Preview Qualifying Final - Hawks vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed in several games this weekend that chicken wing tackle has become popular again. What a great way to pull a shoulder out! Don't like that tackle at all! Imagine what that would do to Cyril and his shoulder, although I have seen him do that several times!:thumbsdown:

Even when the 'likeable' Stevie Johnson dropped Benny McGlyn and then Chicken winged him up from the ground.
Worth 2 weeks as far as I am concerned

Even when the 'likeable' Stevie Johnson dropped Benny McGlyn and then Chicken winged him up from the ground.
Worth 2 weeks as far as I am concerned

X, You know he plays for the cats..Will not get any penalty, just like that RAT Chapman,the most he will get (if any) will be a reprimand..He is a sniper, and yet he has NEVER been charged for anything.How the hell those RATS get away with everything, I will never know!:confused:

Just wondering if anyone knows whether AFL Silver members with Hawthorn Club Support are entitled to getting tickets on "Member Monday" tomorrow?

AFL members tickets go on sale Tuesday. Not sure if this is for silver category as well or not. Aflmembership.com.au will have all the info.

The game as I see it - in the first quarter we'll push out to about a 4 goal lead which will become around 7 goals some time in the second. Collingwood will get it back to around 5 goals by 3/4 time and the heart will start pumping as they edge to less than 2 goals down as we start tiring from our tough recent games. However, the sealer will come via an extraordinary goal from Buddy on the boundary line putting us straight into a Prelim Final. Sweet. :D

Round 1 with Collingwood we had McCauley , Savage, Osborne and Boumann and we won by 22 pts. and no franklin and Hodge
Round 17 with Collingwood we had cheney, Murphy and Savage, and we won by 47 pts also had no Hodge and Franklin.

Now we have better players in Go Hawks by 42 pts.

Franklin played round one and tore the game apart with five goals, including a couple of blinders. Surprised you forgot!

Also, the two teams who play on Friday will look rather different to both match ups this year. The following Hawks players have played against Collingwood in 2012: McCauley, Boumann, Osborne, Savage, Cheney, Murphy, Bateman, Guerra. The following Collingwood players have played against the Hawks in 2012: Yagmoor, Rounds, Sinclair, Clarke, Ball, Keeffe, Seedsman, Mooney, Young, Elliot, Paine, Dawes. Of all the players listed above, you'd think that the only possibilities for Friday night's game would be one of Savage/Cheney/Murphy (but more likely Ellis, meaning another change to the teams), and one of Paine/Dawes.

Massive list changes, really. I'll be hoping for a massively different result but you boys will rightfully go in favourites.

Possible ins for Hawthorn compared to round 17: Buddy, Hodge, Ellis/Savage/Cheney/Murphy (Ellis most likely)
Outs: Murphy, Cheney, Gilham

Possible ins for Hawthorn compared to round 17: Buddy, Hodge, Ellis/Savage/Cheney/Murphy (Ellis most likely)

Massive MASSIVE In's!

There you have 2 blokes in Franklin and Hodge who were born to play on the big stage and have proven form in big finals games and Ellis who arguably played his best EVER game on the biggest stage of all!

I don't think we have much to fear from Cloke, we have dealt with him pretty well in the past and also dealt with him last year when he was in top form and also this year. I am confident in our defenders.

Also would like to see Cheney come in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering the way we play when Murphy and cheney are playing...
That's a huge difference! Nice!

You guys absolutely deserve to be clear favourites for the flag, let alone this game.
COllingwood are not functioning right at the minute, probably a case of not having played enough games together during the season. We seem out of sync. I think you should be pretty confident going into the game...however,

Potting opposition players and teams is really just doing a disservice to your own side. I mean, who wants to be the best if all the other competing teams are crap?? Same goes with players. If Schoenmakers beats Cloke this week then who cares, because apparently Cloke is "crap" and Schoenmakers is a class defender who will get the job done. Reality is, the reason you guys will win is because you are a better football side right now.

