Preview QF1 Geelong v Collingwood Sat Sept 3 2022, 435pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kolo, Zuthrie, Smith, Duncan, Blitz, 2E, Henry, Stewart...That is a tall, slow, utility heavy team. A typical Chris Scott finals teams, once again sacrificing contested ball winners (Parf) for the inclusion of more utility (Duncan).

Hoping for a late in....If they write a book about Geelong over the last 10 years that would probably make a good title.

Will also be keen to hear in the post match how a player that got 28 disposals and 7 clearances the last time he played can be omitted...one of those "Master Coach" things i guess.

Yep im melting, save your replies i dont care. Collingwood are a tough team and stay in games because they dont give up on the contest, and all we have done is weakened that area of our game tonight. Zuthrie, Kolo and Miers should be on notice given how they have performed in previoius finals, but we all know they are safe, even if they guard grass all night and barely touch it. I thank god for the small mercy that at least MOC hasnt been kept in for the sake of Scotts ego. Maybe we can call that progress.
who is your late in that rectifies that issue that we actually have on our list? Parfitt? You are bemoaning our pedestrian defence

Not entirely convinced Parfitt was dropped. He was one of the guys who was listed as not training a few days ago.

Might be injured / sore. But whether he plays or doesn't play clearly won't impact the result.

Scott has copped it over the years for not being ruthless at selection, clearly he has proved he can be.
How has he been ruthless?

If I had to choose between there being ZERO or TWO late changes... I'd say it's more likely there will be two.

We are the late change Kings... Would be weird as to not have some in a finals game.

Us fans haven't been confident on the best side for weeks... No way Chris Scott gives the opposition our side two days before the game.

I'll be shocked if the team named now is the one that takes the field... Although it's a very strong side.

I'll guess there's a better than 50/50 chance Parf is a late in... We love late outs.

Parf has polled coaches votes in 2 of the last 3 games, averaged 27 with around 7 clearances and 7 tackles and is our number 1 or 2 pressure player (along Atkins).

In fact, make it an 80/20 chance of a late in.
I love our #3. The only slight against him is his resilience, or lack thereof, and he has missed finals last year, and got injured in the 2020 GF. Maybe he is NQR.

My Team Selection

B: Bews : De Koning : Kolo
HB: Henry : Stewart : Tuohy
C: Smith : Guthrie : Duncan
HF: Close : Cameron : Miers
F: Stengle : Hawkins : Rohan
Foll: Stanley : Dangerfield : Selwood
Int: Blicavs : Atkins : Holmes : Zuthrie

Med Sub: Parfitt
Emg: Menegola : Ceglar : O'Connor : Esava
richard reid winner GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

Atkins’ at his best in the midfield is more damaging than Parfitt’s best.
Is he? Most dispsoals in a game this year is 24, parfits topped that every game in the past 3 weeks. Offesnively parfitt has a higher level.

defensively both are great. Atkins more tackles. Parfitt more run down tackles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kolo, Zuthrie, Smith, Duncan, Blitz, 2E, Henry, Stewart...That is a tall, slow, utility heavy team. A typical Chris Scott finals teams, once again sacrificing contested ball winners (Parf) for the inclusion of more utility (Duncan).

Hoping for a late in....If they write a book about Geelong over the last 10 years that would probably make a good title.

Will also be keen to hear in the post match how a player that got 28 disposals and 7 clearances the last time he played can be omitted...one of those "Master Coach" things i guess.

Yep im melting, save your replies i dont care. Collingwood are a tough team and stay in games because they dont give up on the contest, and all we have done is weakened that area of our game tonight. Zuthrie, Kolo and Miers should be on notice given how they have performed in previoius finals, but we all know they are safe, even if they guard grass all night and barely touch it. I thank god for the small mercy that at least MOC hasnt been kept in for the sake of Scotts ego. Maybe we can call that progress.

Collingwood are pretty poor at contested footy but their pressure is elite - Duncan is an infinitely better user of the pill than Parfitt - seems like a case of picking for who you are playing doesn't it?
Very well balanced team , expect Parfitt will be the medi sub. :thumbsu:

I was suprised. I assume they think captain and danger too similar? He surely will be sub?
Feels that way, I mean how many contested ball winning mids can you have, Danger’s game has changed late season to more contested ball winning recently as well.

I suspect he will be a late in, a sub, or Ceglar will be the sub.

This is the best Geelong team we’ve seen in years.

Is he? Most dispsoals in a game this year is 24, parfits topped that every game in the past 3 weeks. Offesnively parfitt has a higher level.

defensively both are great. Atkins more tackles. Parfitt more run down tackles.
Damaging is a subjective word based on observation. It doesn’t involve relying on Champion Data accountancy.

An embarrassment of Riches. Something fishy with Parf. It's well documented they wait until the last gasp on injury issues.
Maybe Guthrie still dodgy, cos he goes in so bloody hard, but at the very least Parf good medi sub value.
Or Menegola steps up via Guthrie if Parf not 100% which is another suspicion short of asking him.

An embarrassment of Riches. Something fishy with Parf. It's well documented they wait until the last gasp on injury issues.
Maybe Guthrie still dodgy, cos he goes in so bloody hard, but at the very least Parf good medi sub value.
Or Menegola steps up via Guthrie if Parf not 100% which is another suspicion short of asking him.
Maybe, but they can’t fit them all in, so what’s it matter? It’s a good team named.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back