Preview Preview/changes v. Collingwood @ MCG - Qualifying Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't they remove all the elimination finals as nobody wins grand finals from 4th onwards anyway?

A few posters have been saying you can't win it from 4th as well, so just have a 3 team cage match for the flag.

Thursday night is fine with me. Getting to bed 30 minutes earlier makes a world of difference at my age.

Someone on the radio this morning confirmed that the QF is Thursday night so the higher ranked team gets more rest for the SF.

Well, I'll be #OTC instead of #ATG for this one now. Just too hard to fly down for the Thursday if I want to sneak down there for other finals, and my family won't be able to make it either as my sister is performing her concert on the same night.

Give me a home prelim you bastards.

Thursday night is fine with me. Getting to bed 30 minutes earlier makes a world of difference at my age.

Someone on the radio this morning confirmed that the QF is Thursday night so the higher ranked team gets more rest for the SF.

OR because the Blues get kissed on the dick with unearned plum scheduling

Worst thing about a Thursday QF is if we lose it's gonna be a s**t Friday followed by a crap weekend.
Swings and round abouts. If we win, we can go to work acting like massive smug campaigners which would be entirely worth it.

Swings and round abouts. If we win, we can go to work acting like massive smug campaigners which would be entirely worth it.
Lid's completely off if we win. Home prelim against a possible interstate side. Would be living it up for a fortnight.

The AFL needs to explain exactly why it’s a Thursday game because this blockbuster has Friday night written all over it.

Finals shouldn’t be played on a Wednesday, Thursday or Monday. I’d even take Sunday over Thursday.

The AFL needs to explain exactly why it’s a Thursday game because this blockbuster has Friday night written all over it.

Finals shouldn’t be played on a Wednesday, Thursday or Monday. I’d even take Sunday over Thursday.
Pretty sure I read it's something to do with giving the top teams who loses a decent break for the following week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much resigned to the fact that McDonald will be coming in for Melk (can already see his opponent running off him at every opportunity). If so, Smith also drops out to sub.

Tommo has to come in for Disco, and I want Hibbo in the team for the Elliott matchup (McVee and Bowey to Hill/Ginnivan).

FB: McVee - May - Lever
HB: Rivers - Tomlinson - Salem
C: Hunter - Viney - Langdon
HF: Petracca - McDonald - Neal-Bullen
FF: Fritsch - van Rooyen - Pickett
RR: Gawn - Oliver - Brayshaw
IC: Hibberd - Chandler - Bowey - Sparrow

God this is a big game when you look at the draw.

Winner gets a home prelim against (likely) Port/GWS/St Kilda and can nearly lock in a GF birth. Loser likely has to go through Carlton and Brisbane at the Gabba.

Have to win, and honestly, I think whoever wins this game just about wins the flag.

Pretty much resigned to the fact that McDonald will be coming in for Melk (can already see his opponent running off him at every opportunity). If so, Smith also drops out to sub.

Tommo has to come in for Disco, and I want Hibbo in the team for the Elliott matchup (McVee and Bowey to Hill/Ginnivan).

FB: McVee - May - Lever
HB: Rivers - Tomlinson - Salem
C: Hunter - Viney - Langdon
HF: Petracca - McDonald - Neal-Bullen
FF: Fritsch - van Rooyen - Pickett
RR: Gawn - Oliver - Brayshaw
IC: Hibberd - Chandler - Bowey - Sparrow

Exact same side I’ve picked as well.
Tomo, TMac and Pig in.
Turner, Laurie, Melk out.
Big bodies, experienced heads.
18 premiership players (inc Hunter)
Happy to concede Smith as sub.

Strong 22 on paper. Quietly confident of a repeat dose of KB.

Lid's completely off if we win. Home prelim against a possible interstate side. Would be living it up for a fortnight.

Who would you go for if we played the Port Adelaide Power? Can't lose situation for you Toump , very nice.

God this is a big game when you look at the draw.

Winner gets a home prelim against (likely) Port/GWS/St Kilda and can nearly lock in a GF birth. Loser likely has to go through Carlton and Brisbane at the Gabba.

Have to win, and honestly, I think whoever wins this game just about wins the flag.

Dees v Lions GF is my tip and I don’t say that lightly. Best two sides in it for mine. Just.

Memory of beating Pies on KB still fresh in the mind. Now they’re without their best player in N Daicos. Moore and DeGoey still finding their feet after injury. Reckon we roll them again in similar fashion.

That downhill ski they had against Essendon on Friday night was not a good mental preparation for what they’re going to face imo. I like our scrapping win over Sydney more.

Last edited:
Dees v Lions GF is my tip and I don’t say that lightly. Best two sides in it for mine. Just.

Memory of beating Pies on KB still fresh in the mind. Now they’re without their best player in N Daicos. Moore and DeGoey still finding their feet after injury. Reckon we roll them again in similar fashion.

That downhill ski they had against Essendon on Friday night was not a good mental preparation for what they’re going to face imo. I like our scrapping win over Sydney more.
Is Moore expected to play?

In - Tomlinson, McDonald, Harmes/Jordon (Sub)
Out - Turner, Melksham, Laurie (Sub)

B: A.Tomlinson, S.May, T.Rivers

HB: J.McVee, J.Lever, C.Salem

C: L.Hunter, J.Viney, E.Langdon

HF: K.Chandler, T.McDonald, A.Neal-Bullen

F: B.Fritsch, J.van Rooyen, K.Pickett

FOLL: M.Gawn, C.Oliver, C.Petracca

I/C: J.Smith, A.Brayshaw, T.Sparrow, J.Bowey

SUB: J.Harmes/J.Jordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad