Preview QF1 Geelong v Collingwood Sat Sept 3 2022, 435pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
god the media are quite stupid at times... the headline of "geelong jeremy cameron has made a miraculous quick recovery from a hamstring strain for the first final"... they literally said from day one it was a very minor precautionary strain if a strain at all, and he had 3 weeks to deal with it. How is that a "miraculous recovery"?? like we have rushed him back half fit or something. jeezus the horse s**t to sell a story.

you stomp a candle out that fell on the floor, they will write a an article how you almost came inches within death and your house burning down.
And Duncan may still not make it based on some articles, even though he’s also listed as ready to go.

They are just writing articles as click bait.

If you notice - everyone has run out of things to say about Geelong. I’ve read everything now and listened to podcasts and they just brush over us. They talk about 1/8 QF wins, Cameron being injured and they move on to another team.

And Duncan may still not make it based on some articles, even though he’s also listed as ready to go.

If you notice - everyone has run out of things to say about Geelong. I’ve read everything now and listened to podcasts and they just brush over us. They talk about 1/8 QF wins, Cameron being injured and they move on to another team.
Us being in the finals every year must be a marketing nightmare for the afl

I think the bye week has been good for us this year as we’re getting extra rest and recovery into our players. Can’t really talk about winning the QF and then having too long a rest as the results vary. It has affected teams before and at the same time it’s been good for teams too.

What id prefer to see is a slight change - where teams 5 to 8 play during the bye week. And have team 9 and 10 have some sort of playoff to make the finals.

Make it a war of attrition for those 6 teams to keep going forward.

I’m not exactly sure how it would work - but it would be good to give the advantage purely to the top 4.

I enjoyed the Hawkins press conference. He was cagey and deliberately obfuscated (and I am not sure he used the word ‘succinct’ correctly).

Played dumb to a lot of things - but one thing stood out - everyone has been going on about the 1/8 QF record and they’ve been suggesting that we must have a fast start. He brushed off the 1/8 as it isn’t something they think about, but he was a little bit point blank about the fast start. He was not really interested in buying into that as a strategy- rather - it was more about systems. He did let slip that the Pies style and movement from the back half suits us. He was trying to appear humble - but you could tell that he was very confident.

Cam a good runner makes himself a option .that would a big loss.

Inside work to done by.
Sel, danger,parfittt,Adkins etc.
Yes Cam has looked so much better this season creating an option, looks like the Cam of 2016 pushing ahead of the ball and being dangerous,I still think he's a liability at the centre bounce but can have a win or at least hold his own in all other areas of the ground Terrible time to have a shoulder injury pressure and tackling win a lot of finals,I think he and Kolo are the most likely to mis this week both deserve to be there hard decisions needed this week glad it's not me.

Yes Cam has looked so much better this season creating an option, looks like the Cam of 2016 pushing ahead of the ball and being dangerous,I still think he's a liability at the centre bounce but can have a win or at least hold his own in all other areas of the ground Terrible time to have a shoulder injury pressure and tackling win a lot of finals,I think he and Kolo are the most likely to mis this week both deserve to be there hard decisions needed this week glad it's not me.
It was likely just a knock and 2 weeks off, strapping, plus jabs for the game will have him right.

It didnt look like a serious injury. I’m sure if it was a do or die game, he would have been restrapped and jabbed and would have been out there.

If it was actually a bad injury and Guthrie doesn’t play - then Menegola or MOC will take his role. Both big bodied, excellent runners and will offer something slightly different to him and will still contribute to the team as a whole.

It was likely just a knock and 2 weeks off, strapping, plus jabs for the game will have him right.

It didnt look like a serious injury. I’m sure if it was a do or die game, he would have been restrapped and jabbed and would have been out there.

If it was actually a bad injury and Guthrie doesn’t play - then Menegola or MOC will take his role. Both big bodied, excellent runners and will offer something slightly different to him and will still contribute to the team as a whole.
It was his body language more so than the knock it's self that worried me.I hope you're right though.

If Duncan don't play and we win, can you bring him back after 5 weeks out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Duncan don't play and we win, can you bring him back after 5 weeks out
Yes - he's actually rather good first game back after an extended break

Last year he was injured in round 14 and then didn't come back until the finals - in the QF against Port he was one of our best

It's the second game back where he can be a bit slower

I think the bye week has been good for us this year as we’re getting extra rest and recovery into our players. Can’t really talk about winning the QF and then having too long a rest as the results vary. It has affected teams before and at the same time it’s been good for teams too.

What id prefer to see is a slight change - where teams 5 to 8 play during the bye week. And have team 9 and 10 have some sort of playoff to make the finals.

Make it a war of attrition for those 6 teams to keep going forward.

I’m not exactly sure how it would work - but it would be good to give the advantage purely to the top 4.
I was toying around with an idea like that. The only bye should be for the winner of a QF maybe, or something like that. That double chance dictates at least one. If not for that then the Four should get theirs at the end of H/A and the 5~whatever keep on playing, no bye(as you posted)

Yes - he's actually rather good first game back after an extended break

Last year he was injured in round 14 and then didn't come back until the finals - in the QF against Port he was one of our best

It's the second game back where he can be a bit slower
Yes that's been my observations over the years too.

Coach literally saying all players fit and available. Players literally saying they’re available and will play. Players literally on the training track and training. People in this thread “I just can’t see him playing I think he’s still injured”
Well said. You cut right to the heart of the matter.

Have to love how there's hardly been any coverage of us on the news this week - it's mostly been Collingwood and Richmond.

Flying under the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back