Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting fact I just uncovered.

Round 22, 2000. Gavin Brown and Gavin Crosisca's last game, a young Ben Johnson also playing.

3 premiership players, 20 years apart!

There could have been a lot more, Leon Davis also played, as did Fraser, O'Bree, Tarrant, Lockyer, who all with a bit more luck could have played in 2010.

And in news just in Freeman suffers another "setback" at training:

ST KILDA recruit Nathan Freeman’s comeback has been put on hold again after he suffered another minor setback at training.

But the Saints admitted there was some “relief” after his latest hamstring issue was not as serious as first thought.

Saints’ general manager of football performance Jamie Cox said last night Freeman had felt some “awareness” in his hamstring during a training session earlier in the week, but scans revealed no significant damage.

Cox said Freeman, 20, would miss at least one, possibly two matches as the Saints take a cautious approach with his comeback.

“He had some awareness a couple of days ago,’’ Cox said.

“Because there was no Sandringham seconds game, he was involved in a training session and pulled up a bit short in that.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/f6c46ff50834491f1f85fd17ef82eefc

Goes to St Kilda for more opportunity, plays Sandringham seconds.

Tears the tear in his hamstring. :rolleyes:

The Saints medical team have us a beat hands down, we could never came up with an injury excuse as good as 'awareness'.

Out - Freeman (awareness)

How would Balme put it? Long or medium term awareness?
Pffft, Skynet became aware on August 29th, 1997. What took Freeman so long?

1991_terminator_2_00.jpg

That's sad to hear but cannot believe they described it as 'awareness' with a straight face. Hard to imagine any club having bigger bullshit artists than our spin people but somehow they managed it

This may be evolution at work!

Could this be the first ever self-aware hamstring?

Come to think of it, my left bicep often tells me when I've had enough to drink, so this might not be as historic as I first thought.

That's sad to hear but cannot believe they described it as 'awareness' with a straight face. Hard to imagine any club having bigger bullshit artists than our spin people but somehow they managed it

I want Balmey to top this. It could be quite funny. Freeman won't play VFL before R9 you'd think. Another pull/tweak and it could nearly be season over for NF. I do feel sorry for the guy, but wow $350k for not playing 1 game - utterly staggering. Good recruiting Saints...

"Because there was no Sandringham seconds game, he was involved in a training session and pulled up a bit short in that."

So are they managing that much that he doesn't train and instead plays VFL reserves? I'd be worried if I were a saints fan as it comes across as they're hiding him from any intense activity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want Balmey to top this. It could be quite funny. Freeman won't play VFL before R9 you'd think. Another pull/tweak and it could nearly be season over for NF. I do feel sorry for the guy, but wow $350k for not playing 1 game - utterly staggering. Good recruiting Saints...
+$650k to Carlisle =$1M

It's quite amazing how much the St Kilda version of this thread reads like the Buckley coaching megathread!

A group of head in the clouds dreamers telling everyone it'll work out, a group of extremists shitcanning the trade and a group of realists that realise it was a gamble that just won't work out.

I have fluctuated on Freeman over the journey, but now feel for him. I wouldn't be shocked if more comes of it once he retires, but for now I'd like to see him stay on the park and at least show that he is as average as I'm confident he is...

It's quite amazing how much the St Kilda version of this thread reads like the Buckley coaching megathread!

A group of head in the clouds dreamers telling everyone it'll work out, a group of extremists shitcanning the trade and a group of realists that realise it was a gamble that just won't work out.

I have fluctuated on Freeman over the journey, but now feel for him. I wouldn't be shocked if more comes of it once he retires, but for now I'd like to see him stay on the park and at least show that he is as average as I'm confident he is...
But he got 46 disposals in 3/4 of an amateurs game the other week

Maybe they are 'aware':

- Freeman has a hamstring issue;
- Freeman has a hamstring;
- they just overpaid for a guy who has never played an AFL game;
- they still have another 2.5yrs before they can cut him;
- they just wasted a second round draft pick.

I would like to see him play and do ok.
No axes to grind my end.
But all this "someone's fault" syndrome, not by you by the way, but in general. This idea it's always the fault of a third party eg Collingwood, st kilda, this medic or that...
It's nobody's fault except unfortunately for Freeman his body is brittle hamstring wise. Sad but true.
Players over the years have had no real careers based on their bodies failing them.
That's just life

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Back