Psd & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's one that isnt who you describe. I don't want Kingsley simply because he is a top-up for a side that is close to winning a premiership. Richmond are not. We have kids who should be playing in Kingsley's role, even though they may not score as much as Kingsley just yet.

With Stafford gone, the only reason why Kingsley would be considered is because the club does not think his forward role can be covered. If players like Hughes and Reiwoldt are up to it I would much prefer them to be given a go.

Either way I don't see Kingsley as apart of the tigers future. Terry spoke about the depth at Coburg, so perhaps Kingsley will make his worth by helping our youngsters develop in the magoos.

Here's one that isnt who you describe. I don't want Kingsley simply because he is a top-up for a side that is close to winning a premiership. Richmond are not. We have kids who should be playing in Kingsley's role, even though they may not score as much as Kingsley just yet.

If we'd just played in a prelim final and lost by a few goals, I'd be after Kingsley hammer and tongs cos he does bring 40 goals to a side. But we aren't. So I don't want him.

if you are a richmond member you would of received a book the other day with TW saying he thinks we will be in finals next year
wont win a premiership or trouble top 4 but he thinks we will be in finals
the following year he thinks we should be top 4 or giving it a serious push
so why not have kingsley if he can help us for the next 2-3 years
also if he doesnt cut it i dont mind having him at FF for coburg
it will inspire the youngsters kicking to him down there
hopefully pods ends up at coburg too

The Kangas can still pick Perry if they meet his terms (i.e. have a change of heart and are prepared to offer a 2 year deal, which is presumably unlikely). That's the Thornton scenario all over again.

As for Sydney offering him a 2 year deal: doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You can (and clubs do) draft someone in the ND on pre-agreed terms; if we had an interest in signing him for 2 years, no idea why we wouldn't have taken him with pick 79 ahead of a very speculative Jesse White.

perry is the one who didnt want to sign and i doubt he would now after feeling not wanted
thornton wasnt delisted or hadnt left the club he just said he wanted a new home
perry didnt except their offer and then was delisted and is now training elsewhere
thats a big difference

as for sydney not taking him they offered him that contract just over a month ago
they might of changed their minds as he may not be what they want now
thye might think they can grab him in PSD if they have a pick or they may think he might still be there if they want to rookie him
same for richmond with all of the above
also depends on who they picked up in ND and salary cap grabbing Everitt might have ruled them out getting him now same for richmond with polak
that may be why they have to rookie him now
and the report that the contract from rich and syd was on sen

I was wondering.

do clubs have hold on players that rain with with them for the rookie draft. eg

why can't say sydney pick up kent kingsly, or some other player where a potential rookie player is training at another club? why doens't it happen more often? why lets say can north say we will delist someone and put them on the rookie draft. why can't then say carlton then pick up that player in the rookie draft if they have a pick before north? and why doesn't it happen more?

perry is the one who didnt want to sign and i doubt he would now after feeling not wanted
thornton wasnt delisted or hadnt left the club he just said he wanted a new home
perry didnt except their offer and then was delisted and is now training elsewhere
thats a big difference

as for sydney not taking him they offered him that contract just over a month ago
thye might think they can grab him in PSD if they have a pick or they may think he might still be there if they want to rookie him
also depends on who they picked up in ND and salary cap grabbing Everitt might have ruled them out getting him now same for richmond with polak

Perry is not training elsewhere, he is still training at North. North had their players bbq on Sunday and he was there and said he was hoping to be redrafted by North. I am not saying North will pick him but you are wrong about him training elsewhere.

do clubs have hold on players that rain with with them for the rookie draft.

No.

why can't say sydney pick up kent kingsly, or some other player where a potential rookie player is training at another club? why doens't it happen more often? why lets say can north say we will delist someone and put them on the rookie draft. why can't then say carlton then pick up that player in the rookie draft if they have a pick before north? and why doesn't it happen more?

They can.

It happens all the time - last year Adelaide had a stack of potential rookies training with them, barely any of whom were left by the time Adelaide had their first selection. The likes of Jace Bode, Luke McEntee and Tom Rischbieth were taken, despite having done pre-season training with the Crows.

