A Section Premier Section 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW this is correct and therefore he is done for the season as the GF is on the Friday (day20), extremely unlucky
Another unintended consequence of this stupid move to Friday Grand Final. I’m liking it less and less as this season drags out

Herald Sun local footy report this afternoon saying Harry Hill will miss the finals series. Includes quotes from his coach.
Sounds like he’s ok but the GF falls 1 day short of him serving out his 21 day mandatory stand down.
If the GF was on the Saturday he’d be ok.
Sad for the young man. No talk of appeals from OB

I feel sorry for him, he’s a great person, his speech after OB lost the 2022 GF was so good.

But you cannot muck around with concussion, there’s been some awful incidents this year as we all know, it’s only local footy after all.

In regards to the incident, it was eerily similar to the Michael Pisker injury, thank God it wasn’t a similar outcome.

I feel sorry for him, he’s a great person, his speech after OB lost the 2022 GF was so good.

But you cannot muck around with concussion, there’s been some awful incidents this year as we all know, it’s only local footy after all.

In regards to the incident, it was eerily similar to the Michael Pisker injury, thank God it wasn’t a similar outcome.

Speaking of Pisker, any further updates Mr Platinum on how the young bloke is going?

All good points XXXX and may well be the reality of how it plays out. But a bookie is always going to make the team who finished 3 games clear a slight favourite.
Bookies would also take into account that OB didn’t have a lot to play for in the last round and still won. An advantage for the team who plays the best footy during the year (and can rest players with niggles if required).

Also if the focus of the betting market is the results between the teams then it would seem odd to make Coll “write your own ticket” when they beat Scotch twice and haven’t lost to them in 10 years.
Only beaten at Brighton by 2 points away as well (albeit the team was in better health then)
The top 2 both by their finishing ladder positions & the bookies market are pretty reasonable as strong favourites.
While back end form across the top 5 has been quirky, with the exception of Brahton…
OX had it all to play for - couldn’t hold on when it mattered. Dirty on this outcome by all reports….
ScotchVFL hiccups V Collegians look to have cost them a top 2 finish & double chance.
While vice-versa results surely on its own has granted the Lions a finals berth. Crazy that 10 year ‘hoodoo’ over the cardinals. Would suggest both clubs go into next week with this history well in the forefront of preps !

Speaking of Pisker, any further updates Mr Platinum on how the young bloke is going?
Thanks for asking God Yeah Michael is improving, he has been moved to a rehab hospital and is able to have visitors. He will hopefully have the parts of his skull that were removed back in as soon as possible.

Let’s hope De La win next week!

Thanks for asking God Yeah Michael is improving, he has been moved to a rehab hospital and is able to have visitors. He will hopefully have the parts of his skull that were removed back in as soon as possible.

Let’s hope De La win next week!

That's great to hear, sounds like the poor bloke still has a very long way to go. Being able to have visitors would no doubt lift his spirits.

And Thanks, all at Dairy Bell are hoping we can return to Prem A with a win next weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big final round of games, with some interesting results.

I’m looking forward to seeing the finals this week.

10 years ago, funnily enough, Old Scotch lost to us in round 18, then we played them in an elimination final for the ages (genuine shootout) at Trevor Barker in which the lions won thanks to a big bag of goals from Shura Taft. I’m not sure this game will be as high scoring with the forecast looking cold, wet and very wind, but it will be a cracking game.

Another unintended consequence of this stupid move to Friday Grand Final. I’m liking it less and less as this season drags out
If the VAFA grand final was when it normally is (Sunday before AFL Grand Final) he would have even less time

The top 2 both by their finishing ladder positions & the bookies market are pretty reasonable as strong favourites.
While back end form across the top 5 has been quirky, with the exception of Brahton…
OX had it all to play for - couldn’t hold on when it mattered. Dirty on this outcome by all reports….
ScotchVFL hiccups V Collegians look to have cost them a top 2 finish & double chance.
While vice-versa results surely on its own has granted the Lions a finals berth. Crazy that 10 year ‘hoodoo’ over the cardinals. Would suggest both clubs go into next week with this history well in the forefront of preps !
I could hear the 10 year hoodoo chirping after the siren on the replay of their last clash. Surely GNatt will use that as a motivation. It’s only two weeks ago

I could hear the 10 year hoodoo chirping after the siren on the replay of their last clash. Surely GNatt will use that as a motivation. It’s only two weeks ago
I think there was a fair bit going on at the time re the home crowd and an ex Scotch lad playing down back for Collegians.
Scotch players seemed to get caught up in it given they gave away a couple of undisciplined free kicks late which prob cost them the game.
You’d think both coaches will mention the record as a way to gee their players up

I think there was a fair bit going on at the time re the home crowd and an ex Scotch lad playing down back for Collegians.
Scotch players seemed to get caught up in it given they gave away a couple of undisciplined free kicks late which prob cost them the game.
You’d think both coaches will mention the record as a way to gee their players up
The real "rub" of this re match between Coll & OS is that the previous week (1o years ago)was that Coll won. OS thought it would be smart to rest some players, had nothing to lose. In those 2 games, Shura Taft kicked a total of 15 goals!!! and Smokey Tardif ran riot off the half back line....the rest is history....

Dan Hannebery on SEN this morning tipping a Brighton vs Scotch GF.
Thinks Collegians likely making up the numbers this year
Heard his thoughts, which were really quite vanilla. The fellas on the VAFA podcast ‘For the love of the game’ were far more analytical across all finalists.
While the Tonners rightfully enter as flag favourites, the credentials of all finalists were given their “dues”.
Skev’s proven quality of consistency, OS best can roll the best, Collegians playing their bunnies since 2015, etc.
Curiously have Collegians pulled some selection surprises…perhaps premiership players (x3) re-appearing for the 1st time since earlier in 2024….as per Play HQ…

Heard his thoughts, which were really quite vanilla. The fellas on the VAFA podcast ‘For the love of the game’ were far more analytical across all finalists.
While the Tonners rightfully enter as flag favourites, the credentials of all finalists were given their “dues”.
Skev’s proven quality of consistency, OS best can roll the best, Collegians playing their bunnies since 2015, etc.
Curiously have Collegians pulled some selection surprises…perhaps premiership players (x3) re-appearing for the 1st time since earlier in 2024….as per Play HQ…
Play HQ appears to be updated again now SMP.
Alas for an hour or so there it did sound like some hastily rearranged match ups on the Scotch board might be required 😀

Remove this Banner Ad

A Section Premier Section 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back