The only way I can see an upset is if it's wet, or just hard in close and contested style of footy or if Collingwood suddenly click on the night (huge if).And even if these things happen I still can't see the Pies winning by more than a few points.
You have an obvious class advantage moving the ball, but one thing to remember about Collingwood is that our best performances this season have come in games with a huge number of contested possesions. Which is basically finals football. The problem with this is that if we kick a point, our inability to shut down your elite kicking skills will see the ball whiz down to Buddy who (as usual) will have his way with our defenders, who seem to be as in awe of him as the fans are. So I am not completely sure we have the ability to make it a heavily contested game against the Hawks, which in the end means an easy win for you guys.

You guys absolutely deserve to be clear favourites for the flag, let alone this game.
COllingwood are not functioning right at the minute, probably a case of not having played enough games together during the season. We seem out of sync. I think you should be pretty confident going into the game...however,

Potting opposition players and teams is really just doing a disservice to your own side. I mean, who wants to be the best if all the other competing teams are crap?? Same goes with players. If Schoenmakers beats Cloke this week then who cares, because apparently Cloke is "crap" and Schoenmakers is a class defender who will get the job done. Reality is, the reason you guys will win is because you are a better football side right now.

The only way I can see an upset is if it's wet, or just hard in close and contested style of footy or if Collingwood suddenly click on the night (huge if).And even if these things happen I still can't see the Pies winning by more than a few points.
You have an obvious class advantage moving the ball, but one thing to remember about Collingwood is that our best performances this season have come in games with a huge number of contested possesions. Which is basically finals football. The problem with this is that if we kick a point, our inability to shut down your elite kicking skills will see the ball whiz down to Buddy who (as usual) will have his way with our defenders, who seem to be as in awe of him as the fans are. So I am not completely sure we have the ability to make it a heavily contested game against the Hawks, which in the end means an easy win for you guys.
Mate, you're obviously NOT the guy that celebrated the win over Essendon by dropping his teeth out for the cameras. You make some good observations.

Good luck, i think your guys are going to need it, we seem to match up pretty well on your team. Its (obviously) Geelong and WC that can cause us more concerns, but no side makes the top 4 without having something special.

The game as I see it - in the first quarter we'll push out to about a 4 goal lead which will become around 7 goals some time in the second. Collingwood will get it back to around 5 goals by 3/4 time and the heart will start pumping as they edge to less than 2 goals down as we start tiring from our tough recent games. However, the sealer will come via an extraordinary goal from Buddy on the boundary line putting us straight into a Prelim Final. Sweet. :D
Cool , i can now save a buck and go do something else Fri night ..:thumbsu::D

All very well Agent Smith, but you show little respect for my delicate heart in predicting that. I want the big lead to just get bigger as the game progresses.

Sounds similar to last years Preliminary final. Except for the final result of course.

Shaw will play a defensive role on Gibson in my opinion. Did the job on Hardingham last night (yeah, it was only Hardingham) but I suspect they did that in preparation for Gibson. If we let him fly third man up all night long, the ball is going to go from one end to the other in no time.

One advantage I see for us, and it's very minimal, is the run into the finals. Hawthorn have had hard slogs against Sydney and West Coast. Seemed to run out of legs in the last quarter and a half of Friday night so if we can keep with you til 3/4 quarter time, I'll back us in. Massive 'if' though.

See ya Friday!

Shaw will play a defensive role on Gibson in my opinion. Did the job on Hardingham last night (yeah, it was only Hardingham) but I suspect they did that in preparation for Gibson. If we let him fly third man up all night long, the ball is going to go from one end to the other in no time.

That would spell disaster for the Collingwood side. You need Shaw in the backs on one of one of our forawrds. Without him there on the rebound Collingwood will have a much harder time getting the ball out of your forward half.

That would spell disaster for the Collingwood side. You need Shaw in the backs on one of one of our forawrds. Without him there on the rebound Collingwood will have a much harder time getting the ball out of your forward half.
Ben Johnson returning has allowed him to fulfill this role in the side. Johnno has been one of the most underrated backs for us in the last few seasons. We'll be more than fine down back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back