"Questions that don't warrant a thread" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Carl Peterson nominated for goal of the year.

Nice goal. Thought Mitch Morton's was better but had to vote for Carl on principle.
Mortons was the flukiest goal ive seen for a while, peterson's was at least intentional in the way he kicked it.

Question regarding ticketing

Hey guys

I've got a question i need answered regarding purchasing tickets online. I'm looking at booking to seats for the game vs Essendon next week, I'm a member and understand this is a replacement game, however I'll be going with my gf who isn't a member. So split question, How do i go about buying tickets and can i gain free entry if i book online. Help would be greatly appreciated :)

Oh and where will the hawks cheersquad be, don't really wanna be near the feral scums cheersquad :p

Cheers

Re: Question regarding ticketing

If you are booking seats worth for eg $36, you will pay full price for the mrs, and about $16 for yours.
This basically means your admission(about $20) is covered by your membership and the $16 pays for your booked seat.

Cheer squad for home games always at Punt Rd end.
Given this is an away game, but not their actual home ground I'm not sure where they'll be.

Good luck

Ahh ok sweet cheers guys. One last Q, on the online site it allocates you a seat. If i was to ring could i be able to choose an area (provided it was available) or is it just better to book whatever seat the site gives

Stuart Dew

While we have all been noticing the progress of Josh Kennedy (JK3) and Benny McGlynn at Sydney, I'd like to put forward the idea that Sydney are looking great this year in part to having Stuart Dew as an assistant coach. Given that we have recently lost two outstanding assistant coaches in Damian Hardwick and Todd Viney who were instrumental in our 2008 premiership I would love to see high calibre coaches (and I think Dew would be an example) at the Hawks to assist clarkson on match day

Re: Stuart Dew

Haha, when I first saw the thread title, I thought it was someone getting desperate regarding our position. Trying to get the magic man back!

But yeah, Dew will make a great coach I reckon. There was a reason he was elevated in his first year to our leadership group, he has a great understanding of the game.

Ahh ok sweet cheers guys. One last Q, on the online site it allocates you a seat. If i was to ring could i be able to choose an area (provided it was available) or is it just better to book whatever seat the site gives
depending on where you live if you go to an outlet you can chose your seat if on line you can't on the phone not sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do we stand on asterisks?

I've noticed that "****ing" is now being censored from various posts here and there

I often read about the hundreds of thousands of young impressionable minds that apparently read this particular board and shouldn't be subjected to foul language......I would've thought the asterisk substitution was a nice compromise - no?

Also baffled as to how these innocents manage to navigate past the ****ing **** that proudly sits atop the main forum page.

Are these people naive or just ****ing stupid?

Where do we stand on asterisks?

I've noticed that "****ing" is now being censored from various posts here and there

I often read about the hundreds of thousands of young impressionable minds that apparently read this particular board and shouldn't be subjected to foul language......I would've thought the asterisk substitution was a nice compromise - no?

Also baffled as to how these innocents manage to navigate past the ****ing **** that proudly sits atop the main forum page.

Are these people naive or just ****ing stupid?

I've often wondered what evading the swear filter meant.

In the normal course of events, I've come to the conclusion that you type out whatever you want and the filter does the job before it's published to the world, hence the asterisks. Therefore no one needs to do anything and the site rules are automatically enforced.

Evasion, I guess, is to mash together words to avoid the dreaded asterisks.

I'm cool with the little stars. I don't have an issue with 'em, but I don't have an issue with swearing in general either.

Re: essendon v hawks game tickets

HH - I'm coming over for the Bombers game in Round 6. I have a Gold Reserved Seat and this is a Replacement Game, correct?

Where can I get entry with my Gold Membership? Do I need to purchase a seat, or just show up at a particular gate? First in best dressed, I assume?

Correct. You'll be able to scan in anywhere you normally would be, but will have to find a seat wherever you can. I'm guessing a lot of us are getting nose bleeds next week.

Is Dew assistant coach at the Swans? No wonder why the are going so well!
Yes apparently he's been working closely with another great former player in Stuart Maxfield, sounds like he's been a really good addition to the club. Dew just seems like a really genuine, likable guy who hopefully can add a lot of value.

Yes apparently he's been working closely with another great former player in Stuart Maxfield, sounds like he's been a really good addition to the club. Dew just seems like a really genuine, likable guy who hopefully can add a lot of value.
he is a ripper of a bloke and approachable too :thumbsu: he will be a great senior coach when he gets the job

Best 22

This is my best 22 at the moment

FB Guerra Gilham Gibson
HB Ladson Roughead Birchall
C Burgoyne Mitchell Sewell
HF Lewis Franklin Bateman
FF Brown Dowler Osbourne
FOLL Bailey Hodge Rioli
IC Renouf Young Shoenmakers Shiels

This is my reserve 22 at the moment

FB Murphy Stratton Milne
HB Whitecross Muston Suckling
C JKT Ellis Savage
HF Peterson Morton Breust
FF Hooper Lisle Moss
FOLL Taylor Tuck Williams
IC Skipper Johnston Sierakowski Stokes

Grimley Lowden

Re: Best 22

Mine -

FB Guerra Gilham Gibson
HB Stratton Shoenmakers Birchall
C Burgoyne Mitchell JKT
HF Lewis Franklin Rioli
FF Brown Roughhead Osbourne
FOLL Taylor Hodge Sewell
IC Renouf Murphy Shiels Moss (Or bateman after a week in the 2's)

Out -

out Ladson -> in Murphy - Murphy is easily in our best 22 at the moment. Did continue to give his all despite getting so much F2@#$! shit from this board. Still does when few do. Decision making is excellent.

out Bailey - > in Taylor - Big bodied, experienced - and if you watched him in pre-season, became an asset around the ground as he really grew into his huge frame.

out Young -> in JKT - Can you drop him after last night? JKT is the new young. Enough said.

out Dowler -> Stratton - Stratton is looking good - earning his spot in the backline. Stratton and Shoe are the future of our backline. Not Roughhead.

out Bateman in Moss - At least for 1 week whilst batemen gets a reality check in the magoos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back