Preview Preview/changes v. Collingwood @ MCG - Qualifying Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of its purely on TV ratings and attendance then they've completed butchered this.
Not sure about this, the coll v melb game will be sold out regardless and ratings would be similar whether played thurs or fri night, i think the afl have put carl v syd on friday night to maximise that attendance / ratings. the theory higher ranked teams get more rest doesn't stack up when you consider last year it was melb (2) v syd (3) friday night and gee (1) v coll (4) saturday. i think the fixturing is about maximising attendance / ratings across the 4 finals , i couldnt imagine the decisions not being about money, which isn't necessarily an overly negative thing

Thought Laurie was ok as the sub, had some liveliness and looked much sharper coming in against tired opponents. Had a hand in at least 2 goals?
Last two weeks shown he's got a couple of tricks, and looks like he wants to be creative with his ball use, i'm really hoping he can develop and come along next year. showing enough to persist with i think

Any updates from Goody on the couch about this?

About Fritsch? Nah, nothing from Goody, but a cheer squad member on Demonland who knows the Fritsch family said he was already booked in for a check up scan today as part of the normal process so it isn't anything to worry about.

Now that the bullshit season is behind us and the real stuff starts the veils gone and it's time to dream. We beat Collingwood and we can really dream of that one day in September.

I know the 4th stat triggered a lot of nerds but you can't choose to believe it or not it's a fact. It'll be a monumental effort to win it from here but hey, why not?

Obviously we lose and the run to a flag is probably just too difficult from here.

Last two weeks shown he's got a couple of tricks, and looks like he wants to be creative with his ball use, i'm really hoping he can develop and come along next year. showing enough to persist with i think

I agree. Not a world beater by any stretch. But he's got a nice sidestep, can find just enough space in tight areas and seems to use it well.

Just enough evidence to persist with imo, although not sure if I'd want him playing finals this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Now that the bullshit season is behind us and the real stuff starts the veils gone and it's time to dream. We beat Collingwood and we can really dream of that one day in September.

I know the 4th stat triggered a lot of nerds but you can't choose to believe it or not it's a fact. It'll be a monumental effort to win it from here but hey, why not?

Obviously we lose and the run to a flag is probably just too difficult from here.
WB. While I reckon the 4th thing means nothing I do agree that this QF will just about decide one of the grand finalists. Not much between us and Collingwood going into this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WB. While I reckon the 4th thing means nothing I do agree that this QF will just about decide one of the grand finalists. Not much between us and Collingwood going into this game.
Think the 4th thing is pretty simple. You lose this you play the best team outside the 4, then travel for a prelim and then play the best team in the league in the GF. You have to win 3 in a row against top 8 sides when you were only the 4th best H/A side. Lucks fallen on our side with getting Collingwood and if we do win none of that matters as we get home prelim against a shitter team than the qualifying final.

It's probably the most important game In my lifetime as a Dees supporter outside the actual GF

Think the 4th thing is pretty simple. You lose this you play the best team outside the 4, then travel for a prelim and then play the best team in the league in the GF. You have to win 3 in a row against top 8 sides when you were only the 4th best H/A side. Lucks fallen on our side with getting Collingwood and if we do win none of that matters as we get home prelim against a shitter team than the qualifying final.

It's probably the most important game In my lifetime as a Dees supporter outside the actual GF
Yeah I'll agree 2nd place generally gives you the biggest advantage. Ironically you've always said that the winner of 2nd/3rd tends to get the easier prelim but probably not this year with Brisbane likely facing Carlton, Collingwood or us and the winner of our game likely playing Port at the G.

As an aside I was thinking about it today with all the conversations about the minor premiers not getting any meaningful advantage. Wouldn't mind a change where they get to pick who they play from 3 or 4.

Yeah I'll agree 2nd place generally gives you the biggest advantage. Ironically you've always said that the winner of 2nd/3rd tends to get the easier prelim but probably not this year with Brisbane likely facing Carlton, Collingwood or us and the winner of our game likely playing Port at the G.

As an aside I was thinking about it today with all the conversations about the minor premiers not getting any meaningful advantage. Wouldn't mind a change where they get to pick who they play from 3 or 4.
An normally they do but the way this is gonna shake out the advantage is with the winner of our game and the loser is ****ed. High high stakes

Guess the argument back would be the inequity of the draw. Port literally had an extra home game this year with gather round which they'll now get every year.

I agree. Not a world beater by any stretch. But he's got a nice sidestep, can find just enough space in tight areas and seems to use it well.

Just enough evidence to persist with imo, although not sure if I'd want him playing finals this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeh if he had another couple of games maybe, though if we did bring in Tmac, and moved Smith to sub, a forward spot might be there for Laurie or Spargo. i like the idea of having a player the opposition basically knows nothing about at this time of year, but Laurie may be too green for a final. id be 50 50 on it. no idea what spargo's form in the vfl is like

Yeh if he had another couple of games maybe, though if we did bring in Tmac, and moved Smith to sub, a forward spot might be there for Laurie or Spargo. i like the idea of having a player the opposition basically knows nothing about at this time of year, but Laurie may be too green for a final. id be 50 50 on it. no idea what spargo's form in the vfl is like

I reckon too green for a final is a bit overplayed. Most premiership teams have a kid in them who has played a handful of games plus a small handful of players who would only be fringe/run of the mill players in an average side.

I think Spargo has had a lot of chances and is very one-dimensional. If the match committee think either Laurie or Woey are best 23 then I'll back them in just the same as I would if it's a roster game. No guarantees but I think they've both shown enough to suggest they could have some good moments in a final which may make a difference.

How did everyone go getting tickets?
Got my category 1 tickets

But it cost me my spot in the line for Eric Prydz and I missed those

Bitter sweet

Got my category 1 tickets

But it cost me my spot in the line for Eric Prydz and I missed those

Bitter sweet

Unless it involves attractive gym instructors, you ain't missing much.

I reckon too green for a final is a bit overplayed. Most premiership teams have a kid in them who has played a handful of games plus a small handful of players who would only be fringe/run of the mill players in an average side.

I think Spargo has had a lot of chances and is very one-dimensional. If the match committee think either Laurie or Woey are best 23 then I'll back them in just the same as I would if it's a roster game. No guarantees but I think they've both shown enough to suggest they could have some good moments in a final which may make a difference.
Yep, no thanks to Spargo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back