Preview Qualifying Final - Hawks vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only change this week will be in regards to Guerra. I posted this in another thread but will be intestesting to get a few peoples thoughts.

I think a few people are forgetting about Guerra's defensive capabilities.

He is a very good defender on small forwards. Collingwood have Didak, Blair and Krakeour.

So I think there is a pretty big possibility of Cheney or Murphy coming in not due to form over Ellis but just due to match ups. And then the team structuring very similarly to how they played on Friday.

Alternatively, I could see - Hodge moving back playing the permenant general role, Puopolo playing defence and Ellis coming and playing in the middle/high half forward.

And then having a Buddy, Gunston, Resting Ruck (Hale or Roughead), Bruest and Rioli forward line. I like the thought of a 5 person forward line. However, Maxwell & O'Brien as average football players as they are. They are both very good @ playing as the lose man in defence.

The possibilities are pretty fascinating.

I think the only change this week will be in regards to Guerra. I posted this in another thread but will be intestesting to get a few peoples thoughts.

I think a few people are forgetting about Guerra's defensive capabilities.

He is a very good defender on small forwards. Collingwood have Didak, Blair and Krakeour.

So I think there is a pretty big possibility of Cheney or Murphy coming in not due to form over Ellis but just due to match ups. And then the team structuring very similarly to how they played on Friday.

Alternatively, I could see - Hodge moving back playing the permenant general role, Puopolo playing defence and Ellis coming and playing in the middle/high half forward.

And then having a Buddy, Gunston, Resting Ruck (Hale or Roughead), Bruest and Rioli forward line. I like the thought of a 5 person forward line. However, Maxwell & O'Brien as average football players as they are. They are both very good @ playing as the lose man in defence.

The possibilities are pretty fascinating.
The good thing is, we easily beat them without Goo last time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would not be surprised to see Nth upset the cats, they were playing some brilliant footy a couple of weeks back.

My crystal ball has Geelong winning the first two weeks - playing us after we score a break. I would chalk in Collingwood as a win, far prefer facing them than the Weagles. WC were finishing very strongly last Friday, and covering our forwards pretty well - a hell of a lot better than the Collingwood backline have been able to.

Would not be surprised to see Nth upset the cats, they were playing some brilliant footy a couple of weeks back.

My crystal ball has Geelong winning the first two weeks - playing us after we score a break. I would chalk in Collingwood as a win, far prefer facing them than the Weagles. WC were finishing very strongly last Friday, and covering our forwards pretty well - a hell of a lot better than the Collingwood backline have been able to.
North are not playing the cats. The cats have Freo, North have West Coast

I actually think North can take the Cats. As we well know from 2007, the Kangas can rise above and play one really great finals game before falling apart and doing absolutely crappola the following week. The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Cats won't be playing the Kangas, they will feast on the dockers

Nth will play WCE on Sunday.. I would love to see Freo beat Geelong, want those rats out! But I can't see it happening. Who the heck will they put against Hawkins. McPharlin will be out. One thing I guess, we got the extra day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back