Preview Preview and Changes vs North Melbourne. 1:10pm @ NIMBY Park, Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldnt be adverse to resting Viney for North and WC games to keep him fresh for the finals run, he steps up in big games but I think he's still carrying something.
Bring Sparrow back in if hes fit and give Hibbo a run just in case he's needed soon.

Wouldnt be adverse to resting Viney for North and WC games to keep him fresh for the finals run, he steps up in big games but I think he's still carrying something.
Bring Sparrow back in if hes fit and give Hibbo a run just in case he's needed soon.
I'd give him a week, two games would be torture and he'd probably murder someone on the first game back.

Why do people still think this needs to happen? There's a pre finals bye and then if we win week 1 there's another week off. Can't **** around with guys form too much now I'd say this week is the last week to rest guys then you gotta play them

We don't play WC again (imagine them coming to the MCG lol), i assume you mean Hawthorn? Underestimate them at your own Peril, as bad as they are they can pounce on teams that don't bring their best.

Also the prefinals bye exists for this reason

Not sure that logic holds...he may have not been assessed as match fit until now, where he's available but still on the edge based on the recent medical report.
If the doctor/physio is clearing him to play then you trust their judgment right? Gaining match fitness is a seperate issue to being over an injury. Often guys are cleared with injury but not quite match fit which is why they play VFL. North are basically a VFL side so it's an opportunity in that respect. Not really a big deal either way, the great players are worth playing at 50% match fitness on managed minutes as they can still have a big impact on a game.

Viney's shoulder pops out at least once a game. If resting him for a week would help with that I'd be all for it but I suspect it wouldn't make a difference and only surgery at the end of the year will fix it.

Viney's shoulder pops out at least once a game. If resting him for a week would help with that I'd be all for it but I suspect it wouldn't make a difference and only surgery at the end of the year will fix it.
yeh was gonna say ever since around the collingwood game, it seems every time he takes a really hard hit, he ends up holding the same shoulder, goes off for a few minutes and comes back on, guess he will be carrying that one for the rest of the season

Honestly wouldn't be opposed to AMW or Laurie in for the likes of JJ and Harmes if Spaz and Oliver aren't ready to go of course.

I'll never understand this ongoing hype around getting Hibbo back into the team.

Can’t wait to see Harrison Petty kick ten! How long has it been since one of our fowards kicked double figures?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Clarko back doesn't have the 'new coach' effect, although thankfully North are diabolical so we should be fine.

Petty to kick 6 again.

Can’t wait to see Harrison Petty kick ten! How long has it been since one of our fowards kicked double figures?
Gary Lyon was the last one to do it , and it was in a semi final vs Footscray , 1994.

And Big Benny Brown is the only recent player on our list to have kicked 10 (in another team of course lol)

Gary Lyon was the last one to do it , and it was in a semi final vs Footscray , 1994.

And Big Benny Brown is the only recent player on our list to have kicked 10 (in another team of course lol)
Flashback.

My father couldn’t go to that final in 1994, so I went with family friends.

A family of four.

A family of four Footscray supporters.

Talk about an awkward experience. Watching Lyon kick 10 but can’t really carry on too much because my ride home is sitting next to me and hating the game.

Brown to come back in. Deserves another opportunity and we can afford to experiment a little. Would form an absolutely lethal three pronged attack with JVR and HP. Just do it Goody.

View attachment 1763150
Why does he deserve a go ? He couldn't last a full game at Casey . He is cooked , done , past it . Please explain why he should be gifted a game when he clearly is not the same BBB that was running around in 2021 ?

Brown to come back in. Deserves another opportunity and we can afford to experiment a little. Would form an absolutely lethal three pronged attack with JVR and HP. Just do it Goody.

View attachment 1763150
I agree with you Balidemon infact we should trade out Grundy and use that spare cash to extend browns contract.

Why does he deserve a go ? He couldn't last a full game at Casey . He is cooked , done , past it . Please explain why he should be gifted a game when he clearly is not the same BBB that was running around in 2021 ?

I'm as guilty as anyone replying to this bloke but it's now obvious he's trolling us re Brown

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back