PSD pick #1 - Who will we use it on?

Remove this Banner Ad

The reason why Reimers is a good PSD candidate is that he's talented and quick. He's inconsistent in all aspects of his game though.
What's good is that there's plenty to work with. If he comes good, he's a steal. If he doesn't, there's little consequence, given that a PSD pick is a nothing pick. Like a PSD pick, Reimers can be easily disposed of by trading or delisting.

Each club gets one PSD pick right? Whilst I agree it is a nothing pick, there are better players than Reimers out there.

It make alot more sense to go for Krakouer IMO. I believe there is far more upside. Even on foot skills alone.

Krakouer would be good , I think also .... there is Mzungu who is 24 yrs old as a big chance also plus WA juniors in Keiren Butcher ( WA Captain ) and Matt Outridge , Mitch Carter . So I think West Coast have some good options !

Each club gets one PSD pick right? Whilst I agree it is a nothing pick, there are better players than Reimers out there.

It make alot more sense to go for Krakouer IMO. I believe there is far more upside. Even on foot skills alone.

I agree that A.Krakouer is a better player than Reimers, but will other clubs risk waiting till their pick in the PSD for him, especially considering how far down the PSD pecking order they'll be by the time GC have all their pre-PSD picks. It's a risk to wait, that may make someone jump early. That's why I didn't suggest A.Krakouer.
Given the compromised nature of this draft, needs, will be a higher priority than usual. A.Krakouer may go at a late ND pick. There's no guarantee that he'll slip through, as he usually would, given the unusual circumstances this year. He'd be a great addition to a contender who's willing to top up with mature quality.

A.Krakouer will be taking a sizable risk if he decides to decline a GC offer so as to try and play AFL at W.A club. He'd be best advised to take the 1st offer. There's no guarantee WC will take him either.
The Lovett situation would cast some doubts too. While not exactly the same, Krakouer does have a criminal past. Who knows how much, if any, this'll play on the mind of potential suitors.

Just don't see the point of Motlop at all.

Reimers I am coming around to, seems to be an attacking half forward we need.

It's only a pipedream - but I'd like to target someone from the 2008 draft that is potentially out of contract. Like a Rich/Pears etc(I don't know contract status). It just adds to our core group of 19-22 year olds.

You are in absolute dream land. :eek:

Geez the Andrew Krakouer idea is exciting. Seen him play a bit of WAFL recently and hes all class but he might not fit our new clean-cut image/culture? But desperate times call for desperate measures. Time to roll the dice, and he's exactly what we need.

I'd love Reimers, but even if there is a fire sale on Essendon players at the end of the year we'd probably be more likely to end up with a Jetta type, who I'm not particularly keen on. Having said that, I don't think we'd make a play for Reimers; I'm just saying he's the sort of player I'd like to have him on my team.

One way or another you'd think McKinley would have to be involved in such a trade, but McKinley on his own almost certainly would not get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love Reimers, but even if there is a fire sale on Essendon players at the end of the year we'd probably be more likely to end up with a Jetta type, who I'm not particularly keen on. Having said that, I don't think we'd make a play for Reimers; I'm just saying he's the sort of player I'd like to have him on my team.

One way or another you'd think McKinley would have to be involved in such a trade, but McKinley on his own almost certainly would not get it done.

Both players out of contract the clubs don't have much to bargain with.

Reimers is the sort we grab in the PSD.

I'm not too sure on him, he never seems like the team footballer, more of a selfish, flashy (Acker) type.

Starling from Claremont , commentators were saying should be playing AFL next year .... seeing part of the second half Starling certainly has the build and poise to play at CHB or CHF looked impressive but i have never heard him before this :confused:

How old is he?

Mature recruit?

21 yrs old , played 28 games in three years ... but to get a game in Claremont league you need to be a very good standard . Starling has a knee strapped but looked a footballer ... but never heard of him previously , I think it was Brad Wira ( U/ 18 coach ) who mentioned capable of playing on a AFL list . Not sure where Claremont are finding these players but Starling was just a great build , rookie pick I would guess ! Someone to keep an eye on if you were a recruiter . I was impressed anyway !

I think if we played it well, then we should be able to get 2 quality players.

For one, we finally have the upperhand in pressuring for a trade so we can threaten 'walkout' to give up little.

I don't know the contract situations but we should be targetting an A-grader or close enough for our pick 26 or something.
Harbrow
Franklin
Taylor
Varcoe
M.Clark
Rich

Basically it'd be ridiculous not to use this advantage which may never happen again.

Remove this Banner Ad

PSD pick #1 - Who will we use it on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back