Preview Preview and Changes vs North Melbourne. 1:10pm @ NIMBY Park, Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one where Martin shoved him off balance? That was absolutely not his fault.
That play was his fault, but I was actually talking about the time he got caught at CHB in the first half when he got the handball from Rivers and was too slow to give it back and was caught HTB too.

The one you mentioned was start of the 3rd (I'm watching the replay).

Makes one of us. Maybe get someone who knows footy to sit next to you at the next game.

Just shows how much you know about footy if you think ANB justifies is spot each week

Yes he can run but what else?

Never seen a bloke get caught with the ball as much as him

Basically a robot

Just shows how much you know about footy if you think ANB justifies is spot each week

Basically a robot
Yeah I wouldn't be taking pot shots if that's all you think ANB does. Looked lost in our defensive game style which is no surprise but he's gonna be even more valuable in this up and back attacking game of ours.

Basically a robot

Drop an email to 2021 Premiership Coach Simon Goodwin mate.

I get ANB is a whipping boy but I don't know how people can look at his past month and want him out of the team. In excellent form.

He was really good on the weekend. Loved the play where he hit JVR on the lead. (only for it to bucket down while he was having his set shot and then stop #weirdweatherwatch )

I get ANB is a whipping boy but I don't know how people can look at his past month and want him out of the team. In excellent form.
His defensive work has been exceptional. Kicking leaves a bit to be desired, but his positioning offensively and defensively is brilliant. Plenty of good scoring opportunities are coming when he's a link in the chain.

His defensive work has been exceptional. Kicking leaves a bit to be desired, but his positioning offensively and defensively is brilliant. Plenty of good scoring opportunities are coming when he's a link in the chain.
He has a couple of howlers a game but I think his disposal issues are overstated. Been a crucial link in a fair few of our scoring chains.

Like many, his disposal wont look as bad if youre not asking him to hit precision passes constantly coz we are choosing to play slow.
He's one of our only guys who can actually kick it the advantage of the forwards aswell. He weights it infront of them beautifully. As good as anyone in our team when he gets it 60 out with space infront of him which is what this new game style will give him

Yep. He’s a whipping boy for me but I get the role he plays and he is a direct beneficiary of us playing a more open game where he can maximise his biggest strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really should steamroll North, but I get the feeling we'll probably annoyingly win by 17 points or something.

In: Hibbo ???
Out: Harmes, JJ

We really should steamroll North, but I get the feeling we'll probably annoyingly win by 17 points or something.

In: Hibbo ???
Out: Harmes, JJ
I reckon North would’ve got all pumped up for the genuine possibility of a win against the Eagles.

Clarkson back or not I wouldn’t be surprised if they just fell in a heap this week after throwing everything at West Coast and still falling short.

Tomo stays. he wasnt great yesterday but surely the main reason he was subbed was there just wasnt a match up for him? We look heaps better with May and another stopper in the side to free up Lever..Smith cant do the role Tomlinson does, he's more of an interceptor.
I think they wanted some more run and speed options. Plus better than Tomo below knees.

So another three weeks it is.

Seriously though Sparrow in, JJ would be my out. I still say harmes was better than JJ. I wouldn't play Oliver against north bring him back for Carlton but if he is in bye bye harmes. I'm not sure about tomlinson. Thought he was okay and Smith does make an ideal sub. Having said that I wouldn't mind giving Smith a full game.

Unless Oliver is absolutely ready to go, don't risk him. Having said that, I can see their thinking. Getting close to finals now and we'll need him to be at his best if we're a realistic chance of repeating 2021.

Unless Oliver is absolutely ready to go, don't risk him. Having said that, I can see their thinking. Getting close to finals now and we'll need him to be at his best if we're a realistic chance of repeating 2021.
If we were going to risk Oliver we would have done it by now. If he's ready it's the perfect week to bring him in as we can limit his minutes to get him match fit. Listed as 1-2 weeks in the injury report though so looks like he's not there yet.

If we were going to risk Oliver we would have done it by now. If he's ready it's the perfect week to bring him in as we can limit his minutes to get him match fit. Listed as 1-2 weeks in the injury report though so looks like he's not there yet.
Not sure that logic holds...he may have not been assessed as match fit until now, where he's available but still on the edge based on the recent medical report.

Yeah I feel they're going to give him the Hawks/Swans games to find some form, if Port lose this week and we beat North I can't see them pushing to get him in against Carlton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back