Psd & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 3, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Well the ND is being digested by all, it is time to turn our thoughts to the PSD - Essendon, Hawthorn, Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, Port and Saints x 3 have the picks.

The Rookie Draft follows immediately after the PSD.

Who is going to get a guernsey - Ackland and Michael have already been named by Carlton and Essendon but will there be a reprieve for Keating and the other delisteds?

Input required gang.

Kingsley to Richmond maybe

If there is a another youngster we think is good enough, we will take him before Kingsley. However, you never know...

Personally, I would much prefer if we took another kid eg. Bird, Habrow, Sheringham, Adams, Eddy, Hurley.

I think this means the picks will be:

1. Carlton
2. Essendon
3. Port Adelaide
4. Hawthorn
5. Richmond
6. St.Kilda
7. Collingwood
8. St.Kilda
9. St.Kilda

My thoughts:
Carlton
No brainer as they have committed to Ackland
Essendon
Once again should be a no brainer given yesterday's announcement regarding Mal Michael.
Port Adelaide
Not real sure which way port will go. When Williams was talking about Rodan today after the draft, he sounded pretty passionate about the worth of recycled players, citing how many were in Port's Premiership team. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Hart/J.Cloke/Kellaway get a gig.
Hawthorn
Cartledge is training with Hawthorn. When the Thornton deal fell through Hawthorn were along with Richmond rumored to be expressing an interest in Joel Perry and Mal Michael. Obviously looking for a Full Back or Ruckman. Therefore could see one of Cartledge/Perry or J.Cloke as a roughy.
Richmond
Kent Kingsley :(
St.Kilda
Ross Lyon said on 3AW that due salary cap Saints would only use one pick in the PSD.Common knowledge that they want a Ruckman. Tom Roach is training with the Saints but probably hoping to be rookied. Cartledge, Keating or Bryan.
Collingwood
Also seeking a ruckman. Bryan looks most likely. Otherwise Keating or Cartledge.

St.Kilda
Ross Lyon said on 3AW that due salary cap Saints would only use one pick in the PSD.Common knowledge that they want a Ruckman. Tom Roach is training with the Saints but probably hoping to be rookied. Cartledge, Keating or Bryan.

Now I am sure that will incure a fine if that is true. Personally think that it isn't but if it was that is poor management

St.Kilda

Now I am sure that will incure a fine if that is true. Personally think that it isn't but if it was that is poor management
PSD & Rookie Draft on 12 December.

Saint Kilda have 3 spots to fill. Do they intend to have 2 vacant spots on their list?

PSD & Rookie Draft on 12 December.

Saint Kilda have 3 spots to fill. Do they intend to have 2 vacant spots on their list?

Yeah the Saints are only going to take 1 in the PSD ...... making 38 players ...... we don't have the salary cap room for anymore.

I just hope to heaven it isn't Keating.

Got a feeling Roach might be in the mix.

We've had two vacant spots for many years. Clubs are required to have between 38-40 players, so why should we get a fine?

FWIW, I think we should draft one of Bird or Eddy, but Skipworth, Bryan, Cartledge and Perry should be considered.

We've had two vacant spots for many years. Clubs are required to have between 38-40 players, so why should we get a fine?

FWIW, I think we should draft one of Bird or Eddy, but Skipworth, Bryan, Cartledge and Perry should be considered.

OK when I read the initial (earlier) post I thought it meant that you would only have 36 players on your list before rookies when you are required to have a full 38.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought there was a change brought in for the the rookie draft insomuch as the number was going to be increased.

International and Scholarship Rookies are also counted outside that number.

From the Saints point of view, if they took someone like Keating, he would require a reasonable salary. Howver, if they took two kids, they would be one lst year salary and would combined probably cost less than Keating. I hope that is how they go.

clubs can still delist players and grab a spot but it is more a salary cap thing now

richmond is not only keen on kingsley but did offer joel perry a contract a month or so ago
i think we can move richo onto the vets list and take 2 players
kingsley wouldnt get much as what can he do about it
you play afl or bugger off
and apparently 1 month ago we offered perry a 2 year deal and so did sydney as kangas only offered 1

someone asked about ben hart
yes he did nominate for draft and wasnt chosen
i would say port will take him in PSD if not kellaway

clubs can still delist players and grab a spot but it is more a salary cap thing now

richmond is not only keen on kingsley but did offer joel perry a contract a month or so ago
i think we can move richo onto the vets list and take 2 players
kingsley wouldnt get much as what can he do about it
you play afl or bugger off
and apparently 1 month ago we offered perry a 2 year deal and so did sydney as kangas only offered 1

someone asked about ben hart
yes he did nominate for draft and wasnt chosen
i would say port will take him in PSD if not kellaway
Richmond have 39 seniors and 2 rookies they can have a max of 44 for both.So what you say is right they will put someone on the main list

wernt port takeing miller in the psd, plus the roos could delist one more and take pick 3 back off port, if they dleist someone hopefully its sansbury

do you really think they would take miller and rodan? i was under the impression they were kind of competing for the same spot. but i could be very wrong. only time will tell i suppose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Psd & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back