Review Qualifying Final, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Maturity?

I think a whole of club approach tbh from the higher ups to the coaches to the players.

And yep experience and maturity

It’s amazing how close this Finals Series is.

There were four games of finals footy over the weekend and believe it or not, there were 4 winners and 4 losers out of those four games.

I just blows my mind how good and close this competition is.

I think a whole of club approach tbh from the higher ups to the coaches to the players.

And yep experience and maturity
There will be a bit more pressure in the Prelim so it will likely be much closer.
But hopefully the surety will still be there and they execute when required.

There were four games of finals footy over the weekend and believe it or not, there were 4 winners and 4 losers out of those four games.

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Still honestly one of my favourite clips from a footy related show.

I found this somewhat interesting

I think the Payne comment just shows how much King doesn't watch us. Clearly been struggling for a while

But Harris was pretty ordinary on the weekend. Maybe just took Lord too lightly? He can sometimes get stuck in two minds

Perhaps a good reminder to him more than anything as he has been in good form generally

I found this somewhat interesting

I think the Payne comment just shows how much King doesn't watch us. Clearly been struggling for a while

But Harris was pretty ordinary on the weekend. Maybe just took Lord too lightly? He can sometimes get stuck in two minds

Perhaps a good reminder to him more than anything as he has been in good form generally
I am actually wondering if Lord was given a job on Harris similar to Ben King earlier in the year and gave him as much respect as he did King on that particular day.

I am actually wondering if Lord was given a job on Harris similar to Ben King earlier in the year and gave him as much respect as he did King on that particular day.
One of Lord’s goals was a ripper when he wheeled around and snapped it.

But there was another in particular when Harris seemed to think okay i got this, then went hmm actually i have an opponent, turned sideways, mark to Lord

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some Telstra tracker stats from the AFL app:

- Brisbane (285 km) covered 28 km more than Port (257 km) despite Port having four of the five top distances covered on the ground

- Brisbane had around four of the five top individual sprint numbers - Cameron (23), McCarthy (23), Robertson (18), Bailey (18)

- Fletcher led the game for defensive work rate, Robertson was third and McCluggage fifth
Perfectly illustrates Dev's importance to our system, a Gunston or Lyons in for Dev would make a massive hole in those areas of the game... unrewarded and unknown outside the team bubble.

Jaspa Fletcher at the top of defensive work rate says volumes for him, we have another bloody elite youngster on our hands.

Maybe for an outsiders viewpoint, but i thought McCluggage and Rayner were better.

View attachment 1799867

Joe stood up in every quarter and delivered. Solid marking in the first to settle the game. Kicked a goal in the second. Three goals in the third. A goal in the fourth. Beat Aliir throughout the game and his work on the ground after those aerial contests with Aliir always gave us the advantage.

Joe stood up in every quarter and delivered. Solid marking in the first to settle the game. Kicked a goal in the second. Three goals in the third. A goal in the fourth. Beat Aliir throughout the game and his work on the ground after those aerial contests with Aliir always gave us the advantage.
There were a lot on here before the game saying they were concerned about Allir and whoever gets the job on him, has a job ahead of them.
Well Joe exceeded expectations with not only curbing Allir’s influence (zero), but kicking 5.1 on him.
Can’t ask any more than that

There were a lot on here before the game saying they were concerned about Allir and whoever gets the job on him, has a job ahead of them.
Well Joe exceeded expectations with not only curbing Allir’s influence (zero), but kicking 5.1 on him.
Can’t ask any more than that
The stopping of Aliir after the last game against them would have put me as the top contributor.

The rest... well, you can't increase that position.

Just don't check my votes. :D

Coaches votes for the Gary Ayres award - best finals player >​

Brisbane v Port Adelaide​

10 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
7 Joe Daniher (BL)
4 Cameron Rayner (BL)
3 Josh Dunkley (BL)
3 Jaspa Fletcher (BL)
2 Darcy Wilmot (BL)
1 Connor Rozee (PORT)

Josh Kelly also received 10 votes.

Wow - these are the games that matter and top 8 sides went 4-4 against each other. In fact, the top 4 went 2-2.

Leigh Montagna on The First Crack - The Lions have been GIFTED a chance to get to a Grand Final with not having to leave the Gabba till GF day. :mad::rolleyes:

My mistake I thought they earned the home QF by finishing 2nd, and then again earned a home Prelim by winning last night.

He’s right…normally the loser of 2 v 3 gets the home ground advantage in week 2…the Lions are the first-ever winning team to be gifted this 👍

/s

Sorry I can't get over Williamson

Charlie kicks 2 then Williamson pays a stupid free against him that lead to Butters kicking to Marshall and then Williamson as the non-officiating ump pays the free to Marshall who kicks the goal

At least a dozen examples of one sided umpiring. Not surprised his free kick count was so one sided

He should be investigated for point shaving by integrity unit

Nah I genuinely think he’s just terrible at his job.

The few frees he gave us, I remember for every one of them thinking they were just as soft and questionable as the ones he paid against us

Yeah nah…at the ground you could see where he was in relation to the action and how he really went out of his way to make bad calls…this is what point shaving looks like - there’s so much money in gambling that we can’t be afraid to call a space a spade

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Qualifying Final, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide

Back