Preview Preview/changes v. Collingwood @ MCG - Qualifying Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
counterpoint: keep him near half back/defensive mid so he isn't doing his "duel-sided" thing near goal. Dude seems to be the casual AFL fan's Mark Waugh. kick on the other leg looks smooth so you don't notice that the results are s**t. * me, Jack Viney would be near our best opposite foot kick.
I have been pretty impressed at Viney finding his right foot the past couple of years; uses it pretty reliably. Early days he'd try a 3km turn just to get onto his left.

I am not too fussed win or lose.
I'm not sure that another week off is a good thing. It is easy to lose momentum.
And I think a small forward line in a final would be crazy. Overhead marking strength wins finals.
I wish we had Petty.

I am not too fussed win or lose.
I'm not sure that another week off is a good thing. It is easy to lose momentum.
And I think a small forward line in a final would be crazy. Overhead marking strength wins finals.
I wish we had Petty.
You would have to absolutely insane to think losing this game is anywhere near close to winning

I'm insane then.

Lyric Hwd GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

melbun is my guy. I stand with him. A win is a loss, why play a home prelim when you can go to Brisbane instead, they are statistically due for a loss at home. I will be raging after the game if we win.

melbun is my guy. I stand with him. A win is a loss, why play a home prelim when you can go to Brisbane instead, they are statistically due for a loss at home. I will be raging after the game if we win.
On a different topic, prompted by your gif:
Do you think the Collingwood defence will approach Hunter more carefully?

“It’s only a personal (view) but I don’t think he will be playing,” Peter Daicos told reporters ...
I guess that means Daicos will be playing.

On a different topic, prompted by your gif:
Do you think the Collingwood defence will approach Hunter more carefully?

Hopefully not, wouldnt mind a new avatar of another player of theirs getting run over by Lachie Headhunter.

Thats a good point actually, how good would smashing Bears at the GABBA be? And knocking out carlolton? Make it happen Dees!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found the comments about last year vs this year pretty interesting. Backed up what a lot of the board was saying last year about being stuck in our way and not enough players coming through the team.

I'd love it if we were just saving Hibbo for one last finals series but I get the feeling he's not in our plans unfortunately.
From memory he played great against the Pies midseason. I remember one play in particular he was one out with one of their forwards and he won a crucial ball. Pies have plenty of decent small/mids in their F50, I still think there is a place for him. Experience head in finals alongside Bowey and McVee. McVee gotta play on Hill. He's got the pace to go with him. Elliott would be too good for him imo. Hibberd would be a decent matchup tbh. He's still got pace and is solid in a contest. I'd bring in Hibberd and move Smith to sub.

Hibbo in to go full human blanket on De Goey. Biggest threat.
De Goey has been attending around 80% CBAs this year (most on their list). Hibbo wouldn't be playing on him – would likely be Hibberd to Elliott, McVee to Hill, Bowey to Ginnivan (last two interchangeable)

De Goey has been attending around 80% CBAs this year (most on their list). Hibbo wouldn't be playing on him – would likely be Hibberd to Elliott, McVee to Hill, Bowey to Ginnivan (last two interchangeable)

CBA’s? Sorry you’ll have to educate me on that one. Centre Bounce A??

Centre-bounce attendances (good indicator of midfield time)

Pretty sure we’ve seen Hibberd tag this type of dangerous mid/forward before, or at the very least be on the rotation of run-with players. His brand of physicality is ideal against DeGoey.

Pretty sure we’ve seen Hibberd tag this type of dangerous mid/forward before, or at the very least be on the rotation of run-with players.
He definitely has, but De Goey hasn't really been playing forward much this year (only 15 goals for the season). Has been playing much more as a pure mid. If he does drift forward, someone like Riv could go to him – if we're picking Hibbo, I imagine it'd purely be to match up with Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back