In terms of the recycled players, their managers probably do a ring around to see which teams might be interested in drafting them. They then go and train with that team.

No.

They can.

It happens all the time - last year Adelaide had a stack of potential rookies training with them, barely any of whom were left by the time Adelaide had their first selection. The likes of Jace Bode, Luke McEntee and Tom Rischbieth were taken, despite having done pre-season training with the Crows.

In terms of the recycled players, their managers probably do a ring around to see which teams might be interested in drafting them. They then go and train with that team.

thanks for the info. i didn't know that about adelaide.

thats a big difference
Has no choice but to sign if he enters the PSD and is selected by a club (which, by selecting him, indicates it's prepared to meet his nominated terms). Thornton didn't go so far down the path as Perry, but the potential end-point was/is identical for both. I don't know if it's likely: merely saying that all power lies with the club.

Wouldn't necessarily believe everything you hear on SEN. If Sydney offered him a contract, and he accepted it, then he would be at Sydney now. I can't rule out the possibility that Sydney offered it to him, he said 'I'll think about it' and then priorities changed and we were no longer interested; but that's just wild speculation.

Salary cap issues with Spida's signing were identical a month ago to what they are now. Even after the ND, if we still thought we were a chance (and were interested) we could have placed one of MOL or Leo Barry as outside veterans and given ourselves a PSD pick. We didn't, and we don't have a pick. It would be the biggest shock of all time if Perry fell to our pick in the rookie draft.

Richmond, however, do have a PSD pick.

if you are a richmond member you would of received a book the other day with TW saying he thinks we will be in finals next year
wont win a premiership or trouble top 4 but he thinks we will be in finals
the following year he thinks we should be top 4 or giving it a serious push
so why not have kingsley if he can help us for the next 2-3 years
also if he doesnt cut it i dont mind having him at FF for coburg
it will inspire the youngsters kicking to him down there
hopefully pods ends up at coburg too

well said. the thing to remember too is that kingsley wasnt handled very well by the cats last last year. his hammy was never quite right when he was brought into the side, and then when it had improved he was so far in the doghouse there was no way he was getting out. he played some very good footy in the VFL and did have bags of 9 in the NAB cup and 8 in round 2 when his hammy was ok. hes a good insurance policy in case of injuries to the tigers other forwards or if the kids just dont come on quickly enuff.

the most important issue in picking a side is keeping the balance between development of youngsters and still being able to achieve success. if kingsley was 32/33 then id say yeah look hes shot. but i reckon he has 3 to 4 good years of footy ahead of him.

well said. the thing to remember too is that kingsley wasnt handled very well by the cats last last year. his hammy was never quite right when he was brought into the side, and then when it had improved he was so far in the doghouse there was no way he was getting out. he played some very good footy in the VFL and did have bags of 9 in the NAB cup and 8 in round 2 when his hammy was ok. hes a good insurance policy in case of injuries to the tigers other forwards or if the kids just dont come on quickly enuff.

the most important issue in picking a side is keeping the balance between development of youngsters and still being able to achieve success. if kingsley was 32/33 then id say yeah look hes shot. but i reckon he has 3 to 4 good years of footy ahead of him.

also geelong were on fire early this year and so was kingsley it wasnt until geelong started playing poorly that kingsley did also meaning poor supply
then thomo dropped him and he had injurie probs
i say grab him have richo at CHF and kingsley and schulz sharing the square

With Stafford gone, the only reason why Kingsley would be considered is because the club does not think his forward role can be covered. If players like Hughes and Reiwoldt are up to it I would much prefer them to be given a go.

Either way I don't see Kingsley as apart of the tigers future. Terry spoke about the depth at Coburg, so perhaps Kingsley will make his worth by helping our youngsters develop in the magoos.

then why does he have to be on the richmond list?

just tell him to go down to coburg

richardson, brown and kingsley looks good on paper but is not long term

Remove this Banner Ad

Psd & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back