Cachia and Tom Nicholls...
Does he have a connection with any of the 3 ML?
I think he's mates with Tom Downie from Scotch but not sure about the connection with OX and OM...

Interesting to look at who has the wriggle room points-wise considering some of the names being thrown around. Looking at the season just gone ranked by points average across the regular season: -

Uni Blues - 39.78 pts, 8 x 40+ pt games, 10 x 30-39 pt games, 0 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 44, Low= 33)
Old Xavs - 37.56 pts, 7 x 40+ pt games, 11 x 30-39 pt games, 0 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 41, Low= 31)
St Kevins - 33.33 pts, 2 x 40+ pt games, 13 x 30-39 pt games, 3 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 40, Low= 26)
Old Carey - 33.00 pts, 0 x 40+ pt games, 13 x 30-39 pt games, 5 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 38, Low= 24)
Collegians - 31.78 pts, 0 X 40+ pt games, 11 x 30-39 pt games, 7 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 38, Low= 27)
De La Salle - 28.56 pts, 0 x 40+ pt games, 7 x 30-39 pt games, 11 X 22-29 pt games, (High= 32, Low= 24)
Old Melb - 27.61 pts, 0 x 40+ pt games, 3 x 30-39 pt games, 15 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 31, Low= 25)
Old Trinity - 26.94 pts, 0 x 40+ pt games, 4 x 30-39 pt games, 14 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 32, Low= 24)
St Bernards - 26.72 pts, 0 x 40+ pt games, 0 x 30-39 pt games, 18 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 29, Low= 24)
Old Brighton - 26.17 pts, 0 x 40+ pt games, 0 x 30-39 pt games, 18 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 27, Low= 22)

The highest actual points score over the whole season was Uni Blue's 45 pts in the GF.
Old Brighton was a model of consistency, with 14 of 18 games being 27 points.

In case you're wondering about the two teams coming up for 2020: -

Old Scotch - 27.78 pts, 0 x 40+ pt games, 2 x 30-39 pt games, 16 22-29 pt games, (High= 30, Low= 22)
Old Caulfield - 27.00 pts, 0 x 40+ pt games, 0 x 30-29 pt games, 18 22-29 pt games,(High= 29, Low= 24)

Interesting to note in B Section that a team like Monash Blues (finished last) had a large number of 40 pt games, taken up by a multitude of 3 pointers. Monash and Carey demonstrating that just stacking up points on its own does not guarantee any kind of success.

Interesting to look at who has the wriggle room points-wise considering some of the names being thrown around. Looking at the season just gone ranked by points average across the regular season: -

Uni Blues - 39.78 pts, 8 x 40+ pt games, 10 x 30-39 pt games, 0 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 44, Low= 33)
Old Xavs - 37.56 pts, 7 x 40+ pt games, 11 x 30-39 pt games, 0 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 41, Low= 31)
St Kevins - 33.33 pts, 2 x 40+ pt games, 13 x 30-39 pt games, 3 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 40, Low= 26)
Old Carey - 33.00 pts, 0 x 40+ pt games, 13 x 30-39 pt games, 5 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 38, Low= 24)
Collegians - 31.78 pts, 0 X 40+ pt games, 11 x 30-39 pt games, 7 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 38, Low= 27)
De La Salle - 28.56 pts, 0 x 40+ pt games, 7 x 30-39 pt games, 11 X 22-29 pt games, (High= 32, Low= 24)
Old Melb - 27.61 pts, 0 x 40+ pt games, 3 x 30-39 pt games, 15 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 31, Low= 25)
Old Trinity - 26.94 pts, 0 x 40+ pt games, 4 x 30-39 pt games, 14 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 32, Low= 24)
St Bernards - 26.72 pts, 0 x 40+ pt games, 0 x 30-39 pt games, 18 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 29, Low= 24)
Old Brighton - 26.17 pts, 0 x 40+ pt games, 0 x 30-39 pt games, 18 x 22-29 pt games, (High= 27, Low= 22)

The highest actual points score over the whole season was Uni Blue's 45 pts in the GF.
Old Brighton was a model of consistency, with 14 of 18 games being 27 points.

In case you're wondering about the two teams coming up for 2020: -

Old Scotch - 27.78 pts, 0 x 40+ pt games, 2 x 30-39 pt games, 16 22-29 pt games, (High= 30, Low= 22)
Old Caulfield - 27.00 pts, 0 x 40+ pt games, 0 x 30-29 pt games, 18 22-29 pt games,(High= 29, Low= 24)

Interesting to note in B Section that a team like Monash Blues (finished last) had a large number of 40 pt games, taken up by a multitude of 3 pointers. Monash and Carey demonstrating that just stacking up points on its own does not guarantee any kind of success.

Terrific information Penski.

I think in 2020 you will see Collegians rocket up this points used per game with Armitage, Mirra and Morgan all being 6 point players.

There also doesn't seem to be a lot of points available for clubs like Xavs to go after another 2-3 ex AFL players like last season with Bewick and Hams.

It continues to be an interesting off season in the VAFA.

Terrific information Penski.

I think in 2020 you will see Collegians rocket up this points used per game with Armitage, Mirra and Morgan all being 6 point players.

There also doesn't seem to be a lot of points available for clubs like Xavs to go after another 2-3 ex AFL players like last season with Bewick and Hams.

It continues to be an interesting off season in the VAFA.

I think there will be some room for clubs Mr Olo. A combination of some existing players dropping a point and some young up and comers emerging and gaining selection will see some nice wriggle room. Expect the network to be be both broad and bandied in the coming months.
FTLOTG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all the years I've been watching VAFA footy, I've never known so many ex-AFL players coming to play in the VAFA for next year. Apart from the clubs like St Kevins, the VAFA state selectors must be thinking all their Christmases has come at once. Pity the poor representative team (ie AFL Vic Country) who now has to work out how to beat the VAFA in rep/state footy, considering the talent on display from the ex-AFL players.

In all the years I've been watching VAFA footy, I've never known so many ex-AFL players coming to play in the VAFA for next year. Apart from the clubs like St Kevins, the VAFA state selectors must be thinking all their Christmases has come at once. Pity the poor representative team (ie AFL Vic Country) who now has to work out how to beat the VAFA in rep/state footy, considering the talent on display from the ex-AFL players.

Perhaps Jase. But I would imagine the VAFA rep team would be beaten by a VAFA team of players who didn’t make themselves available by about 10 goals.
Just a hunch.

Perhaps Jase. But I would imagine the VAFA rep team would be beaten by a VAFA team of players who didn’t make themselves available by about 10 goals.
Just a hunch.
Seeing that AFL Victoria has disbanded the Community Championships, maybe it might be a good idea to play against the top two AFL Vic country leagues (Geelong FNL, GVFL) next year as a warm up to the 2021 game against AFL Vic Country.

Playing Big V footy is an honour and I haven’t heard a playing speak badly about it before and won’t into the future.

Good to hear St Kevins boys love the experience! Who wouldn't enjoy playing with high caliber players for a one off game?

Pat Kerr to SKOB.

I’m hearing whispers that Uni Blues are set to lose another Big V player on top of the departure of Josh Green back to Tasmania.

Pat Kerr to SKOB.

I’m hearing whispers that Uni Blues are set to lose another Big V player on top of the departure of Josh Green back to Tasmania.

Some fwd line for the skobbies. Cam O’Shea? I’ve heard this too. The Prince of Perth will be more than a suitable replacement for the Carrot

Some fwd line for the skobbies. Cam O’Shea? I’ve heard this too. The Prince of Perth will be more than a suitable replacement for the Carrot
Jarrad Waite is on his way out according to a respectable source. Potent nonetheless. Still interested to see who OXAFL bring in outside of their alumni, otherwise they’ll miss the 4 and probably sack the coach like they do to everyone else.

45/

Jarrad Waite is on his way out according to a respectable source. Potent nonetheless. Still interested to see who OXAFL bring in outside of their alumni, otherwise they’ll miss the 4 and probably sack the coach like they do to everyone else.

45/
There are rumours of another high profile departure from the SKOB fwd line. Whisper is he has decided on a bit of ‘sea change’. Would however appear that any losses are being more than adequately covered.

You don’t have to miss the 4 to get sacked at Xavs. Satterley had them 2nd after the H&A. Lost by a kick to the eventual premier in the 2nd semi and he still got the lemonade. In fact I reckon Hawkins and Berry got boned the season after winning a flag.

There are rumours of another high profile departure from the SKOB fwd line. Whisper is he has decided on a bit of ‘sea change’. Would however appear that any losses are being more than adequately covered.

You don’t have to miss the 4 to get sacked at Xavs. Satterley had them 2nd after the H&A. Lost by a kick to the eventual premier in the 2nd semi and he still got the lemonade. In fact I reckon Hawkins and Berry got boned the season after winning a flag.

It wouldn’t be that curly haired, mullet flowing left footer would it? That would be quite the departure, seems like the heart and soul of the place..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back